Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
SAVE US$22
Hotels.comUS$81
Booking.comUS$88
Expedia.comUS$81
All reviews buffet breakfast visit boracay boat station cable tv beach island vendors guard transfer trike sir
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 December 2020

This resort really offers great value. Excellent location at a quiet part of white beach in station 1. Staff are courteous and super helpful. The bed and pillows are super comfy too. Will def stay here next time I visit.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2020

Location is great on Station 1, the beach is amazing and on a quieter part of the beach, the hotel though is just alright. The room is looking abit tired and dated now and needs some TLC. We stayed 5 nights and had problems with ants on the headboard and bed on 2 occasions.

Breakfast was poor with limited vegetarian options, and flies on the fruit.

Ate in the restaurant only once as the food was poor. Ordered the fish which was overcooked and overpriced. Go the the Pig Out restaurant instead.

If you have access issues, be warned the stairs up to the rooms are very steep.

If you want a cheap stay on the beach then this could be for you. If you want a bit more luxury then you might want to stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank BLlimited
Reviewed 1 March 2020

Sur is my go to place to stay, for happy hour and quiet time while getting a tan. I keep coming back for the familiarity and homey feel. It’s a place where I know I’m safe and even my things- when i need to have them move them to another room.
Since I consider them good friends or trusted ones (for a place to stay), I’d compliment them for all that’s improved (which I think is important and they deserve it), since I started staying 20years ago, and I constructively say what can be improved.
They clean the rooms early, done after having breakfast, courteous greetings every time and warm people in general.
Since I love sunbathing at the hottest time of the day (at least in Feb), I love that water with ice in a goblet is served on your side table. Little things like those matter a lot for me. So until then, Sur! More power.:)

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2020

*Woke up with nasty bug bites from not sure where, although our activities were confined to the hotel bedroom, cabanas, and beach front.

*We sent back undercooked chicken that still had blood in it. Instead of replacing the chicken, they re-cooked it and served it back looking like it was when we dissected it, bite marks intact.

*The water in the shower has to run at least 10 minutes to turn warm. Then it's suddenly too hot, so you'll have turn it off and wait again for it to go warm.

*No cell reception. Even their free wifi is spotty --if you can even locate the signal.

*Stains on the bathroom floors and walls. Pack shower slippers!

*One day we were allowed to eat outside food in the cabanas. The staff even served us cutleries and drinks. The next day, we invited a group to have lunch with us in Sur. We brought in one extra dish from outside and suddenly three staff members were on us saying that we can’t have it there. Three people! We did not even get the chance to open the dish. They wanted us to eat it in the room, while our friends were having lunch in the restaurant downstairs!

*The path to the restaurant was super slippery. We saw at least two people slip and no staff apologized when a guest called it out.

*A breakfast inclusion was advertised in the booking app where we booked three nights. We have an early flight on our last day there and will not be able to avail of the breakfast. We wrote ahead to ask if we can take breakfast on our first day instead (like we’ve done during at least 10 previous stays in Boracay). A person who refused to identify his or herself wrote to us that we cannot avail of the breakfast inclusion the way we want it, because it’s “not part of the rate,” because “it’s complimentary.”

BTW, "complimentary breakfast" is what every other hotel calls a breakfast inclusion, although other hotels will extend the courtesy of letting you consume your meal in advance or at least pack you a meal to-go, instead of watching you miss it altogether.

*Sensing bad service from the way Sur staff responded, we asked to cancel at least the succeeding nights of our stay, even if the arrangement with the booking app does not allow refunds. We explained our issues to the app people and they agreed to cancel and refund the succeeding nights, only if Sur will allow it, which of course it does not.

We tried very hard to enjoy our stay, to make the most of it, to forget the inclusions. But between the bug bites and bad service, it was impossible. Definitely our last stay here and we’ve warned all our friends.

Room tip: Book a room in other hotels in Boracay, such as Jony's Beach Resort.
Reviewed 7 February 2020

Affordable Boat Station 1 beachfront hotel. Outstanding housekeeping services always greeting you with a smile. Rooms are renovated with a few hiccups. When we checked in, our sliding glass door to the balcony wouldnt open but was attended to promptly. Drainage inside the shower room needs to be pumped to prevent spillage too but was attended right away. Thank you for taking care of us and making our stay a memorable one.

Room tip: Beachfront room on the second floor are great but could be noisy on weekends if there are guest at the bar.
1  Thank rufousn