Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great dive center, I enjoyed a lot

I had a very good time diving with Philippine Fun Divers. Their professional and very friendly... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
robertceskel
Awesome experience with PFD

This is my first tome visiting phillipins n def the first time doing diving. Thx to PFD and our... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
2019Fran
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Bohol Island
from US$200.00
from US$89.00
from US$70.00
More Info
All reviews open water course dive master dive shop balicasag island lost horizon alona beach boat crew pool dives whole team office staff these guys dive course great equipment special thanks diving experience diving school dive sites
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Staying in Bohol I decided to go with the majority advice on Trip Advisor and wasn't disappointed! European/Japanese standard of organisation, attention to detail and safety gave me every confidence. I took my own equipment which was tested by the dive staff the day before my 1st dive to ensure cotmpatibility.
Toto, was my Divemaster and due to the Habagat (SW Monsoon) conditions I was disappointed that my first dive planned to Balicasag was cancelled. ON reflection I can only praise an operator or made this decision on a day when 3 local Bankas tried to go there and ended up in distress and need of rescue by the Coastguard!

I found that equipment in the diveshop was reasonably priced too. Instructions were very clear and the divemaster, Toto made me feel completely at ease after some absence from the sea.
I left my equipment overnight and on day 2 had 2 of the best dives ever particularly the one to Balicasag where we met the turtles, several of them.
The only thing I would urge is that divers really take care with buoyancy to protect the reef.. Put this ahead of the need to take photos and video. Also I think maybe we were allowed to crowd the Turtles too much and after observing the GoPro video I took, I think the dive briefings should emphasise the Eco Values more on such pristine reefs.

I am planning to return their very soon and will recommend this dive operator to anyone planning to dive in Bohol.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank Andy L
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I initially had a false start due to catching a cold but came back after communicating with Flor via email. I completed my advanced open water in 2 days, Michelle was my instructor and was extremely thorough, she even made me do some navigation in my night dive to solidify my knowledge. I would recommend anyone wanting to complete a course here to do it with Michelle, she has vast diving experience and knowledge in many areas, she added in bits that the book didn't, personal experience and the like. It wasn't the standard tourist operation that is just after another dollar, I wasn't just a number and I had 100% of Michelle's attention.
Many thanks Philippine fun divers :)

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We've gone diving all over the Philippines, and I can say with all honesty that none of the other operators were as fun to dive with as these guys.

It's easy to book dives with them. They have extremely large boats which they dont over stuff with divers. The DM's are quite knowledgeable, good with english, and open to dive site requests. And payment processing is fast.

Don't bother checking out the other operators along Alona. These guys are it!

Date of experience: May 2013
Reviewed 16 April 2013

This is the second year in a row we went diving with Philippine Fun Divers so I think they deserve a review now. Last year I took my OWD and this year my boyfrind took AOWD - we both went with Michelle who is really calm, relaxed, fun and a good teacher. During our two trips to Panglao we have had a total of around 20 dives with Philippine Fun Divers and find them highly professional with good equipment. They are also very flexible and have arranged dives in the spots we preferred with very short notice. This year I experienced an ear squeze due to a cold and the divemaster immediatly took action and made sure that my dive ended in a secure manner. If you start asking questions about the underwater world you will learn that many of the divemasters are born and raised in the area and that they care about the environment. Also it is very nice for me that they always help you carry the heavy equipment to and from the boat. I will definetly recommend them and I will certainly dive with them again if we come back. Also thanks to the girls at the office who work hard to arrange our diving requests with a short notice.

Date of experience: March 2013
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Grate staff, very, very professional, and not least important, very nice and fun people.
Quality equipment. Not even a tiny problem for the 9 dives I’ve been doing with them
Been diving with them for a week, Was pure fun.
due to a recent typhoon damage, most of the interesting dives are on Balicasag Island.
it's a bit iretating limitation
but it's an amazing diving place. lots of sea turtles, Jack fish, barracudas, etc'...

Date of experience: February 2013