Lowest prices for your stay
₱5,168
Priceline
₱5,171
Go to your Happy Price
₱5,177
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews geylang area mrt station walking distance mountbatten hawker
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

This is our first anniversary celebration. We decided to have a tour package in tri-city (Singapore-Malaysia-Indonesia.) During our 4days stay in Singapore, Fragrance Hotel - Crystal is our official hotel. The hotel is newly renovated and it's located near bus station and easy access to all establishments. The reception is small but very clean. I'm also amazed with there staff- from receptionist to room attendant, they are very kind and hospitable. They even give us complementary wifi during our whole stay. I highly recommended this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank FergaSon
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Service was very good, all of the staff we encountered spoke good English. The location is funny - it is situated in a red lights district, but we had no problems at all - close to metro and bus stations, and also a lot of cheap places around for shopping or eating out. Our room was very comfortable and clean, we had everything we needed - fresh towels, comfortable bed, AC, mini-fridge, good and free wi-fi (but you can connect up to 3 devices at a time). Also you get free tea and coffee, dental kits and a shower cap (no toiletries or soap so be sure to bring some yourself, there is though some kind of liquid soap dispenser on the wall under the shower). Only disadvantages - it can get really noisy at times and you can hear your neighbours singing in the shower or listening to loud asian music in the middle of the night. Also, the bed was on wheels, god knows why, and every time you try to rest your back on the headboard the whole bed slided forward and this was very annoying. Overall, very nice for its extremely cheap price for this city.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MariqN10
Reviewed July 28, 2016

very good customer service, safe area, cold aircon, a very good hotel to stay, good hotel to stay for those who are in a tight budget.... THANK YOU SO MUCH FRAGRANCE HOTEL CRYSTAL, ESPECIALY TO THOSE VERY ACCOMODATING AND FRIENDLY EMPLOYEES

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2016

I and my family had been travelling by car all the way from Thailand to Singapore and we were staying the Fragrance Hotel – Crystal during our holiday on 25-27 April 2016. We got a big trouble during the check-in as I did a mistake when I made a booking. I actually meant to book 1 rooms for 2 night but instead of that I made 1 night for 2 rooms.
I tried to amend my booking but it wasn’t easy to coordinate with the agency back and forth in such a very short and busy time. We were unable to check-in at that time and my kids were so exhausted from the traveling also it’s a very late night.
My language barrier is the main trouble that make everything more difficult and I tried so hard to make the agency understand my problem. Fortunately, I got hands from the receptionist which try to help me to explain the situation to the agency. More importantly the let us check-in before waiting for the problem to be solved in the next 12 hrs.

I can’t thank you enough to Khalis, Ezwan,Kannan,Ben,Yeoh for helping me and my family. Your service mind is unpoint. I hope I can find a time to visit you once again for the next school break of my kids.

Room tip: No commend
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Budget Singapore Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2016

Dear Yomyai,

It must have been an amazing road trip, to have embarked on a more than 900km journey from Thailand to Singapore!

I am glad to hear of the assistance rendered by the Front Desk Team, whom had helped in the resolving of your reservation issue confirmed through the hotel's online travel agent partner.

We look forward to welcoming your stay with us on your next trip to Singapore!

Regards,
Jack Chee
Customer Relations Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2016

Room was very new and in good condition. Comfortable and clean.

The hotel is in Geylang area, accessible via Aljunied MRT as well as Mountbatten MRT. When asked, the receptionist told us that we can't walk to Mountbatten. After a couple of days, we tried and found that it's actually nearer to walk to Mountbatten. Disappointed that the staff could not acknowledge this. True, the walk to Aljunied may be more interesting, as you pass by many eateries and shops, but it's important to let your guests know of the options they have.

There are many eateries nearby, till late too. Very convenient. If you walk to Aljunied MRT, you would need to pass by some brothels. It's very safe though, we did not feel disturbed or any uneasiness.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank highfever88
GlobalPremiumHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Budget Singapore Crystal, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2016

Dear HighFever88,

Yes, travellers might be pleased to note that Fragrance Hotel - Crystal had recently completed its refurbishment works in Dec last year. Hence, the rooms and its amenities are all brand new.

You are correct to point out that the hotel is located within walking distance to these two train stations:

- 950m walk to Mountbatten MRT Station (Circle Orange Line CC7)
- 900m walk to Aljunied MRT Station (East-West Green Line EW9)

The hotel staff would usually recommend Aljunied MRT Station over Mountbatten MRT Station, rationale being it is a more popular line with access to the many tourist sites. Nevertheless, I agree with you that it is necessary to offer this information as an option to the guests.

Thank you for sharing this information.

Regards,