“yummy cakes and ice cream”
Review of Sunday Folks

Sunday Folks
Reserve with Chope
Sunday Folks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 289 Dessert in Singapore
Reviewed 4 July 2016

Came here with a group of friends after dinner one evening for dessert and it was a good choice. The cakes are yummy. The pancakes too. A little pricey but that doesn't seem to turn people away. Long queue.

Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

This is a wildly popular soft serve ice cream parlour in Holland Village. With queues usually out the door, limited opening hours and slow service, we stayed away for about a year after getting a take away one evening.

At the last minute I decided to pop round today to see if the ice cream was still good and it is. Ordered the pistachio cone to go - the ice cream had a good flavour, the roasted pistachio nut topping and chocolate flavoured cone complimented nicely.

It still takes a while to order (partly due to indecisive customers) and there's about a 5 minute wait to get your confection after ordering. The crew is young and enthusiastic - one of them opened the door for me on my way out which was very sweet.

At S$7.50 (USD5.50) for an ice cream cone, this is pretty expensive stuff. The product has been been consistent though, they've ironed out their daily opening hours and the place is generally well run so I'd say it's one local business worth supporting.

1  Thank lchan289
Reviewed 3 June 2016

I came here with a group of ten friends after we had lunch and all wanted to eat some desserts (because there is always room for dessert!). Our group was seated promptly and without fuss which I appreciated. The girl next to me and I ordered the Earl Grey Lavender ice cream and Sea Salt Gula Melaka ice cream to share.

We both thought the Earl Grey Lavender ice cream tasted absolutely divine. It had the lovely perfumed flavour of Earl Grey tea infused with the palate cleansing taste of lavender. This ice cream was served with two glazed almond biscuits, some jelly and fresh blueberries. The cornflakes at the bottom added a welcome level of crunchiness to the dessert. The Sea Salt Gula Melaka ice cream, served with mochi and sesame wafers, also tasted excellent and perfectly combined saltiness and a caramel-like sweetness to make a very delicious dessert.

The prices at Sunday Folks are not exactly the cheapest at around 8 Singapore Dollars for one serving of ice cream, but boy oh boy are they worth it for the fabulous and rather unique ice creams flavours being served here :).

15  Thank Jenanime
Reviewed 22 April 2016 via mobile

Sunday Folks is as charming as its name sounds. Love how it always feels like I am visiting a friend on this quaint part of holland village.

Good to visit for a treat for yourself.
Good for a girlfriends day out.
Perfect for any kind of outings with everyone you love.

A self-confessed gula melaka addict, I got to love their sea salt gula melaka soft serve. A cup of super goodness with all kinds of fancy toppings. On top of which you can still add on from a wonderful range of others.

Salted caramel popcorn.
Bitter orange.
Chocolate mashmallow.
Sesame brittle.
Homemade granola.
Soufflé cheesecake.

Looooove loooooooooove loooooooooove.

My other soft spot would be the lemon lavender cake. As much as I have eaten this way too many times, it's still a twist of comfort for me.

1  Thank e_motionsfly
Reviewed 13 April 2016 via mobile

I went into this place with mixed thoughts. I am delighted to report that I was very much mistaken. This dessert store should not be so low down. The waffle was great with the ear grey and lavender ice cream. Subtle flavours and all good.