“Great Stay but”

Ranked #56 of 146 Hotels in Boracay
Pasay, Philippines
“Great Stay but”
Reviewed March 7, 2017

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. I got a really good rate of PHP2,500 per night through another website which directed me to Agoda (with more discounts). Great room facilities, they have a microwave so you can heat your leftovers. The pool and Jacuzzi are great. My only issue was the van transfer going to D'Mall (main beach in Boracay). For some reasons the management want to stick with the schedule regardless of the glaring long queue. This doesn’t really make sense if their aim is to be fuel efficient or whatnot, because if people start arriving 15 minutes before the scheduled transfer, and they ignore that and wait for the exact time of transfer, then the tendency is to have longer queue, more waiting time for their guests who arrived at the exact time of transfer. If their aim is to just follow the rule for the heck of it, then they’re also not being consistent because they ALWAYS arrive late in picking up guests from D’Mall going to the hotel. Also, that’s not going for the extra mile to provide excellent customer service to their guests. Since the hotel is already far from the main beach where all the happenings are, I think they should exert more efforts in making their guests feel that the location is not an inconvenience. Obviously, they don’t have to start doing transfers when there are only few guests in line and it’s not the scheduled time yet. However, if there are already enough guests to occupy an entire van, then I think it’s very reasonable for them to go ahead and provide a shuttle transfer for those guests without having to let them wait for more than 20 minutes. So I’d say that they’re current failing on that area.

Also, since their place is so wide, maybe another big pool would really give a five star on their facilities.

• Stayed March 2017, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nikki V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

Amazed with the set up (rooms,pool,dinning area,lobby and etc). Thank you so much for upgrading our room from deluxe to a loft type room. A bit far from the main attractions but if u guys prefer to relax and rest more its the best place to stay! Staffs and very friendly and welcoming. More power and great jod guys! Two thumbs up!

Stayed February 2017
Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

This is a great hotel located 10 minutes away from the white beach. It is located on the highest side of the island that gives you a view of the island and the sea from the lobby and cafe and even from your room. Shuttle service to and from D'mall is available every hour.

Breakfast selection is not that great. I guess it was customized to the taste of its Chinese guest which is majority of its patron. I did not mind it too much as there was danggit every day. The dried fish somehow made it up.

The staff are exceptional. They were all very respectful, nice and helpful without expecting much in return. They were very hospitable and accomodationg.

I will definitely fo back to this hotel.

Stayed February 2017, traveled with family
2 Thank Zarah A
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 14, 2017

stayed here with my friends , my friend is the one who booked at this place its a nice place but a little bit far from the busy long beach . if you are into a quite vacation this is good but for a party goer i think better go to hotel located at the main beach .

• Stayed February 2017, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 8, 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed there 6 days and in my opinion a couple of days too long. It was a relaxing trip for us so we really didn't do a whole lot. We took a private tour of the island for 4 hours and had lunch with our tour guide. Food in the sea food market is expensive about $70 USD (3500 Pesos) for 2 Kg of prawn. So the tour was 4 hours and we only saw the top half of the island (from D Mall to the northern point of the island) Bat Cave 1 and 2 was closed to visitors for some reason.

The hotel itself is pretty nice, we had a loft and it was a PITA climbing the stairs to get to the room. However the staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included with my booking but I was really impressed with the food but they asked me what they could fix for me so they made me an omelet and some bacon. The L shaped sofa in the living room was uncomfortable as it is just a frame with cushions on it and it sides whenever you sit down on it. The bed was very comfortable, but I also recommend getting a room that has only the shower and not a tub shower combination as the tub is very narrow and uncomfortable. Again the staff was awesome until we checked out, because we had a 0730 flight back to Manila, we checked out of the hotel at 0400 hours, well they do not allow you to check out until they inspect the room to see if you have removed anything. because they accused us of having a missing floor towel we were held up 30 minutes arguing with them that during our stay there had only been one floor towel and not two the entire time we were there. So after my girlfriend and I went back to the room with them they would not allow us to check out. So after arguing with them about this they finally agreed that nothing was missing we were able to check out. Because of this delay we were caught in a heavy rain storm that came in and we were both soaking wet. This was really the only negative point I had with the resort. If I chose the stay at another resort it will be on the island of Palawan. Also the beaches in Boracay are very beautiful, I would recommend going to some of the other beaches instead of White beach due to the crowds.

Room Tip: This hotel is NOT on a beach the ocean view is in the distance.