“Best diving experience on Alona Beach”

Philippine Fun Divers, Inc.
Ranked #1 of 31 Tours in Bohol Island
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: PHILIPPINE FUN DIVERS is a PADI 5-Star Dive Resort! TOP OF THE LINE, TOP OF THEIR GAME, YOU CAN'T TOP IT! Dedicated to only giving the best of Scuba Fun Diving, Scuba Diving Safaris, PADI Courses and Specialty Courses to our customers. We offer Day Trips, Shore Dives and Safaris to the most famous islands around us, such as Panglao Island, Balicasag Island, Cabilao Island, Pamilacan Island, Siquijor Island, Apo Island and Sumilon Island. Teaching the full range of PADI Courses is our other passion. We teach all courses in English, German, Japanese, Tagalog, Bisayan and Italian. We are well known for our great, spacious and classy dive boats. The boat fleet: Two amazing, traditional Banka Boats with 30 divers each capacity, One 16 seater Speedboat, One 10-Seater Speedboat, and One 6-Seater Speedboat. Going the extra mile can be expected every time you visit us here at Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol. Holger the President, Rena the Manager and the rest of the professional team welcomes you to paradise. See you soon for unforgettable under water adventures surrounded by amazing creatures (and people)! Please write us an email in order to get your customized Scuba Fun Diving/PADI Course - Accommodation - Round Trip Transfer - Sight Seeing Package for a great deal! And don't worry, we will take your pictures and videos if requested! Thank you very much, Vielen Dank, Domo arigato gozaimashita, Maraming Salamat, Daghang Salamat, Grazie, Je vous remercie and to all people from other countries (and please tell us what Thank You means when you are here with us)
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Paris, France
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best diving experience on Alona Beach”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I spent 6 weeks on Alona Beach in may-June 2013 intending to get certified as a Divemaster. I was advised to dive with Michelle Tinsay who is instructor at Philippine Fun Divers and that´s how I get to experience diving with one of the best dive shops on Alona Beach.
I had a fantastic time at Philippine Fun Divers first of all because all the staff is kind and lovely, very helpful and then, because they're highly professional.
You'll see that the dive shop location is very convenient, few meters from the shore and with direct access to a pool to practice skills before going to the ocean, if needed. I believe Philippine Fun Divers has the best equipement, boats and staff on Alona Beach and I strongly advise divers to dive with them, whatever their level.
Toto and Edgar will help you to spot macro stuff and famous frog fishs, Hiroshi is known to find whale sharks, Rena and Michelle are very experienced and patient instructors who love teaching, from open water course to divemaster. If you apply for fun dives you'll definitely have fun in beautiful dive spots, and if you want to learn how to dive or get better, you won't fail and will learn best and safe practices.
If you have the chance to meet Holger, you'll learn much from this former military diver and coast guard who has very specific experience and always has great stories to tell about it.
As for me, I started with the Emergency First Responder course, then passed the Rescue diver course and eventually succeeded in the Divemaster course. I studied and worked closely with Michelle who was more than a mere instructor, she is now a friend and I will always thank her for all she has taught me. She's the best to give you confidence and bring you to go beyond your limits.
Special thanks to all Philippine Fun Divers team : Michelle, Rena, Holger, Toto, Edgar, Hiroshi, JC, Nicolas, Philip, Jose, Boro, Captain, Flor and Lisa, I love you guys <3 and hope I will see you again!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Indiangrid

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Durham, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Very Professional Dive Operator”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Staying in Bohol I decided to go with the majority advice on Trip Advisor and wasn't disappointed! European/Japanese standard of organisation, attention to detail and safety gave me every confidence. I took my own equipment which was tested by the dive staff the day before my 1st dive to ensure cotmpatibility.
Toto, was my Divemaster and due to the Habagat (SW Monsoon) conditions I was disappointed that my first dive planned to Balicasag was cancelled. ON reflection I can only praise an operator or made this decision on a day when 3 local Bankas tried to go there and ended up in distress and need of rescue by the Coastguard!

I found that equipment in the diveshop was reasonably priced too. Instructions were very clear and the divemaster, Toto made me feel completely at ease after some absence from the sea.
I left my equipment overnight and on day 2 had 2 of the best dives ever particularly the one to Balicasag where we met the turtles, several of them.
The only thing I would urge is that divers really take care with buoyancy to protect the reef.. Put this ahead of the need to take photos and video. Also I think maybe we were allowed to crowd the Turtles too much and after observing the GoPro video I took, I think the dive briefings should emphasise the Eco Values more on such pristine reefs.

I am planning to return their very soon and will recommend this dive operator to anyone planning to dive in Bohol.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Andy L
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Advanced open water course complete”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I initially had a false start due to catching a cold but came back after communicating with Flor via email. I completed my advanced open water in 2 days, Michelle was my instructor and was extremely thorough, she even made me do some navigation in my night dive to solidify my knowledge. I would recommend anyone wanting to complete a course here to do it with Michelle, she has vast diving experience and knowledge in many areas, she added in bits that the book didn't, personal experience and the like. It wasn't the standard tourist operation that is just after another dollar, I wasn't just a number and I had 100% of Michelle's attention.
Many thanks Philippine fun divers :)

Visited June 2013
Manila
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One of the Best Dive Operators in the Country”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We've gone diving all over the Philippines, and I can say with all honesty that none of the other operators were as fun to dive with as these guys.

It's easy to book dives with them. They have extremely large boats which they dont over stuff with divers. The DM's are quite knowledgeable, good with english, and open to dive site requests. And payment processing is fast.

Don't bother checking out the other operators along Alona. These guys are it!

Visited May 2013
Denmark
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Philippine Fun Divers”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is the second year in a row we went diving with Philippine Fun Divers so I think they deserve a review now. Last year I took my OWD and this year my boyfrind took AOWD - we both went with Michelle who is really calm, relaxed, fun and a good teacher. During our two trips to Panglao we have had a total of around 20 dives with Philippine Fun Divers and find them highly professional with good equipment. They are also very flexible and have arranged dives in the spots we preferred with very short notice. This year I experienced an ear squeze due to a cold and the divemaster immediatly took action and made sure that my dive ended in a secure manner. If you start asking questions about the underwater world you will learn that many of the divemasters are born and raised in the area and that they care about the environment. Also it is very nice for me that they always help you carry the heavy equipment to and from the boat. I will definetly recommend them and I will certainly dive with them again if we come back. Also thanks to the girls at the office who work hard to arrange our diving requests with a short notice.

Visited March 2013