“1 pancake for 2 people is ok”

The Sunny Side Cafe
Ranked #5 of 337 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 April 2018

We ordered 2 pancakes since we are only two then when it was already served we were shocked that it was really that huge, together with the pancakes, we ordered an iced coffee however it was not what we really expect, it was only in a stout glass and I think they should improve more on how their guest can make their coffee more tasty by adding some condiments on the table. But staff wise, they are kind :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

The food in this place is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
If you're un this area, make sure you that you come here and eat epic food.
The reviews gave it a big hype, and this place lives up to it.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

This is my favourite restaurant so far on my 2 month travels across Asia. I came here for breakfast twice whilst in Boracay as it was just down from my hotel. It definitely lives up to the good reviews! I had the mango and bacon grilled sandwich and the apple crunch pancakes. Food is amazing. Staff are lovely and they have free WiFi. A must visit if you are in Boracay!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

This cafe seems included in many must-try places in Boracay, so I had to come. I came here with my mom on a rainy morning. The place was packed with people, and tables were too close to each other. The area was very small, and I hope they'd expand because there are a lot of people coming in. Sometime during our meal, I felt like we should hurry because there weren't enough tables for people who come in the cafe. I specifically came to try a particular dish (forgot the name) which I saw on Instagram a few weeks back before our trip. However it was unavailable, and they only have this seasonal. So I ordered the traditional Ube Champorado, and my mom ordered the best-selling mango puree cream cheese pancake (I don't know if that's the correct name). The lady told us that those were few of their best sellers. And I must say, their food gave justice to their constant appearance in the 'list of must-try places.' The pancakes were huge, like the size of a regular plate; and the Champorado was so delicious, it's like tasting Champorado for the first time. We weren't able to finish it all, so we had it for take-out. We had to pay a small fee for them to place the pancakes in a paper box which was a good thing because we microwaved it for like four times until it was entirely consumed. The serving was that big.

I like that their staff is very attentive and quite a lot, actually. You can literally raise your hand up for something and all of them will look at you as if all of them will come right at you.

I hope rehabilitation in Boracay goes well and I'll be able to come back to this cafe.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Sunny Side became our favorite breakfast spot. Amazing menu with beautiful fresh produce. The chia seed pudding, overnight oats with chia, bacon and eggs 24 hour cold drip coffee and fresh fruit smoothies were amongst our favorites.
Definitely worth checking out if you’re after fresh breakfast. Service was always great too.
Lucy & Adam