Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great dive center, I enjoyed a lot

I had a very good time diving with Philippine Fun Divers. Their professional and very friendly... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
robertceskel
Awesome experience with PFD

This is my first tome visiting phillipins n def the first time doing diving. Thx to PFD and our... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
2019Fran
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Bohol Island
from US$200.00
from US$89.00
from US$70.00
More Info
All reviews open water course dive master dive shop balicasag island lost horizon alona beach boat crew pool dives whole team office staff these guys dive course great equipment special thanks diving experience diving school dive sites
Reviewed 20 April 2015

I took the Open Water Course there and it was really fun. My instructor Frank Yamamoto was quite friendly and he's really passionate about diving. Liza at the desk and the rest of the staff were also nice and helpful with everything.

I definitely recommend Philippine Fun Divers to everyone.

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank Agustín J
Reviewed 17 April 2015

We always do a private charter because we feel our time is limited so we want the best and once again it paid off as this shop was run very well and the crew was great. We discussed the places we wanted to see and laid out our timeline and away we went. Very well taken care of and they made sure we got to see the best they had to offer. Would go again with these folks anytime and would recommend to any divers this operation. Glad we chose them.

Kevin

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed 1 April 2015

Liza took my booking and she was helpful and friendly. I had my instructor Frank Y all to myself, and he was excellent at communicating the skills i needed to master and made sure I got the most out of my dives and training.

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank Ariel P
Reviewed 29 March 2015

Had a problem with my ear coming to Philippines.So I did just a trial dive which was ok so did my AOW course and couple more fun dives.Was really happy with the service these guys provided.Frank was very professional and tought me few tricks.The other guys Toto,Alain were very experienced divers and very good guides.Girls behind the table were nice and helpful.Can't say a wrong thing about PFD.Cheers guys,keep it up.

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed 22 March 2015 via mobile

After thorough research prior to our arrival we decided to dive with PFD. I must say it didnt live up to our (rather high set after reading on tripadvisor) expectations. It wasnt bad and we did actually decide to do all our dives with them after all. Flor and Liza makes sure everything actually work and they do a very good (and hard) job!! Thank you! We felt this dive center was probably better for inexperienced divers taking their first certificate. As a fun diver it was OK. Not the worst experience but the owners, dive masters and other staff could do so much more to give the customers a better experience and value for the money. The equippment was OK. Boats OK. Nothing bad, nothing special and I would say 5 star feels a bit exaggarated honestly. However safe. They do have limited space and it is understandable things get a bit crowded etc. However Liza and Flor does a fantastic job to make sure logistics work and we got our equippment every dive. They had 15L tanks and there was really never any problems with equippment. The dive masters could do more, most tips, help and ideas came from fellow divers and even after trying to get tips and ideas from DMs and really trying to drag info out of then they could not really recommend or describe divesites etc.

We went almost exclussively to balicasag, nice turtles. But would have wanted more bit felt the DMs were some what indifferent.

The dive center is located just beside a restaurant and one would think they would help with fresh fruit (no food, not even fruit, is served on dive boats) bit the staff at the restaurant were actually very unfriendly. Two young girls run an excellent little fresh fruit schack 50m away on the beach (further away from Karls Coffe, a really small place bit very good!) and they are also open early mornings. Overall I think PFD are OK but our experience was unfortenatelly not as good as many of the other reviewers here on tripadvisor. With a little effort from management it probably could live up to, and become 5 star padi. Would not recommend for fun divers but possibly for new divers that want to take AOW. Thank you Liza and Flor for making our experience nice.

1  Thank Eco_emc2