“Awesome experience”

Get food delivered
Ranked #76 of 13,623 Restaurants in Singapore
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Central Area/City Area
Description: Mitzo reinvents the Chinese dining experience and brings with it a fresh approach and energy. A key feature of Mitzo cuisine is staying true to the philosophy of Cantonese cuisine; focusing on the quality of ingredients and its execution, while retaining its familiarity and authenticity.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Here for weekend brunch yesterday and really enjoyed ourselves. Wonderful service staff Evie would love to come back again!

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

First time visited this place and I’m in awe. From food served to us, and the services rendered by this awesome people.
Melvin, Janet, Nicole, Ming shun. These amazing people should received a raise.

Reviewed 4 April 2021 via mobile

I received an email regarding Mitzo’s special Easter Dimsum Brunch and decided to come as the menu looked very good.

Service was also exceptional:
- Janet called me within an hour upon my reservation was confirmed via Chope. I like their service in checking out if we’ve special occasion and advising us the price of the menu we’ve selected.
- Evie was another outstanding staff. She knows the menu very well and advised us the supreme dishes and how it works on the order chit.

Food was OTT but at very reasonable price:
- The Supreme dishes - lobster, unagi & abalone were well-portioned and flavourful.
- Dimsum, main dishes & dessert were also very satisfying with lots of varieties.

We definitely have to return to try out the rest of the over 50 items on the brunch menu.

Reviewed 27 February 2021

Normally I don't write reviews but this one was a pretty underwhelming experience considering the price tag. I had to get it off me and write this review late Sat night. Made reservation a week ago but received a call 3 days in mentioning the signature dishes ( BBQ pork, roast pork and truffle duck) are not available that coming Saturday and was asked if we wanted to cancel the reservation. I mean a restaurant can know they won't have their signature dishes days in advance yet couldn't care about preparing them still? Sounds a little strange doesn't it? Regardless, I decided to still give the restaurant a try and went for the signature set menu.

Food is underwhelming overall, the dim sum basket appetiser with pretty dry dim sum in it, and the delivery was bad, mini abalone fell off the siu mai, sea urchin roe fell of the scallop. Whole dish looked like a mess. For the chicken rice with foie Gras sauce, chicken was alright but the rice was really dry considering the rice is steamed first. It felt like the dishes were prepared way in advance and microwaved before serving. The best dish I would say is the si chuan peppercorn BBQ pork.

The ambiance is average, nice decoration and all but it is noisy since the restaurant don't space out the tables well enough. We were seated near the bar area, and there were what seemed drunk patrons talking loudly in english/mandarin/hokkien mix and spewing vulgarities. The staff didn't care about it. So much for fine dining.

Most annoying part was when I was asked if there are dietary concerns, and I said yes flowers. I'm allergic to flowers. The manager acknowledged it but my dessert still had chrysanthemum petals on it. If I wasn't in a rush after waiting 20 mins for the dessert to be served after the chicken rice, I would have returned it then gave the manager an earful. What was the point of asking in the first place?

Overall, considering the 128++ price tag per pax (x4 this time) and quality, sadly I don't think I will be going back. Part of me wants to give the ala carte menu a chance after trying their signature set, but the service/ambiance really did ruin it for me. There really are better options available. Personally the restaurant/bar concept didn't work for me, I would say focus on the restaurant as it is funny that Bar Canary right outside the restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2021
Mitzo, Manager at Mitzo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

Dear Frank,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We understand the frustration that our signature dishes were unavailable for your visit, and we are working on increasing the availability of our limited portions of these signature dishes. We have shared your feedback on the food with our chef for their review as well.

We thank you for sharing your thoughts for our improvement. We are truly apologetic that you did not enjoy the visit. Should you decide to give our a la carte menu a try, do let us know by emailing to rsvn@mitzo.sg, we’d be happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

I don’t remember giving anyone a one star but this restaurant, once a place I liked and recommended, gets it from me today. Hence, today, 26 feb 2021, is a special day for me; the day I prescribe a one star.

Let’s start with the food. They have set menus for four but not for two. I mean look around, most tables are set for twos. Many items were perverse and mismatched in tastes, which is shocking considering the usual standard of this kitchen. The spiced braised pork rib was the worst I’ve ever had. They put massive chunks of chicken breast in our soups!! Wow, is this even a premium Chinese restaurant? The lobster claw udon with preserved liver and sausage is a horrendous combination of competing and mismatched flavours. Their supposedly signature item - BBQ pork - was conspicuously missing from their CNY menu - this would be their biggest mistake this time. Hello, why do you think people come back to this restaurant - To eat lobster???

The one and only successful innovation is the pineapple yam nian-gao tart dessert with the sago cream. Everything else is YUCKS.

I see numerous customers (one family, and one pair of ladies who reserved a nice window seat which was declined to me) entering, sitting down, and then leaving the restaurant after viewing the menu. What does that look like??? Hello, shouldn’t you guys act fast????

Now we come to service. Tea was not promptly served throughout Our meal. Pepper was not offered. Staff failed to convey info to other staff like what tea, how many pax, - all the basic info. Staff disappeared as soon as they served you the food. Then out of the blue they are super eager to clear our plates, even when it’s obviously unfinished.

And finally the ambience. Beautiful - yes. Functional - no. Noise reflects everywhere; it’s like a market. It’s peak lunch time and Though the restaurant is less than half full, it SOUNDS like it’s crowded inside! No table clothes. If you have not been here, would you envision a quiet romantic meal in this restaurant???

You’re really done for, if this is the best you can do. You are literally surrounded by Chinese restaurants with far superior offerings.

Oh, to think I ever rated you five stars?? I gladly bite my tongue over it. If I’m the boss of this restaurant and going through all my experiences above, I’ll probably vomit out everything I ate.. (unless his taste - in food and ambience - is below average to begin with).

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank derrickawcw
Mitzo, Manager at Mitzo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

Dear Derrick, we want to extend our apologies concerning your experience, and we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback for our improvement.

It is our regret that we did not meet your expectations during this visit. During the Lunar New year season, our special set menus have a minimum of 4 to dine, and we will consider an alternative arrangement for the next season. We are very sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with the food and have shared your comments with our chefs for their review.

We pride ourselves on providing a comfortable dining experience and good service and we would like to make things right. Should you give us another chance, we would be happy to reserve a window-seat for you and preorder the Signature BBQ pork (limited portions per day) so that you can try it this next time. Do let us know by emailing to rsvn@mitzo.sg if you’d like to book. We value our customers' opinions and would like to thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.