Crystal Sand Beach Resort
Hotel Metro(Kalibo)
US$24
US$23
TripAdvisor
HangOut Beach Resort(Malay)(Great Value!)
US$19
US$20
Agoda.com
US$28
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2015

We planned for our honeymoon trip. after we reached the kalibo airport we took rental van to the jetty. the ride along the way to jetty was so amazing. paddy field was so refreshing for eyes. but it was poor driving by the driver. it was so crowded in the jetty. but we manage to buy ticket. boat was worst nightmare because there is no life jacket was provided. even the boat was like world war II. from the jetty it took 20 mins to reach boracay island. we took tricycle to the hotel. tricycle man charged us around malaysian ringgit 10. good experience though. we never expect the beauty of the boracay beach. but it was like dream come true. the resort staff name negion was so nice. he gave us beach view resort. the view was spectacular. even though Crystal Sand Beach Resorts was average but can be considered it has everything. from the day we checking we enjoyed every moments! boracay people are so friendly. but the prices is slightly higher. its depends on how you bargain. the most unforgettable moment was sunset cruise. sunset is HEAVEN!!! last day on the honeymoon vacation we booked in crown regency resort. the worst thing is the good resort fail to provide good accommodation. no proper water tab was install inside the bathroom. by the way don't forget to try cliff diving and other water activity at boracay. you wont regret people!!!

Room Tip: beach view would be spectacular
1  Thank sivanantha
Reviewed 2 July 2015

Last March, My husband and I attended a wedding in Boracay where the reception is set on Station 1. I initially looked in Agoda within Station 1 and try to check the cheapest within the range (since we just went to Boracay 2 months ago) that has a good review and a breakfast package.

I then discovered Crystal Sands Resort, every time I go to Boracay I always see this place. So serene and quiet, where you can still see uncut coconut tree at the beachfront. I promised to myself that one day I'm going to sleep there. And I am glad that I did, we booked the hotel and much to our surprise upon checking in, one of the staff mentioned that they will be closed for renovation in 2 months time since the hotel was already been brought by Hennan Resorts.

The hotel was a bit old but it was fine. They welcomed us with free drink and they even assisted us to the room. I love the room, the location was just in front of the beach and has a nice sea view. The bed was big and can accommodate 4 persons. It has the usual closet, table, mirror, refrigerator and aircon (a bit old window type aircon). The bathroom is also big and has an adjustable hot/cold shower in it, and of course, my favorite bidet attached to the toilet.

The breakfast set menu was okay, they have a selection of Western, Filipino and Intercontinental meal. We took out breakfast in front of our hotel room which is really cool. They have this table just beside the walkway where people usually passes by. They also do have a beach chair in front where you can sunbath until 5pm only.

I am saddened that after 8-10 years the hotel will be brought down. I hope the new resort will be as nice and homey like Crystal Sands.

Reviewed 1 June 2015

Where to begin… this hotel is abysmal.

Firstly, my partner and I had purchased accommodation in mid-March 2015, for one night, the ONLY night we were staying on this beautiful island and they have absolutely ruined our trip and holiday. When we arrived at the hotel, we presented our printout of our voucher (which, by the way said on it that all we needed to do was present it and get our accommodation), which was apparently insufficient. The staff told us that we had to purchase the room from them, and then seek a refund from them once the travel website (Asia travel) had paid them! This argument went back and forth for roughly 2 hours.

The staff were extremely unhelpful and rude during this whole process. The girl at the reception desk would palm the issue off to the manager, who would palm it off to another worker, who would then palm it off to the original person at reception. This cycle continued, as they each took pathetic attempts to contact “their head office” as well as “the agency”- whilst the whole time me and my partner waited in agony as we were both very sick. No updates were given, even when we asked, during the entire process. This was in no way due to how busy the staff were, as they would have chats with each other and laugh and muck around and go back and forth between the reception and back office to chat. Eventually the issue was sorted out and they decided to give us a room once I had threatened them with a bad review on Trip Advisor.

Secondly, the staff service was terrible. The staff were rude and dismissive towards anything we requested/ complained about, and they proceeded to give us a room in the noisy part of the hotel (the front), even though we had requested numerous times for a room at the back of the hotel. Upon further inspection of those rooms, they appeared to be empty the night we stayed there, as well as being the same type of room we stayed in. Furthermore, simple requests for things such as towels went unheeded until my 2nd or 3rd request, which would often take upwards of 15 minutes to get, as there was rarely staff at the counter of reception to begin with.

Thirdly, they were completely unprofessional in the way the reacted to the initial issue of needing us to purchase a room and get a refund, continuing to badger me and my partner even after we had a room, as ‘they weren’t sure the agency would pay them’. They admitted to advertising their hotel on Asia-travel before, and they admitted that there had been no problems in the past regarding payment, which makes me question why there was such an issue regarding my particular booking. They would often speak in their native tongue whilst looking directly at me and my partner, both when dealing with the issue and any other times we would consult with them- often laughing. I don’t know what was said, but it was extremely offensive, and even after I raised the issue they continued on with it. They wouldn’t even let me speak to one of their representatives from headquarters to sort the issue out, refusing to even give me their number to call them myself.

Fourthly, the room was disgusting. The beds were hard. The air conditioning would constantly switch between being warm and cold without anyone touching it. The showers were lukewarm at most, and the stream from the showerhead was at best comparable to a tap. I cannot stress how cold and how little water came out from the showerhead, I could not believe this was something a “hotel” would offer as it would not even be acceptable in a $20/night motel. The toilet was tiny, and when sitting on it you would often have to leave the door open so you could actually fit your legs (I’m only 5’9” tall). Privacy is also a massive issue as people could also look directly into your room. The windows were right next to the footpath going through the hotel and the curtains which wouldn’t close fully provided no privacy as they were too small to actually cover the window.

I now not only have an incredibly bad experience with a hotel, but this experience has unfortunately left a bitter taste for Boracay for me and my partner. They have wasted the only day we had in Boracay and no apology or form of compensation was offered. For $180, we left determined to never return to Boracay. For anyone from management reading, I understand that this hotel was purchased by the Henann Regency hotel chain. I would seriously reconsider your affiliation with this hotel and having staff wearing ‘Henann’ work shirts around the premise as I believe this hotel is a huge liability and is already damaging your otherwise perfect reputation.

Feel free to contact me to address the above issues. I look forward to hearing from you.

Room Tip: Don't go, best tip I can give.
1  Thank Jkwzx
Reviewed 29 March 2015

Because they are going to be re-built into a 200-room hotel sometime mid of this year, I will have to save up and bring my family here before that.

My friends and I have come back almost every year for many years to Crystal Sand because of its perfect location in the island, the 24-hour security service, the yummy food, and the crew's unparalleled service, specially that of my "Manang" from Capiz in the housekeeping department. Trustworthy, keen and always anticipated our needs.

It is sad. I have always loved the way the hotel is structured - like home. Not a hotel building. But business has to keep up, I understand. I will miss it for sure.

Room Tip: "Rooms on the ground floor are the best."
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lloyd_Galo
Reviewed 14 March 2015

What a great place to stay!

We stayed at their only deluxe room with a giant balcony overlooking the beach. It was perfect.

The location of this place (and our room) made it feel like we were living on the beach, which is why we come to Boracay.

The kids really loved this place for the same reasons I loved this place which is why we will definitely try to book the same room when we come back to Boracay.

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled with family