“Not Bad Value but Average Experience”
Review of Korean Fusion BBQ

Korean Fusion BBQ
Ranked #8,463 of 11,951 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Neighborhood: Little India
Neighborhood: Little India
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Unfortunately, the exhaust system wasn't working, which for a BBQ restaurant is quite crucial. The selection of food was great and the quality wasn't bad. Nothing to rave about but no complaints either.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

My boyfriend and I had the dinner buffet there on a weekday and it was surprisingly packed. Thank god we booked in advance via chope. They had a good variety of marinated meat. We preferred the pork and beef but I felt that the chicken was a bit mushy. The kimchi didn't taste fresh either. But I didn't expect a lot from such a cheap buffet. They had thai milk tea icecream and lemon sorbet, and you could ask the staff to make waffles for you although the batter wasn't really good. Will I go there again? Yes, if I had free chope vouchers.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Ventiliation was bad. The place got smokey and everyone in the restaurant were rubbing their eyes as it was painful. It got better after the customers requested to open the windows. The staffs did not help to clear the tables too.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

I was actually craving of Korean BBQ.. as its been a long time since the last time I have been to the couple of my favorite Korean BBQ restaurants, namely 1) *Han Geun doo geun* (which is very very nice quality of food, can order beef *which is sliced properly and thicker than normal korean buffet BBQ restaurants* which makes it more expensive that you can order the unlimited items to your table and press button for service or additional order; beverage at additional cost except hot tea and jug of water)

2) *Manbok Restaurant* (buffet style, clean and in a reasonable price and includes free flow drinks).

Since its my first time to try eatigo, I searched an outlet that has a discount on that night (12/10/17) 5pm for 2 pax. I saw this restaurant and read the reviews, mostly all are good. They discount quite well also. I took the earliest time from *5:00pm with a 30% off* as I have not eaten my lunch because of my busy schedule. There is also *5:30pm which gets 50% off* and so on..

we came in the shop around 4:50pm and informed the staff I have an eatigo reservation by 5pm. She (pardon i did not get her name) asked my name and code,. I cannot find the code but she help me find my reservation and managed to confirm my name (using my codename) that explains why she could not get my name in the reservstion.. she waited until we have chosen a place to sit (it was not hard to choose and we were the first customers they had for the evening), she informed us that we can only stay for maximum of 2 hours, offered drinks package as cheap as $2.5 for free flow of drinks (we bought it) then she immediately heat up the grill.

They cover the grilling metal with a black plastic-like Matt which does not look very clean. *ofcourse if you will go in a Korean BBQ, you'll expect to grill on metal, to get a more natural grilling taste and outcome* this is not good as I would love to grill my favorite pork belly until the skin becomes crispy.

We proceed on taking our food from the counter. The spread looks too little compared to my favorite shops but it does not matter to me as all I want is to fill up my empty stomach.

As I go look around, I felt like my appetite has gone bad. If you are going to be the first customer in the restaurant you would have feel excited that you will be the first to get the freshest items, but instead I saw the cooked items creating a darker shade On the edges of its container, and the top layer looking like a plastic that I can pop to see what is inside. I go round from left to the right until I decided to maybe I take all fresh meat first. I put them on my table then finally I can take my condiments and ofcourse *chilli padi* as I am a sport for spicy foods. The chilli paddy looks yellowish and watery. I got suspicious so I took the whole container and smelled it myself.

I FEEL SO DISGUSTED UNTIL I FEEL LIKE GOING TO VOMMIT!! how can a chilli padi spoil??? How long has this chili paddy been displayed here?? So many questions pop out my mind.

I hold myself back and looking forward to approach someone, but no one is there so I go near the cashier and found someone outside and get her attention about the spoiled chilli padi. He just accepted my comment without any words *she just nod at me while looking at the chilli paddy container on her hands.* She come back with a new batch of chilli padi and I go grab some.

I moved on and asked the staff if there is a beef, (wondering to just go with the non marinated foods to be safer) the lady pointed the marinated pork. I ask again I'm looking for the beef, then she hurriedly pointed on the food tags which is obviously impossible to see. WHY WOULD YOU PUT THE FOODTAGS ON THE TOP SHELVES if your FOODS ARE OPPOSITE BELOW LEVEL? I need to look down to see the food, i couldn't see the top. Very funny yet annoying. But that is not the problem, I ask her to see the tag that she is pointing to, allowing her to see clearly that it is written as PORK and I am looking for BEEF, NOT PORK!!!. Apparently the beef are still not yet topped-up she claims. I said OK and waited while looking disgusted with the presentation of food.. Flies going around touching every meat on the display.

While my husband started grilling we saw *Flies* go here and there so I ask my husband to keep and eye to not let any fly go onto the meat, I stand up to take my favorite KIMCHI. As expected, it looks like its never stirred before, *the edges of the container got a very thick layer of dried kimchi sauce and the color looks lightened.* I WONDER WHY their kimchi is watery. So I took my bowl and take a small amount before I smell it. You will not believe that even kimchi can spoil!!!.. My Korean friend told me that it can last very very long.. How can it be spoiled?? AGAIN, SO MANY QUESTIONS POP INSIDE MY MIND. I stand up and look for the staff to mention what I smelt, she slowly grab the container and smelled it. Its the same reaction as what I get from the previous staff.

And thank you for that *free diarrhea*, yes really I have.. *Please don't laugh*.. The new batch of kimchi they brought out. I took a bowl and eat like half of it (it doesn't smell off like the spoilt one) but I believe that the main reason why I'm having bad stomach today IS THAT KIMCHI. Because it tastes different but I guessed that's what they meant by Korean BBQ fission (which they say is mixed with Singapore flavour) but I did not like it, because normal kimchi I could eat up to 4 bowls. But yesterday I took half of it and I stopped already.

(First) I ended up eating beef, lettuce and ice cream only. (I have returned the pork belly as I could not cook them with their grilling strategy) Not happy with the grilling idea, sadly for that reason I could not eat my crispy pork belly.

(Second) my unheard concerns

(Third) my loss of appetite

(Fifth) unwanted free diarhea

I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED, and VERY VERY DISGUSTED!! I believe I booked with eatigo but its not right to deal with your customers like that. Not even a single staff approached our table and apologize for what I experienced. I was very easy on them and I did not complain onto them as I believe its the management's deal for having their restaurant so unhygienic.

SERVICE IS VERY BAD,

NO MANAGER CHECKING ON CUSTOMERS FOOD SATISFACTION OR EVEN JUST CHECKING FOOD QUALITY.

I PROBABLY WILL NOT COME BACK IN YOUR SHOP EVEN YOU GIVE ME FREE BUFFET AS I AM NOT SURE IF YOUR ITEMS ARE CLEAN ENOUGH TO EAT.

IM sorry for my words but I just don't want anybody to get the lies under the good comments is see below..

I DARE YOU TO TRY, AND LET ME KNOW IF IM WRONG.

P. S. For those who had dinner there yesterday on the 12th OCT. Thanks to me, I stirred the cooked items to look better, and replenished the spoiled items before you all came to start..

5:30pm have few customers arrival.. You should have remembered. We are the first to pay.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is small and cozy. Good varieties of meat (Chicken, pork and beef) marinated in different sauces. Different types of mushroom. Good choices of ice-cream. The waffle is good as well
Value for money.