“Christmas Day 2017 still remembered everyday”
Review of Mama's Fish House

Mama's Fish House
Ranked #18 of 337 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: European, Filipino
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Christmas 2017 may have passed and it is only days since Easter Sunday. However my wife and I will never let the experience of a beautiful meal, hospitality and service on Christmas day 2017 at Mama's Fish House.

My wife and I were blessed with a gift of a meal and this was also the occasion of her birthday. The food was very tasteful. Ingrdients and combinations of food used well. I would love seconds but it is a pity this restaurant is not on our doorstep. I guess we will have to revisit Borocay again where I can ensure the restaurant we will give them repeated business. We will recommend this to family, friends, strangers and all those reading this comment.

Finally thank you to Sabine, the management and staff of Mama's Fish House for your very warm welcome, hospitality and service. First impressions always last and this one we were extremelly impressed. Especially on Christmas Day where you should be celebrating with your own families a highly recommended service with an intentional smile was provided for holidaymakers or those from the local community or island to ensure they had a satisfied meal

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had high hopes based on TA reviews but were quite disappointed with Mama’s Fish House. Food and drinks were good but not spectacular. View of Diniwid Beach was nice but the swimming pool next to the dining area adds some noise to an otherwise ideal setting. Service was simply terrible. Drinks took forever to arrive. Six out of eight in our party got our food within a ten minute period which is something we’ve become accustomed to living in Asia. My daughter ordered an appetizer for dinner which arrived about 15 minutes later (about the time the rest of us were finishing) and when we asked about the last dish we were told it hadn’t even been started yet. To make matters worse, they then brought the wrong dish. Although the manager was apologetic, comped the dish and even gave us a complimentary bottle of wine, it really never felt like anyone cared that the overall dining experience sucked. Really poor customer service fundamentals - just look at the table and you’ll see something is missing! We’ll go elsewhere for the rest of our stay in beautiful Boracay.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I never thought that this restaurant can serve excellent food. Among my favorites are calamares, pasta marinara, pork bagnet, gambas, fried chichen wing and D best MARGARITAS! Good ambience and I just love their service. table setting is so classy. This place is highly recommended.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

I have been to Boracay many times, but this is the first I visit Mama's Fish House. The food was so good that I actually had to visit it twice. First about the atmosphere. The location is amazing. right on the beach. Perfect if you come in before sunset. The food was spectacular. We came as a group both times so we got to share and sample many dishes. For an appetizer make sure you try Chili Pepper Calamares. you might have to order two. and for the Dishes i Love. Grilled prawns was so good we did order it twice. from the grill also make sure you try the Grilled Red Snapper. juicy and cooked just right.

another favorte which we ordered both times is the shripm lemon peper pasta. this dish you are sure to fight over.

Overall it was a great experience and I will definatly visit it again on my next visit.

Reviewed March 4, 2018

This place is out of town and requires a tuk tuk ride but is a nice get away from the cheap eats and westernized bland food at the beach