16 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$486
Hotels.com$486
Destinia.com$585
3,487 results
All reviews chi spa adventure zone private beach loft villa buggy service air hockey sirena restaurant punta bunga beach white beach caticlan airport beautiful resort breakfast buffet main beach boat ride d mall water activities infinity pool
Selected filters
Reviewed November 14, 2022

This was my third time staying at the Shangri-La Boracay and it did not disappoint. Everything about the experience was fantastic and I could not have asked for anything better.

From the moment of arrival at the airport, we were taken care of by all staff. We had actually caught the tail-end of a typhoon and there were severe delays with the flight and access to the boat to take us to the island - all attendants did everything they could to try to make the situation as comfortable as possible.

Once we were at the resort, the staff were so friendly and warm and it felt genuine. Walking the grounds, using the amenities, taking the shuttle and dining in the restaurants were all made better by their friendly staff. "Aeron" was a staff member who was extremely kind and thoughtful. On our last day, he changed our seating at the restaurant so we could have a better outdoor view while we dined. I know he was busy trying to maintain the basic dining area and keep everything clean and organized, but it was so nice of him to take the time to out make sure we would have a nice experience.

Besides the amazing service, the food (especially the food at Vintana, their breakfast buffet), was awesome. An incredible selection of mostly Filipino food, this was a great way to start the day. All items were fresh and tasty - breads, pastries, cheeses, cooked meats, sushi, authentic jams, fresh juices and smoothies, flavorful ice cream - everything was fantastic.

If you're looking for an awesome experience and you want to have incredible food, definitely stay at this amazing resort!

Date of stay: November 2022
Hans Martin Gfrei, General Manager at Shangri-La Boracay, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2022

Dear JetSetKen,

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed the Shangri-La service during your stay with us. Also, thank you for commending my colleagues especially Aeron. Rest assured that the team will hear these heartwarming words. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 6, 2022 via mobile

One if my favorite place to go is Boracay. I picked this hotel because of its farther and more quiet than station 1-3. It is my first time using a villa and i was surprised it comes with a butler Justin. He made sure everything is smooth free during our stay and during our wedding vows celebration.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Malty143,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad that the entire resort was to your liking. Also, thank you for commending my colleague, Justin. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 2, 2022

I have been trying to reach their restaurant reservations team and haven't had luck. I initially emailed them which they replied, then 4 replies on my end and nobody responded. I tried calling the first time (which is an international call) but due to time difference only the main resort was available. I called again the next day, got transferred from the main resort line to the reservations team only to end up with no answer. Why is it so difficult to book your restaurants? You should have a way for guests to do that online so we don't have to waste both our time and money (for those who don't get free international calls). Very disappointing for a 5-star luxury resort.
UPDATE: I'm adding one additional star to my initial one star review as I finally got a chance to speak with someone on their reservations team. The person I spoke with was calm despite my apparent irritation. She really empathized and therefore immediately calmed me down. I was able to book my reservation over the phone and they were able to accommodate our specific requests in terms of food.
OVERALL: I had one simple task, and that is to make a reservation. However, that task took more than a week to complete. Even though the representative was courteous and friendly, the task took so much effort hence the 2 stars. @Shangri-La Boracay, please find a way to simplify this process.
UPDATE: 11/1/2022 (removing 1 extra tsar)
One month later and I just received an email that they can no longer accommodate the original date that I had already booked with them and that they confirmed. This is because a wedding is now happening and they need the location for the wedding. In short, you absolutely have no guarantee that your booking is final as long as they have a more important event they can accommodate. Absolutely unreliable! DO NOT BOOK your special event here. The one I booked was the "Unique Private Dinner" at the beach.

@Shangr-La If you cannot guarantee the date then do not offer the service or the experience as it is very unprofessional and unreliable.

Date of stay: November 2022
3  Thank Shobe-77
Reviewed October 29, 2022

Very accommodating and friendly staff from security, front desk, and restaurant personnel. Definitely an unforgettable experience. Highly recommended. Thank you as always Shangri-La, Boracay for the superb services! Our kids enjoyed our 5 days stay with you! We willll definitely go back!

Date of stay: September 2022

Dear 248hanzp,

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback. I am glad to know that you had an unforgettable experience with us. Thank you as well for commending my colleagues, it is our pleasure to be of service to all of you. The team will be thrilled to hear these kind words.
I hope to have a chance to welcome you all back soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2022

WHAT a stay! We stayed in a sea view suite for 3 nights and it wasn’t enough! Our butler Josephat made sure that everything was perfect. Every nook and cranny of the hotel is worth exploring. If you are looking for luxury, privacy or less crowd, this is the place for you.

Date of stay: July 2022

Dear lovetripsdd,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay. Also, thank you for commending my colleague, Josephat. The team will be thrilled to hear of your feedback. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!