“A must for Sushi lover”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Core
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

One of the finest Omakase in Singapore my wife said that. Located in the ground floor, same as lobby of the Carlton Hotel, it provides both private room as well as share table over the counter where the Chef prepare each and every bite of your sushi & Sashimi. My wife ordered a small set, 15 pieces, Omakase cost $ (Singaporian) 220 cuz she's a small lady. The Chef was very kind to cutdown the size of rice in each sahimi underneath the superb and fresh various kind of fish such as Uni, Akami,O Toro, Ama-E bi, Shima-Aji, and others which we did not know the exact Japanese name. My wife told Chef that she loves white-meat-fish and he tried to give her more so. The meal was superb and worth the price. Strongly recommended if you are sushi lover. Will definitely come back !

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I came here with my friend and i love this place because of food and service. Everything here was superb. I will come back with my family next time.Thanks you everything. Highly recommend if you need sushi in Singapore.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

On a recent visit through Singapore and a birthday treat for a local, I and a friend dined at Shinji by Kanesaka at the Carlton Hotel.
The atmosphere was lively yet relaxing.
The restaurant had separate rooms for group.
We shared a section with 4 other couples.
We chose the mixed sashimi and sushi menu, fixed price around $300 per head plus a small Sake recommended by the host.
The food was sublime.
It was prepared for us by the master's chef in front of us.
Every dish was an explosion of flavour, singing of the sea.
The sea urchin roe was unctuous and luscious, washed down with the light and fragrant Sake.
A superb night and fit for a special occasion.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Amazing experience. I have never had such a great japanese dinner. To celebrate this excellent meal, I have a photo of me as a Sumo fighter and my wife as a fish but I will spare you that. Many thanks to the great team at Shinji by Kaneska

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We came here because it's located inside St Regis where we stayed. Our friends already told us this is one of the best Japenese restaurants in Singapore. We sat at the sushi counter facing our chef. We then ordered one Omakase & one sushi lunch with a bottle of sake recommended by the chef. Everything was so perfect with delicious food. The sashimi & sushi were all very fresh. I love the dessert which was a rice cracker shell with green tea ice cream, Very comfortable atmosphere & the guests including us just focused on the food well prepared by our chefs. It's pricey but we got what we paid for: quality food, excellent chef, perfect service and nice/quiet ambience.