Lowest prices for your stay
$60
$74
Agoda.com
$55
Hotels.com$74
Priceline$82
Destinia.com$90
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2019 via mobile

Tired from a 7-step procedure having arrived at Caticlan by air, & from walking briskly for 10 min. from the main road to the hotel, our party of six adults was welcomed by Sheena, the front desk lady who promptly cheerfully checked us in a couple of hours early & even upgraded us to rooms that open to the pool. She also handed us one Php500 gift voucher per room for the Paraiso Grill. We were given refreshing chilled mango drinks, shell necklaces & cold moist towels- a truly wonderful touch. Sheena made our day. That’s Filipino hospitality. Tiptop service with a smile.

As soon as we got to our room, the safe wasn’t working & the sliding door to the pool failed to latch properly. We had rooms next to each other & were given extra towels on request- simple things another hotel in Boracay refused us so I fired them & went with Boracay Uptown. In 5 min., the maintenance guy came & fixed our concerns but we were leery of the safe box so we never used it. In 10 minutes, the housekeeping lady delivered our extra towels & hair dryer. Wifi was available in our rooms & in public areas. It was so slow that oftentimes, photos failed to download.

The room was big enough for several people. We had two queen beds. There was a rainshower in the bathroom. I would have wanted a handheld wand as well. They also had toiletries. The water drained properly in the bathroom.

The pool consisted of a shallower kiddie pool & a deeper adult pool (not that deep), well maintained with chlorine & no floaters. It was protected by a roof so one can swim safely even during a rain. There were lounge chairs & tables close by. When we opened our patio door, we had direct pool access. We swam in the evening though the water was quite cold. The front desk had towels for pool use. There was a bar near the pool.

Breakfast on the 5th floor was a sumptous buffet from six to ten. They have an egg station, fruit juices, bread, tropical fruit slices, hot beverages & an array of warm rice (fried & steamed) & Asian dishes. The place was kept in tiptop shape by several waiters who filled my water glass several times & promptly too, like in a cruise ship.

The evening entertainment by the Lobster Grill next to the beach was great. There was a guitarist who performed nightly from seven to nine. He had a soothing voice that pulled in tourists walking by. His awesome guitar skills and voice were relaxing after a day’s beach activities. You’ll see him in my photos. They had a tower drink that was fun to watch. They also served other drinks & food- even a regular dinner. A rock band performed after him- not my cup of tea so off we went.

The hotel is right by the beach. Take a few steps & you are in the midst of Station 2- the activity center of Boracay Beach. There are many restaurants, shops, massage places, etc. just a few steps away. Of course, there’s D’Mall, too.

I recommend this hotel by the beach. If we were to go back to Boracay, we’d most definitely stay here again- Boracay Uptown, the hotel that serves customers with a smile.

Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank SisaOne
Reviewed October 13, 2019 via mobile

This is an outdated old style hotel that needs badly refurbishment and some time spent to get it up to the standards you would expect for a expensive hotel. The hotel does not cater for western tourists don’t bother staying here if you western. Staff unfriendly lack of care and the rooms hygiene is poor and maintenance needed to lots of broken things.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank 86JRB
Reviewed August 10, 2019

We stayed here this august (recently) in their executive suite, this room had a wonderful veranda where you can overlook the beach from the outside. All Staffs are very courteous and approachable. The only problem we experienced throughout our trip is the weather. We can’t go out due to heavy rains and strong winds. But in total we had so much fun and memorable experience.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2019

We had the worst stay ever at this hotel, would definitely not go back and not recommend! This is the first time I booked a hotel that isn’t homey (but pricey). I also want to mention those 2 girls at the front desk during our check-in, which happened last Aug. 4, 2019. They were gossiping obviously about us because I have 2 guests with me who stayed in another hotel. They treated us as if we have no money when in fact I already paid our whole stay before we went to Bora. If they do not want guests they should’ve informed us, but they told us that we could bring in some guests until 9pm (not knowing that this would include gossiping about us). Also, they keep on calling my attention with the little-st thing we did like going in and out of the second gate but they told us that we could use that, doesn’t make any sense right? Lastly, they charged us to pay an extra person for 3 days WITHOUT INFORMING US prior to check out so that we’ll have no choice but to pay or else we will miss out our flight. WORST SERVICE EXPERIENCE EVER! I could not even imagine that this will happen to a local trip. Our supposed staycation were ruined!

Date of stay: August 2019
3  Thank amnb13
Reviewed June 18, 2019 via mobile

One rotten apple spoils the bunch. Staff were generally courteous except for one lady. Too bad, that’s what I will remember the most.

On the hotel itself, for a fairly new hotel, the drain was not perfectly working. You have to make some adjustments to make sure the washbasin doesn’t overflow. The WiFi is not working inside the room, even just on the ground floor. You have to ask for the amenities, and when it comes, it’s not given for the number of guests that you have. Saw a similar comment. I guess the word improvement does not mean anything for them

Date of stay: June 2019