“Awesome food,ambience,and staff!!”

Le Bistrot du Sommelier
Ranked #538 of 13,627 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bras Basah
Description: Le Bistrot du Sommelier is an informal, authentic French restaurant where the wines are in the spotlight with the food menu carefully planned to accentuate the wines, all this to provide a most charming, gustatory experience. You will be welcomed most warmly by our staff, who are all well equipped to assist you in planning your menu.
Reviewed 11 April 2021

Went here for a bday dinner.
Sat upstairs for some excellent Charcuterie including Pate,anchovies,Cod,with fantastic bread. Plus some great wines, ( the Bordeaux white was fantastic ).

then popped downstairs for dinner.
Beef ,Lamb,Lobyter with Octopus and Risotto,potato smash,puree,salad,all fantastic. One of the best meals in ages.
Wonderful staff also.
Beautiful restaurant with great food and staff.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (273)

Reviewed 8 March 2021

The staff was very helpful as this was the first time having french food. The wait staff was very patient in explaining to us what the menu item meant and in giving us recommendations based on our diet.

Also, loved the effort they put into writing a happy birthday message for my girlfriend as per my request :)

In terms of food, the food was flavorful and rich, and the meat were all soft. Would love to come back again!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 2 March 2021

utterly disappointed and alienated by the wait staff. dishes were thrown haphazardly on the table and even collected back at some point? there are better ways to spend 200 dollars than on 2 mains, 2 platters, and 2 very stingy portions of wines, and HOSTILE service. must remark that NO wine recommendation was made to us. in fact, the staff tried to upsell us to the huge beef platter when we already told her we wanted to eat individual dishes especially when I was ordering my onglet steak. VERY noisy atmosphere. chestnut paste did not go with the duck canard at all. she threw us our receipt using one hand at the end of our dining session.

rare that I would actively DIS-recommend others from coming to a restaurant. in this case YES.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 25 January 2021

First, we waited outside for awhile to be seated even though we made reservations. Then 2 other parties came and she sat all of us at the same time. BUT she gave menus and poured water for the other tables and we still have not gotten our menu. Mind you, we were patiently waiting outside, were never rude and just said hi and quoted out reservation number. In addition, she forgot our desserts order even though we placed an order from the very beginning when she was taking our order. But then a nice gentlemen came and helped us with our dessert order. Food was overall well balanced in taste and no one ingredient was over powering which is nice. The appetizer were appetizing (for lack of better words). We ordered a soup and escargots. Thought the escargots came after the main meal was served, it tasted ok..nothing unusual or special. We ordered two mains, beef tartare and roast chick and finished off with a indulgent chocolatey dessert. My husband had a glass of wine and I didn't as I am 6 months pregnant. Will I go back again? Probably not. I'm not a fan of paying for pain.

Date of visit: January 2021
Review collected in partnership with www.chope.co
1  Thank carrielimgk
Reviewed 17 December 2020

Le Bistrot du Sommelier has never disappointed me whenever I visit. Good, robust, quality French food every time.

Date of visit: December 2020