“Mostly an enjoyable stay and the staff is excellent”

Alta Vista de Boracay
Ranked #50 of 148 Hotels in Boracay
Reviewed February 8, 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed there 6 days and in my opinion a couple of days too long. It was a relaxing trip for us so we really didn't do a whole lot. We took a private tour of the island for 4 hours and had lunch with our tour guide. Food in the sea food market is expensive about $70 USD (3500 Pesos) for 2 Kg of prawn. So the tour was 4 hours and we only saw the top half of the island (from D Mall to the northern point of the island) Bat Cave 1 and 2 was closed to visitors for some reason.

The hotel itself is pretty nice, we had a loft and it was a PITA climbing the stairs to get to the room. However the staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included with my booking but I was really impressed with the food but they asked me what they could fix for me so they made me an omelet and some bacon. The L shaped sofa in the living room was uncomfortable as it is just a frame with cushions on it and it sides whenever you sit down on it. The bed was very comfortable, but I also recommend getting a room that has only the shower and not a tub shower combination as the tub is very narrow and uncomfortable. Again the staff was awesome until we checked out, because we had a 0730 flight back to Manila, we checked out of the hotel at 0400 hours, well they do not allow you to check out until they inspect the room to see if you have removed anything. because they accused us of having a missing floor towel we were held up 30 minutes arguing with them that during our stay there had only been one floor towel and not two the entire time we were there. So after my girlfriend and I went back to the room with them they would not allow us to check out. So after arguing with them about this they finally agreed that nothing was missing we were able to check out. Because of this delay we were caught in a heavy rain storm that came in and we were both soaking wet. This was really the only negative point I had with the resort. If I chose the stay at another resort it will be on the island of Palawan. Also the beaches in Boracay are very beautiful, I would recommend going to some of the other beaches instead of White beach due to the crowds.

Room Tip: This hotel is NOT on a beach the ocean view is in the distance.
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sgtfury1

Reviewed February 6, 2017

Alta Vista de Boracay is located Yapak in the far side and quiet part of the island. It's very far from the famous stretch of White Beach. This is ideal for couples, honeymooners, and families who would rather have the peace than the rowdy fun that Boracay is known for.

We stayed on this hotel for a night on a business trip.

The GOOD
- The nice infinity pool is very nice. It's relaxing to hang-out and it's very picture-worthy.
- The rooms are huge. I was given two double beds that would easily fit 3-4 guests.
- They have in-room wifi but Smart's LTE and data is very fast so I didn't bother with the wifi. I was able to work a lot because of the fast data in the resort.
- Staff are courteous and nice.

The NOT SO GOOD
- The hotel/resort is very far from the White Beach and there's nothing much to do in the resort itself. There are vans that bring guests to the main part of Boracay almost every hour.
- We ordered a lot for lunch and the food is not so good. There's nothing memorable about it. It's very different from the Boracay food I am used to.
- The hotel is located in a ver high mountain area of the island and I was expecting fantastic views. Unfortunately - there were constructions and development everywhere.
- There is no easy access to the beach. Puka Beach is supposed to be near the hotel but it's still 10 minutes away.

Alta Vista is okay and I would've rated it a bit higher but it's a letdown compared to the 8 other hotels I've stayed in Boracay through the years. I definitely had better accommodations. If you want the peace and quiet but will all the bells and whistles, go and splurge in Shangri-La Boracay. :)

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2017

A really nice resort with friendly polite staff, the rooms are more than ample with good facilities inside. The resort is around 30-40 minutes to get to from the jetty in boracay , it's set on a hill and if you have trouble walking on hills it's not for you . It is very orientated for Chinese people with it having around 98% Chinese . The let down is lack of swimming pools and facilities for the size of the hotel , and trying to get a table for breakfast was a nightmare , just one big mad rush . There is free transport to the main town and the private beach which sadly has limited spaces as well . A nice place but I will not return .

Room Tip: All rooms have good views due to it being so high up
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

My friend and i booked the loft suite room.
The room was fine not that much but just fine nothing impressive. Resort looks nice but not wow. Also the infinity pool not really infinity its small and not deep.

Its not a hotel. They should modify to buildings. There is no elevator so the loft suite located in the 3rd floor.

Also. The hotel locate 5 min by car to pucka beach. They dont have privet beach or even walk access to the beach.

Its realy far far far away of anything and everything else so by staying in Alta Vista you will never feel that you are in boracay as if you stayed in one of the 3 stations.

They do not provide ice cube for free you need to pay.

Also, they have to much rules of stay attached in the image.

Bed size good.
The living area need renovation.

Bathroom doors made of glass and have no keys and slightly open cant close.

Shower hot water very week.

There was no blanket on the beds when we arrived. I had to ask room service to provide us two blanket.

Tv not clear and remote control doesn't work correct.

There is no shuttle bus after 12
Also. You need to pay 3 times what other pay if they staying in station 1.2.3
Like 150P for tricycle.

After all the hotel not good to feel how it is boracay as i mentioned its close resort.

One more you definitely cant have a guest in your room after 10pm otherwise you will pay extra charge.

Breakfast was nothing. They really need to change the buffet.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2017

Book a room in Alta Vista de Boracay if you want to experience a different side of Boracay! It is located on a farther end of the island which is nowhere near the crowded stations. The rooms are clean and well-kept, and their infinity pool has an awesome view! The hotel also offers shuttle service which can pick you up and/or drop you off near D'Mall, in front of McDonald's; you can check their pickup schedule on the waiting area. In addition to this, the hotel is about 5-minute shuttle ride to Pukka beach! The staff are very friendly and accommodating. All in all, it was an awesome stay and would likely recommend this to my friends!

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends