“We sort of made it..”
Review of Phantom Joker Escape - CLOSED

Phantom Joker Escape
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Phantom Joker presents you Real Escape Games v2.0 with variety of hi-tech machineries and special effects that surely will surprise you, delicately decorated rooms each brings you to an exotic world, fascinating game designs with exciting missions, and a journey that is much more than opening locks. What's Real Escape Game: Real Escape Game translates computer games to reality. This game requires participants to escape from a room within a time limit by finding clues and solving mysteries. It is a challenge to the participants' intelligence, vigor and teamwork capacity.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We visited the Phantom Joker Escape some time in April. It was my first experience in an escape room. The over experience was very good. There was lots of interesting use of technology. The room was a little abstract and we had trouble getting started. But after some help from the staff, we managed our way through somehow.

It is worth the visit for those who want something challenging.

1  Thank ayzealot

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The room is pretty awesome and definitely recommended for those who have not try phantom joker!
i tried Epi 01 and the staffs were very helpful and approachable unlike other escape company who was not that helpful. =) TRY IT!

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

The use of technology is pretty cool! I had fun figuring out how to operate the equipment. Everything was okay until the middle where we got stuck for awhile because it requires us to use our imagination. I went out of the room with "what just happened". It wasn't very clear which makes it not very worth it for the price.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

(Note: As I'm reviewing all the escape room companies that I've tried, my reviews focus on the differences between companies, not on the escape room concept itself.)

Two of the rooms in Phantom Joker Escape must surely rank among Singapore's best escape rooms: room 1 (Mysterious Lab) and 2b (Ancient Villa).

Both rooms are very immersive, thanks to the original and interesting ways in which you'll have to solve several puzzles, and exciting special effects/use of technology. There are strong 'multimedia' and interactive aspects to the puzzles -- you won't just get the usual combination or key locks here. The puzzles are also logical rather than arbitrary, and integrated with the storylines and decoration of the room.

Unfortunately, room 2a and their special seven-star-difficulty room aren't at the same level. Room 2a is a decent experience and worth playing, but not outstanding. The seven-star room requires more logical leaps, and has a potentially disappointing endgame -- I would only recommend it to escape room veterans who want to test themselves, not a casual team looking for fun.

The staff are very friendly, and there's a great lounge area where you can even play darts while waiting for your game to start. You aren't forced to team up with strangers, which is a plus.

I played their three main rooms and the seven-star room at various times from February till May. A four-person team is about right for the main rooms; we tried the seven-star room as a six-person team, which was also adequate.

I haven't played their prequel room yet, but I'm looking forward to it!

1  Thank randomvoice
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Phantom Joker's escape rooms are linked with a storyline, but can still be played independently of each other. The room my friends and I played in was in darkness, so it took some time to get used to. There were quite a few techy gadgets used creatively as part of the puzzles - I was quite impressed in the efforts of how they were incorporated into them. Most importantly, the game did not have much useless red herrings to waste our time, something I dislike for escape games, since there is a time limit.

Overall we enjoyed ourselves and are already intending to return to challenge another room soon! Yay!