Lowest prices for your stay
US$36
Free cancellation until 07/03/21
Hotels.comUS$50
Agoda.comUS$32
Expedia.comUS$50
All reviews swimming pool minute walk white beach average hotel breakfast buffet station staycation shore
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Looks good from the outside, but inside it is no more than a average at best. Dated rooms, limited electrical connections and the wifi? Well, everything logged on initially, but then moments later disconnected, but kept on telling you that you were still connected! 2 x trips to reception where they take the IP address and then log you in with the room sub address to get it put right.

This was done efficiently and without fuss, but seemed to be to be accepted as pretty much a usual thing. If it is, then why not make a point of letting people know of:

a) There is an issue.

b) What needs to be done to solve it.

Alternately sort the issue out with the Hotel Wifi system so it ISN'T an issue.

Breakfast was ok (not sure why the urns aren't kept heated, though).

Rooms basic but functional.

Staff friendly and welcoming.

Lot of noisy building work going on.

I guess you can't blame the Hotel for their guests, but you get fed up with screaming kids running up and down the corridor and people talking and laughing loudly at all hours of the day and night. You can't control the guests, but perhaps some better sound insulation might be in order?

Unlikely to back in Boracay for a long time, but there is a lot of hotel competition around when I do.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 9 January 2020 via mobile

So first let me say the staff (most) where fantastic, room was as expected clean and well looked after. We arrived Sunday @ 3.00pm to be told the bar by the pool would not open due to lack of staff. Went to bar inside told no sir no SAN Miguel cold but I do have 2 bottles warm if you like that. No thank you asked for bourbon ( Jim Beam) barman said what’s that.
Monday, bar due to open by pool at 2.00pm no sir sorry not till later, what time? When staff arrives, 5.30 Arrives still no SAN Mig or idea what Jim Beam or JD is,
Tuesday 4.30 bar opens yeh 8x SAN Miguel oh sorry sir frozen. Jim Beam ?? No sir but we have Jonny Walker,
Wednesday at last service cold beer .
Breakfasts
Ok if you like cold scrambled egg, cold fried eggs, cold bacon , Sausages, etc then go for it but as a chef I like hit food served hot, not cold from chafing dishes with no heat beneath.
In summary food crap, bars worse, staff awesome but kitchen staff need replacing otherwise this place will loose business real fast.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 31 December 2019

In this review, I will NOT talk about the inconveniences brought by typhoon Ursula to the hotel and to the whole of Boracay.

I will talk about personal inconveniences brought by Boracay Holiday Hotel's management and policies. Hopefully this will help you decide whether to check-in or not.

My mother and I availed of deluxe rooms. Because it's peak season, we were asked to pay 5k per night for 2 nights.

- The hotel doesn't provide any slippers at all. (No Beach slippers or bedroom slippers)
- Incomplete amenities. No toothbrush and toothpaste, comb or hairdryer. (Even cheap hotels in Manila can offer them)
-- and the worst-- FAVORITISM towards foreigners.

This one's so heartbreaking. Beach Towels are favored towards Foreigners. Only 1 beach towel was given to my mom and me.

But I noticed how they freely provide towels to foreigners. I tried to call their attention about the towels, and the management and staff have not been very helpful about alternatives or have not been accommodating about this simple matter at all.

Overall, their services are not worth the price. Rooms are already old and lousy, mattresses are hard etc
I don't recommend staying at this hotel unless they improve on their management.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 14 December 2019 via mobile

I decided to extend my trip in Boracay and went from Luxx Boutique to BHR. I was initially checked in a tiny twin bed room and could not even lie down comfortably without falling out of the bed. Room was so small I couldn’t even find a place on the floor to do push-ups.

Second night I asked to be upgraded to a full/queen/king size bed and got a free upgrade to “Deluxe”, which was much bigger but the mattress was super firm to lie on.

Breakfast was mediocre. I’d advise have a breakfast somewhere on the beach instead.

It’s a 5 minute walk to the beach.

All in all I think you can get a better hotel for similar price.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2019

The resort was clean. The internet sucks,even at the lobby. The aircon in our room is not cold even if you adjust it. There's a lot of ant on the sink on our bathroom. Food was ok, good variety! even the drinks.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeefYakiniku028