“Very helpful ”

Philippine Fun Divers, Inc.
Ranked #1 of 31 Tours in Bohol Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Philippine Fun Divers, Inc. is a PADI 5-Star Instructor Development Dive Resort located at the heart of Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol, Philippines and we opened the dive center 01 Feb 2008. We offer the full range of PADI regular and specialty courses. We teach in English, Japanese, German, Chinese, Italian, and Filipino. Instructor Development Courses are conducted at least 4 times a year or as the need arises. Please check the IDC link in our website for dates. We teach EFR Instructor Courses. We conduct boat dives, beach dives, early morning dives, night dives and day trips. We dive at 21 dive sites around Panglao including Balicasag Island, plus the dive sites at Cabilao Island and Pamilacan Island. We book room accommodations for you primarily with Lost Horizon Beach Resort or other resorts if the need arises, arrange airports and ferry ports round trip transfers as well as sightseeing tours. We are open 365 days a year :) from 8:00am till 6:00pm. Welcome to paradise!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

Took the OW course. Wasn't sure I would even enjoy diving but gave it a go. Have to say it was not something that came easily to me, starting from nothing such as how to put on a wetsuit.
Despite attentive and persistent advice from instructor Frank I was having some mental issue with my breathing, overly-fast, deep breaths, no buoyancy control, physically tired. My own subconscious 'technique' to avoid dying underwater.
Frank convinced me not to drop out, though by that point it would have saved the school time, money and hassle to let me go with the lesser available certification. Things turned around on my 4th sea dive with mostly 1 on 1 training and I later finished the course with another complimentary dive much happier and confident that I could dive safely and effectively.
Can't compare this to anywhere else, but the equipment liked fairly new, staff were all friendly and helpful.

Good location. No time wasted getting from the school to the open water training 'wall' dive site (2 minutes in boat from the beach) , which gives the training dives the environment / atmosphere of a 'real' dive.
Highly recommended.

in 9 reviews
"great equipment"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

I did my AOW course in this shop 3 years ago, and did 3 fun dives a few days ago. Everything is really well organized, their gear and boat are somewhat brand new, staffs are kind and try to help everything.

Especially their full time manager(she is also instructur) can speak both Japanese and English, so it would be a good choice if you feel comfortable for Japanese communication.

Their price is not really beneficial when you do not bring your own gear. However, it is located just next to the Lost Horizon Resort; so if you stay at the Lost Horizon (and have enough budget), it is still good choice.

Reviewed 19 July 2015 via mobile

Wonderful place that has been around for years! Very trustworthy staff and reasonable prices. The owner is absolutely amazing. You can tell he is highly experienced in his field which is comforting when you are a first timer. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 10 July 2015

Nicely run shop with friendly staff greet you as you walk in. Lisa was my first point of contact and makes great impression, continuing to do so throughout my days diving with them. Holger the manager runs a smooth operation, rental gear is good, the boat is fantastic, dive guides (Greg especially) really knew the sites and where to find the cool critters making my job as a photographer much more productive.
Experience on the boat was pleasant too, spacious and clean, non slip matting on practically every surface. The boat hands attentive and right where you need them when you need them