“Swimming in Seafood”

Sababi
Ranked #154 of 326 Restaurants in Boracay
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 11, 2017

I was really excited to go to this place and I did. Its located between station 2 and station 1. You have to choose our sea food and then there are cooking hawkers who cook this for a reasonable price. I choose mussels lobster and 4 tiger prawns. My vendor for lobster and prawns asked for 2500 pesos and as I quietly walked away he asked me how much I wanna pay and I said 1500 and he said Yes instantly. I wonder if i would have said 1200 maybe he would have said yes to that also. The sea food is fresh and if you are nice to vendors they give you the fresh stuff.

Reviewed November 28, 2016

Please don't leave the island without going to Sababi to have lunch/ a hearty meal. The unique experience of shopping for fresh seafood at the wet market and having them cook for you is something you must try at least once.

We had a yummy array of food which included, but not limited to the following:
1. scallops
2. sinigang na maya-maya
3. liempo (not seafood but good!)
4. lobster - winner for this menu!!!
5. garlic shrimp
6. adobong pusit

I think we ordered a few other items but just writing about this is making my mouth water all over again. Will definitely be coming back to this place the next time I'm on the island!

Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

Delicious delicious delicious!!!

Sababi is located right opposite D'Talipapa so it is highly convenient to purchase the seafood and seamlessly get it cooked.

My partner and I made 2 separate trips to Sababi during our 5 night stay at Boracay. The first trip was with 2 other friends (total 4 pax) and we had just bought lobster, prawns and 2 crabs from D'Talipapa. During the seafood shopping trip, Mama (Marcella) from Sababi took the time to accompany us, giving us tips on haggling and helping us to transport our purchases to Sababi for cooking.

Mama really knew best as she recommended that we cook our seafood in these styles- garlic cheese lobster, chili crab and garlic butter prawns. We topped the meal up with a platter of mixed vegetables and rice and man was this meal delicious.

Mama was attentive to our needs, from teaching us how to find extra meat in the legs of the lobster to giving us extra cheese for the garlic cheese lobster.

Needless to say, due to the impeccable service and amazing food, my partner and I returned the next day for a simple dinner. We purchased 10 medium sized prawns from the market and decided to have it done again in the garlic butter style. We also ordered a plate of chop suey.

As the restaurant was full at that time, we were willing to wait a while for a table but about 5 minutes later, mama comes and announces that she has a table for us. Lo and behold, she went above and beyond to create an extra table for us on the pavement so that we did not have to wait.

Needless to say, the food was as delicious as the previous night. Impeccable service from Mama and I highly highly recommend prawns done in the garlic butter style to anyone who wishes to visit this restaurant.

Reviewed September 6, 2016 via mobile

Good foor but the service is not. They served our food in wrong table, so we're waiting for almost an hour.

Reviewed August 20, 2016

A must try when visiting Boracay. Wet market is just beside the "Sababi Palutuan" Cooking Restaurants so it is very convenient to buy fresh seafoods. Buttered Green Shell Mussel and Lapu-Lapu in Sweet and Sour are my favorites. Shrimps seems over-cooked but still good to eat same with the Crabs , Salted Kangkong and Clams. Overall, a recommended place for great dining experience.