“The Best In Alona Beach...”

Philippine Fun Divers, Inc.
Ranked #1 of 34 Tours in Bohol Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: PHILIPPINE FUN DIVERS is a PADI 5-Star Dive Resort! TOP OF THE LINE, TOP OF THEIR GAME, YOU CAN'T TOP IT! Dedicated to only giving the best of Scuba Fun Diving, Scuba Diving Safaris, PADI Courses and Specialty Courses to our customers. We offer Day Trips, Shore Dives and Safaris to the most famous islands around us, such as Panglao Island, Balicasag Island, Cabilao Island, Pamilacan Island, Siquijor Island, Apo Island and Sumilon Island. Teaching the full range of PADI Courses is our other passion. We teach all courses in English, German, Japanese, Tagalog, Bisayan and Italian. We are well known for our great, spacious and classy dive boats. The boat fleet: Two amazing, traditional Banka Boats with 30 divers each capacity, One 16 seater Speedboat, One 10-Seater Speedboat, and One 6-Seater Speedboat. Going the extra mile can be expected every time you visit us here at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol. Holger the President, Rena the Manager and the rest of the professional team welcomes you to paradise. See you soon for unforgettable under water adventures surrounded by amazing creatures (and people)! Please write us an email in order to get your customized Scuba Fun Diving/PADI Course - Accommodation - Round Trip Transfer - Sight Seeing Package for a great deal! And don't worry, we will take your pictures and videos if requested! Thank you very much, Vielen Dank, Domo arigato gozaimashita, Maraming Salamat, Daghang Salamat, Grazie, Je vous remercie and to all people from other countries (and please tell us what Thank You means when you are here with us)
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 1, 2015

I have been to Alona Beach many times and this time I dived with Philippines Fun Divers. It was a great experience! They have a very presentation dive shop, well display of diving equipment. If you need to get accessories, you can get it from the shop. The Shop Manager is very friendly and patient to attend to your questions. On the boat, it was the largest in Alona Beach. Very neat and tidy with a standby Oxygen onboard and Captain is very friendly, greeted every divers on board. I went diving in Balicasag about 40mins away from Alona Beach and one of the best diving destination, my Divemaster (Sorry... forget his name) was working hard underwater. Looking for stuffs for me to take pictures, enjoyed my dive very much. I wish the Shop Owner will be able to dive with me but busy as he is being the Squadron Director of Philippine Coast Guard Auxiliary & a Martial Art Expert. Experience their service if you are heading to Alona Beach, you will not regret!

4  Thank MASTER_PETER_TAY
PhilippineFunDivers, Owner at Philippine Fun Divers, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2015

Hello Peter. Thanks a lot for your visit. Your great review is highly appreciated. I will hopefully soon be in Boracay and visit your dive resort there. Best regards and see you soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2015 via mobile

We did our open water diving course here with Frank as our instructor.

Frank is really great teacher. When you see him you feel secure ;) we really liked learing with him since he is very reaponsible, professional and patient Diving and learning with him was one of our best experiences of our whole trip.

Also all the staff is very friendly and welcoming. We did 3 dives with Greg who is really great and showed us all the great spots there is to see in balicasag island.

The club's boat is very large and
comfortable and the crew is very nice.
The secretarys were really helpful not only in dive related issues.

We really felt secure and all the diving gear is first class quality.

If you are looking for the best diving experience in bohol, this is the place for you!

1  Thank Tomer B
Reviewed August 17, 2015

I came to Bohol during the windy season and I wanted to dive on Balicasag Island. I went down to Philippine Fun Divers because I had read good recommendations here on Tripadvisor. I went there and asked about the possibilities to go to Balicasag, and they said that the Island was closed of for diving due to the weather. I signed up for 2 dives the next time Balicasag was open, and kept going down to them every day to ask if it was possible, but they kept saying they would not go out. Unfortunately for me, the weather was bad for the entire duration of my stay at Alona Beach, but the last day before I left I were able to go on two regular dives on another location. The staff was professional and the gear and the boat was really good. The staff was very friendly. Even though I did not get to go to Balicasag as I wanted, I greatly appreciate that I could be kept on the waiting list, and the service that was provided.
I appreciate that they did not want to take the risks with going to Balicasag just to make money, but they played it safe.

The only downside I can think of (except for the weather) was that there were no fruit or anything on the boat when I went out. It would have been nice with something to snack on in between the dives.

3  Thank Jesper E
PhilippineFunDivers, Owner at Philippine Fun Divers, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2015

Hi Jesper,
thanks for your review. And yes, safety is at our place at the forefront; no fun intended if safety is compromised. With regards to the stuff to snack on, we tried it before. Divers then had different wishlists of what they would like to have on board (for free :). I would have had to increase my dive rates. To keep dive rates reasonable, I stopped it but kept free water, tea and coffee. But in case you will be back, I will have a bag of cookies for you on board :).

Best regards,

Holger

Reviewed August 14, 2015 via mobile

I took my Open Water and Advanced Open Water courses with the Fun Divers. Frank was a great instructor, and it was so much fun! All the people working at the dive centre were very nice and friendly. We also did some fun dives after I finished my courses and they were also great and well planed. I would definitely recommend the Fun Divers to others!

1  Thank mjlblair
Reviewed August 9, 2015

Great dive shop - Went with them for my first day of diving. A bit more expensive than the other shops around, but the equipment is top notch and the boat is brand new (3 months old). Overall great experience.