All reviews el nido nice pool shuttle service underground river tour van puerto thumbs filipino
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2019

We booked a room with a double bed. When we showed up they had two singles in the room. We asked if they could change it to a double as that is what we reserved. We were rudely told no and that we should be happy we are even staying there because we bought at cheaper then regular rates. Next we book a tour and are told it will be back at 3pm, it arrived back at 530pm. Then we booked a rental scooter through the hotel for 8am. It didnt show up until 9am with no gas. We were told we have to fill it up and the gas station was close. We got a few km up the road about half way to the gas station and the thing ran out of gas... when we finally got back to the hotel to request our money be refunded they told us they wouldn't unless we brought the bike back! What a joke. Quite possibly the worst hotel experience I've ever encountered. UPDATE: we foolishly decided to allow them to book us a van from the hotel to el nido. Our previous experiences with doing this through hotels have been great however this one showed up 35 mins late which meant we literally got the very last van our of the el nido station. This means you get no pick of anything. This bus was over filled and missing head rest, two days later my neck is still sore..

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2019

Staying 2 nights here. So many positive to reports .....layout, great grounds, rooms, restaurant, and background music gives a lovely vibe. Staff friendly and helpful arranging out of hotel transport and events. My only negatives are construction work at back of my room (not major) and very poor wifi in my rooom, although excellent at reception.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

I loved everything about this place.

The location - away from the hustle and bustle of the city but close enough to walk (I actually did) it.

The ambiance - this is what I actually paid for. Very rural. Trees and plants everywhere, a big pool, and Filipino architecture (for the public areas at least).

The staff - Princess, Jade, Joan, Richard, and the rest (I cant remember their names), are all great staff members of this hotel! They are very accommodating, cheerful and are not shy to spend time speaking with you and talking about Puerto Princessa, and other things. Always on point! Other hotels staff should learn from these wonderful people!

The food - breakfast had a healthy selection. Catered more for westerners, but otherwise it was ok. There is an option for traditional Filipino breakfast though. You can also have lunch and dinner there.

The amenities - I travel to places to experience their unique charm. It’s always going to have to be about how locals live there. Somewhat.

This was provided! A nice pool, a lounge with high thatched ceilings and beat up pool table (shows how many guests this place has had come through lol). Played many games while I was there.

I never expect 5 star or brand new amenities in certain places and hotel brands. And this, totally exceeded my expectations.

I’ve already referred this place to the rest of my family, and will definitely return here whenever I visit Puerto Princessa again. (I do have family I can live with while I am there, but like I said, I want the rural experience)

Three thumbs up for Acacia Tree Garden Hotel!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2019

I was so happy that we find this place..have time to relax with friends while enjoying the food. So affordable and yummy! Try to visit acacia tree hotel with friends and family to enjoy.Try their house special. Huge burger! 1.2 pound burger!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2019 via mobile

Highly Recommended! The Resort Kindly Arranged shuttle service for us at the Puerto Princesa Airport. The place is surrounded by natural greenery and landscape. Rooms are very spacious and clean. The Hotel staff were incredibly helpful and prompt in providing services right to the doorstep of our rooms. We also went for the underground river tour which was arranged by the resort. The tour was very well arranged with a humorous guide who was also very knowledgeable. When my brother got a tummy upset from eating food outside the hotel, the staff kindly arranged for him to be sent to a nearby hospital to be seen by the doctor.

Trip type: Traveled with family