Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Excellent diving experience with PFD

Chose to work with PFD after assessing the other options for dive operators on Panglao. It was the... read more

Reviewed July 8, 2022
RicardoTan1997
Amazing, competent and nice dive shop. Look no further and book here!!

After looking at various dive shops on Alona beach, I decided to go with Philippine Fun Divers and... read more

Reviewed May 10, 2022

from $198.00
from $63.00
from $220.00
More Info
All reviews open water course alona beach dive sites nice dive diving experience pfd frank instructor shop certification bohol beginners
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2015 via mobile

Took the OW course. Wasn't sure I would even enjoy diving but gave it a go. Have to say it was not something that came easily to me, starting from nothing such as how to put on a wetsuit.
Despite attentive and persistent advice from instructor Frank I was having some mental issue with my breathing, overly-fast, deep breaths, no buoyancy control, physically tired. My own subconscious 'technique' to avoid dying underwater.
Frank convinced me not to drop out, though by that point it would have saved the school time, money and hassle to let me go with the lesser available certification. Things turned around on my 4th sea dive with mostly 1 on 1 training and I later finished the course with another complimentary dive much happier and confident that I could dive safely and effectively.
Can't compare this to anywhere else, but the equipment liked fairly new, staff were all friendly and helpful.

Good location. No time wasted getting from the school to the open water training 'wall' dive site (2 minutes in boat from the beach) , which gives the training dives the environment / atmosphere of a 'real' dive.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank bthomson
Reviewed July 25, 2015 via mobile

I did my AOW course in this shop 3 years ago, and did 3 fun dives a few days ago. Everything is really well organized, their gear and boat are somewhat brand new, staffs are kind and try to help everything.

Especially their full time manager(she is also instructur) can speak both Japanese and English, so it would be a good choice if you feel comfortable for Japanese communication.

Their price is not really beneficial when you do not bring your own gear. However, it is located just next to the Lost Horizon Resort; so if you stay at the Lost Horizon (and have enough budget), it is still good choice.

Reviewed July 19, 2015 via mobile

Wonderful place that has been around for years! Very trustworthy staff and reasonable prices. The owner is absolutely amazing. You can tell he is highly experienced in his field which is comforting when you are a first timer. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed July 10, 2015

Nicely run shop with friendly staff greet you as you walk in. Lisa was my first point of contact and makes great impression, continuing to do so throughout my days diving with them. Holger the manager runs a smooth operation, rental gear is good, the boat is fantastic, dive guides (Greg especially) really knew the sites and where to find the cool critters making my job as a photographer much more productive.
Experience on the boat was pleasant too, spacious and clean, non slip matting on practically every surface. The boat hands attentive and right where you need them when you need them

Reviewed June 20, 2015

My friend and I had not dived since doing our Open Water in March, that was no problem for the Philiippine Fun Divers crew, we had our own guide for two days diving (4 dives) and the guys on the boat were great and put us at ease.

Thanks Alan for your guidance and patience, and showing us the most beautiful environment I have ever seen.

Date of experience: June 2015