“Awesome Open Water Dive Course”
Review of White Beach Divers

White Beach Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: An exclusive PADI 5 star boutique diving center offering all PADI courses together with Guided Fun Diving. Located at the quiet and chic end of Boracay's main White Beach approximately 5 minutes walk from the Boat Station 3 area of the island. . We offer an Exclusive 5 star, personal, friendly, flexible and fun experience with an excellent reputation for customer service and safe diving. Daily diving and courses all year round with most dives sites within 15 mins of the dive center.
Reviewed 16 April 2017

My husband and I completed our Open Water Diving Course over 3 days at White Beach Divers. Paul and Bev were great in the lead-up, helping us to complete all our theory learning online prior to arriving. The course had confined skills in the shallow waters of White Beach and 4 awesome dives at local reefs. Our instructor, Bev, was extremely helpful and was willing to go over things again if we wanted. We feel confident to face the open waters again soon!

Paul L, General Manager at White Beach Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Thank you Emily and Tim, it was a pleasure to have you as our guests and giving us the opportunity to introduce you both to the scuba diving community.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"cheers"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Guided by 2 passionate divers, Paul and bev. I dive in 7 or 8 countries, it's my first experience where the dive is planned according to your abilities and requests. My yapak dive is the most memorable. It's just me and Paul in yapak and our only compass broke down in the dive. Compass is extremely important for yapak since a quick descend to 30m is required before the current swept us away. He is the only guide that I trusted to do the dive in yapak(without a compass)! And we did it successfully!

1  Thank yeo z

Thank you im so pleased you had some great dives with us. Hopefully next time we will get to see the sharks at yapak.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed with two other friends for 2nights after being on Boracay for 6mights before.
Perfect un spoilt Island to relax for a few days. Only 45min by boat from station one in Boracay by boat for 100pasos.
Owners were very welcoming and helpful to our friend who had injured herself. Rooms were basic but very clean and nice towels.
Great quality home cooked fresh food and nice hammock areas for relaxing in the evenings. Hired kayaks which we would highly recommend to see a bit more of the island.
It's truly paradise!

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Looking for a boutique experience on diving? this is your place. The team is well experience and they are flexible to your needs. Strongly recommend.

2  Thank Tomas P

Thank you Thomas, we try to make everyones experience special. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Boracay was our last island to visit on our honeymoon last week. We heard about the beautiful beaches and waters and the different stations along the beach but I was not aware of how incredibly popular this destination is. My husband thankfully had done some reading and knew that Station 3 was the quietest area to stay so he booked us a hotel there - thank goodness! Not only were there a billion people in the restaurants and hotels of station 1 and 2 but they were also teeming in and out of the dive shops there! The majority of people diving around Boracay are doing discovery dives (aka, trying it for the first time) so they are disorganized and there are hundreds of them! The dive shops in Station 2 know this so they would fill their big boats with dozens of these newbies multiple times per day and drop them in the water off the coast - from what we could see it was complete chaos.

We wanted nothing to do with these operations so we stayed down in Station 3 and luckily found White Beach Divers there. The shop is off the main walkway so not everyone strolling around can find it. You kind of have to want to so luckily there approach for each person that walks in is very personal and pleasant. I had just finished my open water dives (and got my PADI certification) on Palawan 3 days earlier so my skills were nice and fresh but I was also new to the activity. My husband is an advanced diver with 50 dives under his belt. The guides at White Beach took us to the spots that best suited both our needs: Balanghai Wall and Angol Rock.

There was only myself, my husband, and our guide Lu on the first 2 dives and we took a teeny little zodiac out to the spots - carefully driven by Jeffery (I think). We dropped in and spent almost an hour under on both dives that day. The fish and corals we saw were amazing and the water was so clear! I could have stayed under there all day exploring. Lu was great underwater too helping me out with a mask issue I had and her ques were very easy to understand. Back at the shop it was more hands one too (which I like) where the ask you to rinse and hang your gear and help with dismantling your BCD. We brought our own wet suits and masks which they allowed us to leave at the shop to dry too as we were coming back 2 days from then for another dive.

Our third and final dive of the trip looked to be just like the first two (just me, my husband, Lu, and Jeffery) but at the last moment another guy joined us. Sounds like he had said he was going to dive 3 times before but never showed up as he was always too hungover/already drinking. He did show up for our however and at first it sounded like it was going to be fine because he used to dive a lot. This unfortunately was not the case. He was in dire need of a refresher course and it sounds like White Beach Divers had tried to insist he do this before joining a group be he had declined. all 4 of us went down together to another gorgeous spot (Friday's Reef) and it was clear right away that he had no idea what he was doing. Not buoyancy control, so he was kicking the bottom marine life and stirring up silt, and also no air control. He blew through 150 Bar in 20 minutes forcing us all to head up. Even after my husband, Lu, and I did our 3 minute safety stop (the other guy couldn't control himself enough to do it) we surfaced with 120 Bar left in our tanks = at least another 25 mins of dive time.

This was an unfortunate way to spend out last dive in the Philippines and, although White Beach Divers tried to persuade this other guy to take a refresher first, I wish they had made it mandatory as he ruined it for us. We paid full price for essentially only half a dive and I was actually quite nervous being at depth with this guy because he was so out of control.

Besides this one incident however, White Beach Divers was awesome. I highly recommend them if you are wanting to complete any of your PADI certification as the instructors are great and it is very one-on-one. I also recommend them for fun dives like ours as the majority of the time it felt like it was just me, my husband, our guide and the fishes down there. So peaceful and wonderful!

1  Thank Sophia C