“"Famous Hampstead Crab" -- just as advertised!”

8H Bistro & Cigar Lounge
Ranked #240 of 324 Restaurants in Boracay
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Filipino
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Description: The 8H Bistro is located on the ground floor of Hampstead Boutique Hotel. Open from 7 AM to 11PM, 7 days a week. Guest complimentary Continental Breakfast is served daily while the a la carte menu offers many choices from local fare to international cuisine. Chef Fernado Gasatan's signature Crab dishes are known well on the island, enjoy them on Wednesday's and receive 25% off! The Bistro boasts a separate Single Malt & Cigar lounge, replete with all the rituals and accouterments reminiscent of the old-world refinements. Top of the H roof-top bar also serves the 8H Bistro menu, with spectacular views of Whitebeach. Enjoy Happy Hour daily, with 'buy one take one' as well as reduced prices on supreme brands. Come visit us in Balabag Plaza behind Holy Rosary Church! You will be pleasantly surprised at the level of service and ambiance available on Boracay Island! Cheers!
Reviewed March 20, 2017

I'm not a huge fan of crab. I find it too tedious to eat. But I would order Chili Crab during my trips to Singapore since I at the very least appreciate the sauce that goes with it. Nothing like mantou dipped in Chili Crab sauce! I'm staying in Hampstead Boutique Hotel and in the walk up to the property, we've been spotting signs advertising the crab dishes of The Hampstead's in-house restaurant. We decided to stay in for dinner one night and ordered their Chili Crab and Red Curry Prawns. With Aligue Rice too (of course).

For someone who's had several versions of Singaporean Chili Crab, I think Hampstead's crab deserves all the hoopla. And I must say I enjoyed their version just as much, if not more. They let you pick your preferred crab from a live selection, and the way ours was cooked -- the meat was juicy, succulent, and easy to pick off the claws! Don't expect this to taste like Singaporean Chili Crab, their sauce has an entirely different flavor profile. Still wonderful though. I would have this again!

We ordered the Chili Crab, Prawns in Red Curry and Aligue Rice and that amounted to some Php 1500 including service charge. (The prawns were delicious too, by the way!) Money well spent for an excellent meal.

Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

Arrived and didn't have any cigars. Complete waste of time. Took the staff a good 15 minutes to inform me that I was waiting in vain.

Reviewed October 5, 2014

If you craving to eat crabs you might consider trying this place, relax with a beautiful rooftop view! It is one of the nice and diffrent style of cooking crabs i have experienced. You can choose different type of cooking, I had my dinner there for two nights....The price is reasonable and they have good attentive staff serving you. One of the night they have happy hours{ Beer is one to Beer). Well, the crabs might be little big salty to me but with beer is fine....But i will only ask them to add some sugars in it ....and tasted really nice and I must say their "CRABS IS REALLY FRESH" .....Thanks to the Chef you did it well but just that i m little picky on food. Not forgetting other food on the menu is really good as well. Nice ambiance and away from the crowds. Overall "Great"....:XD

3  Thank Mary L
Reviewed September 12, 2014

very nice and lovely design...clean and well-arranged ..... very good menu... the most delicious crab i ever eat... hospitality staff.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

After a week in Boracay, we realize the food on this island is quite bad. 8H was the first restaurant we tried (since we were staying at the hotel) and, after trying many different restaurants, we conclude that 8H was really one of the best on this island. We only had one meal there excluding the complimentary breakfast. The staff was friendly and it's a nice quiet place to relax.