Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best dive shop on Boracay

Took my Padi advanced open water there in Feb of 98. Steve was an excellent instructor and Jasper... read more

Reviewed November 26, 2023
Kelly B
Best diving center in Boracay

I did PADI open water certification with White Beach Divers and it was an amazing experience. It is... read more

Reviewed March 28, 2018
Aliya B
Almaty, Kazakhstan

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

Looking for a boutique experience on diving? this is your place. The team is well experience and they are flexible to your needs. Strongly recommend.

Date of experience: March 2017
2  Thank tomasp951
Paul L, General Manager at White Beach Divers, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Thank you Thomas, we try to make everyones experience special. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us.
Paul

Reviewed March 2, 2017

Boracay was our last island to visit on our honeymoon last week. We heard about the beautiful beaches and waters and the different stations along the beach but I was not aware of how incredibly popular this destination is. My husband thankfully had done some reading and knew that Station 3 was the quietest area to stay so he booked us a hotel there - thank goodness! Not only were there a billion people in the restaurants and hotels of station 1 and 2 but they were also teeming in and out of the dive shops there! The majority of people diving around Boracay are doing discovery dives (aka, trying it for the first time) so they are disorganized and there are hundreds of them! The dive shops in Station 2 know this so they would fill their big boats with dozens of these newbies multiple times per day and drop them in the water off the coast - from what we could see it was complete chaos.

We wanted nothing to do with these operations so we stayed down in Station 3 and luckily found White Beach Divers there. The shop is off the main walkway so not everyone strolling around can find it. You kind of have to want to so luckily there approach for each person that walks in is very personal and pleasant. I had just finished my open water dives (and got my PADI certification) on Palawan 3 days earlier so my skills were nice and fresh but I was also new to the activity. My husband is an advanced diver with 50 dives under his belt. The guides at White Beach took us to the spots that best suited both our needs: Balanghai Wall and Angol Rock.

There was only myself, my husband, and our guide Lu on the first 2 dives and we took a teeny little zodiac out to the spots - carefully driven by Jeffery (I think). We dropped in and spent almost an hour under on both dives that day. The fish and corals we saw were amazing and the water was so clear! I could have stayed under there all day exploring. Lu was great underwater too helping me out with a mask issue I had and her ques were very easy to understand. Back at the shop it was more hands one too (which I like) where the ask you to rinse and hang your gear and help with dismantling your BCD. We brought our own wet suits and masks which they allowed us to leave at the shop to dry too as we were coming back 2 days from then for another dive.

Our third and final dive of the trip looked to be just like the first two (just me, my husband, Lu, and Jeffery) but at the last moment another guy joined us. Sounds like he had said he was going to dive 3 times before but never showed up as he was always too hungover/already drinking. He did show up for our however and at first it sounded like it was going to be fine because he used to dive a lot. This unfortunately was not the case. He was in dire need of a refresher course and it sounds like White Beach Divers had tried to insist he do this before joining a group be he had declined. all 4 of us went down together to another gorgeous spot (Friday's Reef) and it was clear right away that he had no idea what he was doing. Not buoyancy control, so he was kicking the bottom marine life and stirring up silt, and also no air control. He blew through 150 Bar in 20 minutes forcing us all to head up. Even after my husband, Lu, and I did our 3 minute safety stop (the other guy couldn't control himself enough to do it) we surfaced with 120 Bar left in our tanks = at least another 25 mins of dive time.

This was an unfortunate way to spend out last dive in the Philippines and, although White Beach Divers tried to persuade this other guy to take a refresher first, I wish they had made it mandatory as he ruined it for us. We paid full price for essentially only half a dive and I was actually quite nervous being at depth with this guy because he was so out of control.

Besides this one incident however, White Beach Divers was awesome. I highly recommend them if you are wanting to complete any of your PADI certification as the instructors are great and it is very one-on-one. I also recommend them for fun dives like ours as the majority of the time it felt like it was just me, my husband, our guide and the fishes down there. So peaceful and wonderful!

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank SophiaC1577
Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

I have already made more than 200 dives throughout Asia and Egypt and I can say the crew at White Beach Divers are exceptional. I spent 5 days diving with them at many different dive spots. Excellent service with great attention to detail.
Thanks to Paul, Bev and Lu. I had a fantastic time and will be back next year.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

Professional and personal diving school, with exceptional customer service! You are diving with the instructor and yourselves, Bev is a brilliant diving instructor and helped my 15 and 17 year old understand fairly complicated instructions and information in a short space of time!!

Paul the owner, was also very helpful!!

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

Been lucky to do my open water with Paul and advanced SSI with Bev over the last few years here - nothing short of excellent! 👍😊Extremely professional and really care about your dive knowledge, safety, improvement and enjoyment! They also take a great deal interest in helping maintain the standards of diving in Boracay and the safety of the sites. And they love what they do - it filters down! Cheers to both of you - look forward to returning again soon! If you're looking for a big commercial dive centre, move on. If you're looking for the real thing - you found it! 😀cheers, Jason

Date of experience: January 2017