“" TOP FISH HEAD CURRY "”
Review of Muthu's Curry

Muthu's Curry
Ranked #446 of 12,226 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Little India
Description: Founded in 1969, this small humble eatery has now transformed into a modern dining space. This Indian restaurant has made a name for itself with its signature fish head curry, cooked South Indian style. It serves mainly South Indian dishes, such as Masala chicken, mutton curry and Briyani Rice, but also offers North Indian cuisine, including Naan, Tandoori chicken and chicken Tikka.
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

The best and fresh fish head curry in Singapore. Ordered 2 fish heads and both came out fresh and succulent. Service class act. Don't need to choose others. Just go right in!!!.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We have been to muthus curry before but recently the food quality had been terrible. Taste has reduced to large extent. Chicken chukka is my favorite there which isn't taste that way now. Signature fish head curry has also lost its uniquness. Wouldn't go next time.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

My husband and I were in Singapore and we had a chance to catch up with our friends who are locals here. They picked us up from our hotel and we ended at Muthu's Curry for dinner. Our friends had made reservations in advance so we got a table right away.

When we arrived at the table we were given a banana leaf on a tray. We were able to order from the table's digital menu. We immediately started ordering multiple dishes to include: fish head curry (the best!!!), curry mutton, Gobi Manchurian, and a few other items that now I can't remember. Everything was delicious.

All the food was delicious and highly recommend. Each couple got a side dish of rice to share

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Food was quite good, but what I would expect from any Indian restaurant. Very spacious and air conditioned. Didn't like ordering on an iPad.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I went to Muthu's Curry for lunch today with my colleague. We ordered white rice (which came with brinjal and cabbage), chicken tikka, squid (squid sambal), tiger prawns, and butter chicken, and for dessert, we had home-made kulfi and masala tea.

It seemed like a posh restaurant with a nice ambience. The lighting was adequate, and the food was well displayed.

As for the food, I was dismayed on many counts.

First the vegetables that came with the rice were cabbage and brinjal. I would expect this from a coffee shop down the road but not from a restaurant that is trying to project a premium image.

Secondly the brinjal tasted sweet. The waiter told me they added sugar. If you are genuinely serving Indian food, there is no need to add sugar. What is important is the taste of the spices in the food and not sugar.

The chicken tikka was also sweet and tasted more like barbequed chicken pieces.

The home-made mango kulfi was too sweet for our liking. We could not taste the cardamom because the taste and sweetness of the mango was overpowering.

Finally, the masala tea was lukewarm and we could hardly taste the spices.

The rest of the food was nothing to brag about.

Other than that, the waiters are couteous and helpful. That made the experience pleasant. However, I will think twice about going back.