“Good italian”

Ranked #1,101 of 12,616 Restaurants in Singapore
Neighborhood: The Quays
Neighborhood: The Quays
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

We had lunch at this place and found it very good. The food was great and service was efficient. We will come back here on our next visit to Singapore .

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Very nice afternoon cigar moment. Owner Simon was there and explained their extensive cigar offer of their walking humidor, probably one of the very best I have seen in Asia. Simon is very passionate and knowledgeable about his products and nicely transfer the passion. This is what cigar is all about: sharing and passion with genuineness and tranquility.
I have passed a fantastic moment with enjoyable cigar, tasteful coffee and a great person. All that finished with a nice Italian gelato (reminding me of the one I had during my last holidays in Sicily! :-)).
Bravo Simon. Thanks for all that.
See you soon. Definitely.

1  Thank didierhouvenaghel
Reviewed 13 September 2016

This is a long overdue review... but finally I got to write this.

I just moved a few months back in this area and I must say that the first reason why I came to that place was for the coffee...
Yes a proper Italian style espresso... You know ? The actual proper blend of arabica and robusta... alchemy percolating the outstanding flavours... Not talking about that "get a life you hipster" coffee... I am talking about genesis... The stuff that put you on a good mood basically.
Then to my great surprise the guys behind that establishment not only they know about coffee but Gelato comes in the mix ! Yes Gelato... the low fat yummy milky 11am to 11pm snack that anyone would drive miles to get... happens to be downstairs my house !

You are not even at the "plat de resistance...yet"... Forget the coffee, forget the Gelato... This is my extended living room... They happen to have the largest collection of Cigars... I mean Cigars that you can actually smoke and enjoy at lunch and dinner. Not this dry, overpriced, plucked, taste ridden Cuban Cigar... I am talking creamy, full, soft and constructed to deliver a pleasant draw all day long... Yes I am talking of Non-Cuban cigars. This guys really know their stuff. Not in Tokyo, Not in Hong-Kong ... This little tiny Italian Oasis in the middle of no where has "The Largest Collection Of Non Cuban Cigars"... So Aficionados, wait no longer... look no further... Oh and wait until you get to talk to the owner. So my take was just to nod at all he said because basically he seems to have written the manual of Cigars. Not only his knowledge was mind numbing but his advices where only better and betterer each time I go there. So if you're lucky spot the tall Chinese sleek with glasses. He will drive your craving for a good cigar just the way you like it !

So... this is one piece of resitance huh... well wait... have I spoken about the Pizza ? Yeah... Males have this thing for pizzas. As Bill Murray put it... If you are not Pizza I dont need you in my life ! I think that sums it Up. Coffee, Gelato, Pizza and Cigars... top it up with a proper Brunello and you got yourself the perfect day.

On that note I say Kudos to these guys.

....

Now the reason why I dont give them 5*

If i was going to give 5* no one will believe it !
Go there and make your judgement... and guaranteed... You will be back!

1  Thank Corona D
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

There isn't any cigar shop in Singapore that sells non cuban cigars with such a large selection. I'm impressed with the quality and the owner really knows his stuff. He knows how to recommend a perfect cigar for a perfect evening.
If you want to wind down to a perfect evening, visit Lucca's.

1  Thank Jeff L
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Small cosy restaurant, with plenty to choose from, lots of the diners were enjoying the lunch special. We opted for a la cart & meal was good. The spaghetti with chill garlic & prawns was great.

1  Thank StewyNT