3,721 results
All reviews straits kitchen orchard road martini bar pete's place grand club lounge grand deluxe room shopping district business trip business hotel f b standard room buffet breakfast early check mrt station brix scotts mezza
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Location is good because vehicles generally do not really need to pay ERP fees when travelling to and from the hotel. If you really need to take a cab to travel nearby within the ERP area, just walk a short distance towards Tang's or Lucky Plaza and flag a cab there to avoid that surcharges on your cab fees. Underpass to Orchard MRT, ION and WISMA is nearby after Tang's. Local street food is available at Far East Plaza just beside it (upper levels). Cinema is opposite at Lido Shaw's Theatres. Every staff was trained to greet visitors and offer assistance even when I was just sharing a lift or randomly passing by.

Furnishings and room were good and upgraded. Although lifts were small in size, there were much more than the usual. (6 - 8 ) The TV programs in-house software made it easy for guest to view what they needed to. I could find the channels I needed with relative ease as it was categorized accurately. What impress me most is that there were no big problems with my stay here, which is rare these days in my stays (unlucky perhaps). And I am thankful that the hotel lights are not too bright, sharp and glaring with those "overkill" LED lights. Some hotels enjoy lighting up the place, super bright to the eyes!

However, the restaurant, Straits Kitchen, could do better by offering a number tag system or alternative at the grilled or satay counter. At point of visit, it was first come, first serve with no maximum servings per waiting diner. There was a huge queue during buffet dinner time and all it took was 1 diner in front to sweep up 15-20 chicken satay(s) (or any of the same flavour) and it was another long wait for the rest. The extended waiting time incited the rest in the queue repeat the same feat by taking more for his/her entire table leaving almost nothing for the rest waiting in the queue. The cook can only cook a limited amount of satay per 15 minutes or so and there were like 8 people in the queue.

I booked a deluxe twin bed (ID: 305920397 ). Somehow, I got a room with 1 big bed. I shared the bed. Customer service hotline and email management was outsourced to a foreign country where English is not really their first language... Miscommunication twice (once via phone and once via email). It got sorted out by a more senior staff named Bryan over there when I talked to him (2nd call). These may be big to others but I found it trivial and resolved them satisfactorily.

Grand Hyatt is at the beginning of Orchard Road and the Christmas lights decorations now at this point of writing. Have a great trip and Xmas ahead

Room Tip: Good location with good local food and amenities nearby
  • Stayed: November 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Crappy2016
GrandHyattSG, Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear HungryCavy,

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and are very grateful and appreciative of your kind compliments. We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our comfortable room even though there has been a minor hiccup with regards to the bed arrangement. Please accept our apologies.

Regardless, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Singapore and we look forward to the next opportunity to being of service to you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good hotel near Orchard Road

Pros:
Excellent central location, near Orchard Road with close by MRT Station
Very spacious room, clean and comfortable with good wifi
Good breakfast buffet

To improve:
Communications between reservation and other group booking department can be improved. We made our reservation through a group booking; when we email the hotel to check our reservation, the hotel could not find our reservation as it was under group booking. Only after some clarifications, the hotel manage to locate our reservation.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
GrandHyattSG, Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear TheAnotherTraveller,

Thank you for trusting us with your recent stay during your trip to Singapore. We're so glad to hear that you've enjoyed our spacious and comfortable room as well as the breakfast buffet at StraitsKitchen.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the communication process during your check-in. We'll work with the respective teams to ensure that this incident will not repeat itself. We understand the importance of a seamless check-in especially when the majority of our guests are tired from their flights.

Thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel is located in the perfect central position for shopping, sightseeing and much more. The hotel rooms are very spacious although are in need of a facelift. Bed very comfy and room extremely quiet. Staff very helpful and friendly. The swimming pool was quite a distance from the rooms. Seemed to be shared with neighbouring hotel so always crowded.

Room Tip: Always ask for a quiet room away from lift well.
  • Stayed: November 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear BronnyOG,

We're pleased to hear that you've enjoyed our spacious and comfortable rooms and warm service from our team members during your recent stay with us.

We would like to take this opportunity to share that our swimming pool is not shared by any neighbouring hotels. The pool is exclusive for all of our hotel guests as well as members of our Damai Spa. We would also like to acknowledge that our hotel is in the midst of planning a renovation in the near future to continue to keep up with the needs of a modern traveller like yourself.

We hope that you'll continue to think of us during your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was my very first stay with the Grand Hyatt group for 2 nights (8-10th Nov) At the onset; I must say that the hotel and its management were extremely impressive !! I was allotted a room upgrade by the Guest Services Manager - Ms Amy Liu being my first stay with the Hyatt Group. My stay was extremely comfortable; and aboslutely no minus in this hotel.. the breakfast buffet was totally adequate with food varieties offered from various parts of the world!!
I surely would reccommend this hotel to all my friends and travellers to Singapore! Five stars ***** !!

Stayed: November 2018, traveled on business

Dear deeps1979,

We're so happy to hear of your enjoyable experience during your recent stay with us! Thank you for your compliments on our comfortable rooms and incredible breakfast buffet at StraitsKitchen.

We'll definitely extend your warm and kind compliments to Amy and her team for their exemplary efforts in making your stay a great one.

We look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The spread has been upgraded since my last visit a few years back. Very good! The crab cakes used to be my fave, but I’ve got a new fave now! The amazing dark chocolate mousse bar was amazing! Kudos to Nick for exceptional service

Stayed: November 2018, traveled with friends

Dear gwenl486,

Thank you for paying a visit to our 10 Scotts lounge. We're so happy to hear of your pleasant dining experience during your time at our restaurant.

We will certainly be sharing your kind compliments to both the culinary and service team of 10 Scotts, especially to Nicholas for his exemplary service.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.