“no wow factor”

Marina Bay Cruise Centre
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

went on mariner of the seas fort a week in our opinion rci are not as good as it was when we went on one of their ship 2years ago. my luggage was held in security on deck 2 where they said I had a kettle of which was a security risk and health and safety risk really I put over my point that I brought a kettle as I could not find anything on there web site to see if there was a kettle in the cabins it fell on deaf ears and behold we had a kettle in our room while my friends in there 2 cabins did not, a good start meals on the ship were very good the next downfall was the MAIN DINING ROOM where as a group of 5 one of us was put on a separate table on a different deck not happy had to wait over half an hour till they found a table hooray. following night formal night they let people in with shorts on baseball caps etc must have changed the rules of formal hey ho. following night CASUAL oh dear went with shirt and dress shorts like 40 plus others got turned away you must where trousers went and changed we argued the point of formal night and who they were letting in the maître de and his three cronies did not seem to be interested until I said I was going to complain he tried to give us a slap up meal in another restaurant which we declined after that night a lot of the dining room was EMPTY the ship itself was ok but tired with no atmosphere to it we did not like the experience at all and we all said we will not use rci anymore

All reviews
"mrt"
"bay"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We took a cruise from Singapore and back again in mid-March 2018. The embarkation process was super smooth with our bags being dropped off at the entrance. People were on hand every few metres to point you in the right direction as you went through the various embarkation processes. All were super friendly and helpful. There were nearly 3000 people going through in a short period of time and they processed them all quickly and efficiently. You weren't given time slots to arrive like I've had in other ports but rather could come at any time in the four hour window. A tip for those who are foreigners to Singapore - don't forget to have your little immigration paper handy from when you arrived in Singapore. You need to hand that over when you leave. I didn't as it was packed in my suitcase and I still got through but the elderly lady before me also didn't and she was taken to another room for further questioning. Easier to just remember it in the first place.

When we disembarked the only challenge was for the other cruise ship that docked just after us. They were there for the day so had a lot of people leaving on day trips. They needed to go through the same queues for immigration and security scanning as we did when we were clearing our luggage as well. Frustrating for them but easy enough for us.

Also, if you are leaving Singapore directly from disembarking your cruise, take your cruise card with you when you go to the next immigration checkpoint. We went to Malaysia the next day for a day trip and got stopped at immigration leaving Singapore as they had no record we had come back in on the cruise. Wasn't any real hassle as the immigration person was really lovely but again, just easier to have the cruise card to hand than not.

2  Thank SusanC C
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Think it's still a fairly new facility with absolutely nothing around it or inside.

About 300 meters from the nearest MRT station (Marina Pier Station).

Serves its purpose, nothing else.

1  Thank Noob123
Reviewed March 7, 2018

We embarked on a Princess cruise at the terminal we were given a time and arrived at the time given to find a large queue waiting to go through the boarding process it took a while and it was very warm i wanted to go and get some water but did not want to loose my place in the line.

2  Thank the Aberdeen Plumber
See more reviews
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Everything needed to join your cruise with no fuss and complete efficiency from dropping your suitcases to stepping aboard. All officials happy to help you through customs and immigration quckly. Signing in and collecting your cruise card only took a few minutes. However the total distance from taxi to ships deck was about one kilometre. My wife has two knee replacements and it took a couple of rest stops before getting onboard. Coming back when leaving we had a wheelchair for her and the system was set up for those with difficulties. From the ships meeting space to our hotel took only one hour and I suspect this was someting of a record going by the queues for taxis. It was well organised though with plenty of immigration officials at passport control right down to taxis on standby. Modern and clean it was easy and pleasant to use.