“Expensive and medium food”
Review of Dos Mestizos

Dos Mestizos
Ranked #18 of 337 Restaurants in Boracay
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

As an Spanish, this restaurant didnt make me so happy. The food is not awful but not good. Absolutely not for the money we paid. Much more expensive than the rest of restaurants in Boracay and the food is just ok.
Also, we went for lunch and we were alone in the restaurant... This didn't help on getting the food fast...

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The service is very poor, the waitress didn’t smile once and had an attitude. Most of the dishes we wanted were not available (including their staple paella negra). However, the dishes we did have were good especially for a Spanish restaurant in the Philippines. They did not deliver one of our tapas but still tried to charge us. The service charge was ridiculous even for international standard & considering how poor the service was.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The atmosphere in the restaurant is friendly and nice. Staff are helpful and proactive. The menu is a mix of Spanish and fusion food. We liked all of the dishes we ordered. The price was also good so all in all, we'd recommend this place. If you want to escape the large groups of tourists that tend to decent on a restaurant all at once, this is definitely somewhere you should go.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

The restaurant offers a nice selection of tapas.
Wr liked some of the dishes .
I was in this restaurant for one night, and it was OK for us. Nothing special.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Had dinner at this place based on the recommendation from my hotel’s concierge. It is about 30 meters from the White Sands boardwalk, and seems that is enough to dissuade most people. Actually, any place not right on the walkway would not get the same foot traffic.

First the good parts: solid and delicious tapas variety. I had the squid relleno and baked oysters for appetizers. Then the baked fish with salsa berde as a main meal. These were all nicely prepared, look delicious, and were enjoyable. Interiors fairly decent. The not so good: I was solo and the hostess suggested the bar, which actually had no customers. As we walked there, the bartender frowned. Uh, really? All throughout the meal, the bartender had an expression with disdain and poor attitude. Perhaps because I was solo? I travel solo extensively and many restaurants, at least in North America or Europe, are ready and eager to handle solo travelers. Recent articles say that solo travelers now number more than a quarter all travelers, and thus was surprised with the attitude.

I had heard from other travelers that the food around Boracay can be iffy and possibly lead to gastronomical issues. The fact that the concierge at the luxury resort I was at recommended this place is a good thumbs up. My own experience, is that the food here is a worthwhile and safe diversion from our hotel or others on the boardwalk. The food is good, especially relative to the price. However, the service is deficient. And I think other reviews also harped on the service.

andrw123, Manager at Dos Mestizos, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We are happy you enjoyed our food and am sorry our service did not meet your expectations. We handle solo travelers often, sometimes they prefer to be left alone and at other times they prefer conversation and attention. We do our best to give each guest excellent service. The bartender in question has been talked to and strict disciplinary action will be taken. We hope you visit us again on your next visit, I highly suggest to dine with a group, Tapas is best enjoyed shared with friends! Buon provecho!