Lowest prices for your stay
US$88
Free cancellation until 01/03/21
Hotels.comUS$88
TravelocityUS$88
FindHotelUS$49
All reviews great dive master dive shop the rooms were nice comfy bed would definitely stay here again great stay amazing hotel breakfast was included hot water sensi padi joel wifi balcony sansei station island
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 November 2020

My boyfriend and I spent a few days at Calypso and stayed in an immaculate room with a great view right on the ocean ☀️☀️☀️We had a fabulous breakfast and all staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel, it is a good value for money in an ideal location. We had dinner too, once, in the hotel restaurant and we couldn’t fault it in any way for variety and service.
Many thanks for making our stay so enjoyable
A big thank you to Gian Carlo Ejares, the manager in charge, for all your help.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Stefan Kempf, Owner at Calypso Beach & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2020

Thank you so much mam for your excellence review ,, We are happy to serve you , and we are looking forward to see you in your next visit in the island ,,

Stay safe ,,

Kind regards,

Gian

Reviewed 20 April 2020

We were celebrating a friend's PADI Divemaster graduation party at Calypso Resort, when he was violently assaulted by a local Filipino instructor employed at Calypso, called Renato or 'Ota' (nickname) Pacumberto as verified by CCTV footage provided to Malay Police and who is now being indicted by the Office of the Principal Prosecutor at the Criminal Court in Kalibo.

After attempting to help my friend, I was also assaulted and received three bottles smashed on my face, breaking the bridge of my nose whilst their security looked on and did nothing.

I was taken to hospital for treatment for serious physical injury and a report was issued by an ENT Surgeon showing nasal fracture after X-Ray.

Police were called and a report was filed and also submitted to the local Barangay Court who then escalated the case to the Criminal Court in Kalibo, which now has a resolution indicting the assailant for Serious Physical Injury and Assualt.

A dangerous and scary place to drink or stay since the owner turns a blind eye to assaults on his premises, and has no control of security who are not propery trained to deal with situations like this. After the police came and took a copy of, and reviewed the CCTV footage while the owner watched it, he just laughed about it and said i probably deserved it. My friend who was assualted first was understandably disgusted about this.

Room tip: find another hotel
Date of stay: July 2019
4  Thank poseidonson
CalypsoTeam, Manager at Calypso Beach & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2020

Hi Arne, Thank you for your review. Since you are our previous Dive Manager at Calypso diving and not a guest at the moment of the incident, you are well aware about the situation.

Since the incident happened after duty, its not related to us here at Calypso. Whatever issues you had with each other, you probably could solve in private and not when drinking. That incident is already in court and its between both of you to resolve this legally .

As of the actions of the Calypso management, we have suspended Ota and changed dive manager to make sure such a thing will never happen again. Its just unfortunate that this happened in our facilities.

As for our security guard - Randy. He has been with us for 17 years and never got any bad feedback from guest. Rather the opposite, many guests appreciate his service, kindness and professionalism.

Again , thank you so much that you become part of our team, for the work that you spend with us and we wish you the best for your future.

Reviewed 6 February 2020

My husband and I stayed in a premier sea view room, spacious, clean, large bathroom, nice bed, balcony with views of the beach and the ocean-a nice place to relax on the chaise lounge chair. The staff were wonderful, so nice and friendly. Breakfast was included at their Sensei Restaurant which faces the beach. You have a variety of choices for breakfast, either American or Filipino breakfast. Food at the restaurant was very good. With the new Boracay regulations the hotels cannot put out beach chairs anymore on White Beach, so if you see photos of the sun loungers on the sand, assume its an older photo.

Room tip: Get an ocean view room. My mother had her own room which was a standard room and had a terrible view of rooftops and alley
Date of stay: January 2020
CalypsoTeam, Manager at Calypso Beach & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Thank you so much for your excellent review :) ,, Looking forward on your next holiday vacation with us :)

Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

This place is under rated, the best place in our entire vacation, the place is well kept the bathrooms are clean the staff are very friendly and the owners are amazing and very hands on. You get the best vantage point to see the sunset. The best homy place in Boracay ❤️

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 748darleneg

Thank you so much for staying with us and giving us positive and excellent review . We are looking forward for your next holiday vacation with us in the future .

Reviewed 10 January 2020

I recently completed two fun dives with Calypso Beach and Dive (New Years Eve, 2019). Whilst the dives for the most part went really well, on my second dive it turned out that my gauge was broken, because when we were still at depth (roughly 18m) and my gauge read 50 Bar, my tank had completely run out of air. Lucky I was not far from the dive instructor and did not panic, I swam over to him and signaled I was out of air. I shared his air and we were able to safely ascend.
This was a rather scary thing to have happened, due to faulty equipment, and when I made the dive instructor aware he just laughed about it, and I never received an apology from anyone. I sent an email to the dive school and told them about the incident, just to make sure that this doesn't happen to anyone in the future, and I never received a reply unfortunately. I would like to think that they have since checked that specific piece of equipment, but without having received any emails back, I am not to know.
This sadly put a damper on what could have been a wonderful day of diving.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank taylorogden41
CalypsoTeam, Dive Operations Manager at Calypso Beach & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2020

Good afternoon
Apologise for that experience. We have looked over and serviced all the dive gear to make sure it would not happen again, which we do regularly. Im sorry but we havnt recieved any email. I checked all the inboxes and cant find anything. Which email adress did you send it to? Again we apologise and it Will never happen again. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards Joel Storm Dive operations manager Calypso diving