“An expensive treat”
Review of Meatsmith

Meatsmith
Ranked #659 of 11,771 Restaurants in Singapore
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I remember when Meatsmith first came out - it was all the rage with my friends. The smoked meat just melted in our mouths (and it still does!). I am glad the quality is still the same, however a few years later, the cost seems to have shot up by a lot.

Still worth trying though!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here with a business colleague for a quick tasty lunch.

The meats are slow cooked, which makes the connective tissues break down and the meat break down.

Love this place, it ain’t fancy, but it’s good.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

This is a Western / American-style BBQ joint located in the heart of one of the most "local" neighborhoods in the Singapore CBD, on Telok Ayer Street. Surrounded by food courts and fishhead curry stalls, and offering something totally different from the 20-30 Korean restaurants on Telok Ayer and Amoy Streets, I have to say the food is amazing. It doesn't matter what you order - it's good. It's also kind of expensive for what you get in terms of portion sizes. Then again, you're getting awesome, finger-licking good BBQ pulled pork and home-made Mac'n'Cheese, ribs, etc. so just don't think about it. If you're working in the area and you're jonesing for BBQ, this is a great / the only option, so enjoy it and keep your priorities straight. You're here to eat good food. End of story.

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I ordered the chicken and brisket main courses as well as a couple of snacks such as quail eggs, home fries, corn bread etc. The chicken was alright, meat was tender but really salty. The brisket came in a huge slab, but it was a little dry.

Every dish here seems to be over seasoned or laden with salt l. Even the butter that came together with the corn bread has sprinkles of salt in there.

While the portions of the main courses were decent, portions for the sides were extremely small. A dish of quail eggs costs 7 bucks, but there were only 2 pathetic pieces of eggs. Totally not worth my money.

Don’t think I’ll ever return.

1  Thank Chu_Sam23
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

We visited for the smoked variety of meats and we were impressed. Prices are reasonable and the service was exceptional in making our evening one to remember. There were a few Australian chaps who were very experienced in helping us choose from the best meat options of the day. We would love to be able to visit this one regularly.