“Best eggs benedict!”

PS Cafe
Ranked #377 of 12,205 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tanglin
Description: A REFUGE FOR SOCIAL GATHERING PS.Cafe opened in 1999 as a cosy cafe hidden within Projectshop clothing store. This charming and understated spot quickly gained a following for its hearty takes on savoury cafe classics, famous truffle shoestring fries and indulgent cakes, puddings and tarts. Thoughtfully detailed interiors, lush surroundings, friendly relaxed service and generous portions have made this homegrown Singapore brand an internationally recognized local favourite. PS.Cafe is the place for legendary brunches and lazy afternoon teas, romantic dates and friendly celebrations in beautiful surroundings.
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Went here based on hotel concierge recommendation. We caught a taxi to Dempsey Hill which is up the far end of Orchard Road (fair walk from any metro station). the suburb itself is an old army barracks converted into restaurants now and is worth a look itself.

PS Cafe is in a really luscious garden area with amazing ambience. We went on a Saturday for brunch and only waited a few minutes for a table.

The coffee was amazing; and the brunch menu was lengthy and enticing. I almost ordered the pancakes which the next table had ordered but went for eggs benedict instead.

I was not dissapointed. This dish was definitely the best eggs benedict I have ever had. The hollandaise was perfect and not too tart, and the toast was like light brioche (not sourdough). The little pickles also made this dish amazing as they were the perfect balance to the rich hollandaise.

Overall I loved this place and will definitely be back. There is also a branch in Chinatown which we also tried and the coffee there was just as good.

Highly recommended! No problems getting an uber or taxi back from Dempsey a the end of our meal either.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

We go here occasionally for breakfast during weekdays. The staff are top notch, friendly and helpful. The coffee ($6) is very good, and in generous quantity. The pastries (select at the front counter) are also good value. The scenery is simply beautiful, especially in the mornings, when you can see the sun peeking between the trees. The restaurant is quiet in the weekday mornings (it opens at 8am).

The other breakfast items are very pricey for the value they provide (I've tried their bunwich, which should be avoided and the full breakfast, which is bad). I've always found it strange that restaurants in Singapore stinge on food when that is the main attraction, and probably the lowest cost item.

So, go here in the weekday mornings for a small pastry breakfast with coffee. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Great food offering, service was OK, expected more for the $$$ price paid. Nonetheless a nice location venue for a weekend brunch.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

PS Cafe is a gem in Singapore and unfortunately very popular on weekends for brunch so my 51st birthday July 9th started with a long wait for a table for three. But it was well worth it as the food was to die for. When I was finished I tried to cut my wrists with the leather cover of my iPhone 7 because this was a very beautiful lasting moment in my life worth remembering just before you die. But eventually I had to go to the loo and then forgot all about that plan, as my friends and family were waiting for me at the door anyway...

The french fries were covered with Parmesan cheese and infused with truffle oil, good lora allmighty who the heck had that idea? It was tons on my love handles as I needed a bulldozer to shove them all into my mouth!

The drinks were Mango and mint leaves in a soda water which was a delight to drink but only lasted 5 seconds, then it was gone!

The main dish was bread halves covered with salad and mushrooms accompanied with cheese assortment and a salad sauce that I've never tasted before, it was magnificent! Also only lasted for two minutes, sadly. Then as I said I went to the loo but you now might think I'm putting fingers in my thirst etc. etc. but hey, as they had the mirror covered with some wild jungle plant I couldn't see my face so I didn't find the entry so I just pulled down my pants to do what you're supposed to do when at the loo!

Always leave the toilet clean, SIT DOWN even when you only do the pipi.

Once I entered the loo, two small boys not even three years old were standing at the pissoirs grining at me saying 'good morning' even though it was noon. They were hardly able to reach the bottom of the pissoir standing there and I burst out laughing...then I forgot to do what I wanted to do and sat down for a pee. Not pie, pee!

Well, this place is beautiful, so is the food, and that's why it's packed! My friend said there are horrible reviews about it, but hey, here and there you always have people frustrated with their own boring lives forgetting about the beauty of it itself and nagging at all and everything, don't follow those reviews and see for yourself!

Service was kind of unorganized but never slow and never unattentive! Again, place was packed!

Reservations are possible, you better!

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Took my parents who were visiting - service is fair but nothing outstanding feels a bit forced. Food was fine but nothing to shout out about - sharing plates and mains

Everyone talks about the ambience being great - again nothing special here (but I have just been to Spain so maybe measuring unfairly)

Ok but not rushing back as so many other great options in Singapore