All reviews el nido nice pool shuttle service underground river tour van puerto thumbs filipino
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

I loved everything about this place.

The location - away from the hustle and bustle of the city but close enough to walk (I actually did) it.

The ambiance - this is what I actually paid for. Very rural. Trees and plants everywhere, a big pool, and Filipino architecture (for the public areas at least).

The staff - Princess, Jade, Joan, Richard, and the rest (I cant remember their names), are all great staff members of this hotel! They are very accommodating, cheerful and are not shy to spend time speaking with you and talking about Puerto Princessa, and other things. Always on point! Other hotels staff should learn from these wonderful people!

The food - breakfast had a healthy selection. Catered more for westerners, but otherwise it was ok. There is an option for traditional Filipino breakfast though. You can also have lunch and dinner there.

The amenities - I travel to places to experience their unique charm. It’s always going to have to be about how locals live there. Somewhat.

This was provided! A nice pool, a lounge with high thatched ceilings and beat up pool table (shows how many guests this place has had come through lol). Played many games while I was there.

I never expect 5 star or brand new amenities in certain places and hotel brands. And this, totally exceeded my expectations.

I’ve already referred this place to the rest of my family, and will definitely return here whenever I visit Puerto Princessa again. (I do have family I can live with while I am there, but like I said, I want the rural experience)

Three thumbs up for Acacia Tree Garden Hotel!

Reviewed 24 August 2019

I was so happy that we find this place..have time to relax with friends while enjoying the food. So affordable and yummy! Try to visit acacia tree hotel with friends and family to enjoy.Try their house special. Huge burger! 1.2 pound burger!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2019 via mobile

Highly Recommended! The Resort Kindly Arranged shuttle service for us at the Puerto Princesa Airport. The place is surrounded by natural greenery and landscape. Rooms are very spacious and clean. The Hotel staff were incredibly helpful and prompt in providing services right to the doorstep of our rooms. We also went for the underground river tour which was arranged by the resort. The tour was very well arranged with a humorous guide who was also very knowledgeable. When my brother got a tummy upset from eating food outside the hotel, the staff kindly arranged for him to be sent to a nearby hospital to be seen by the doctor.

1  Thank josephtan89
Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

The Good:
Free, on time, and friendly airport pickup shuttle.
Easy and friendly check in.
Spacious room and comfortable bed.
Drinking water cooler, hot and cold, available for free refills all day.
Always available tricycles available outside. Front desk could also call one in for you.

The Bad:
Waited in the hot open air lobby for my room to be ready at 2, which is check in time.
Had lunch at the restaurant while waiting for my room. Restaurant is also open air and very hot. Restaurant staff seemed confused and unsure. Seafood tower dish took a long time but was good. Paying for lunch was also a long and confusing process.
Breakfast was disappointing! Got there at 8:45. Supposed to end at 9:30. There wasn’t much at all. Coffee was cold. Egg station was good but not much more that that.
Room is dated. No safe in the room. No hairdryer. One hot water electric kettle but no cups or glasses or anything else.
Only 2 bath towels.
Many flying insects in the bathroom. They are water-flies. The type that lives in the plumbing. I also read online other guests complained about that.
Shower water pressure fluctuates between low and high. Even the shower water temperature changed often during my short showers.

Overall, okay for just 1 night. I really wanted to like this hotel, but I couldn’t stay here anymore unfortunately. There are a lot of other options in Puerto Princesa!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
AcaciaTreeGarden, Owner at Acacia Tree Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2019

Hi Sameer,
Thank you for taking time in giving us your feedback. We appreciate the good points and also the bad points on your experience in our property. We will check on these matters.

We hope to make it up to you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2019 via mobile

Decided to celebrate my son's bday here, and no regrets!

The room is spacious and the pool was awesome! Food was ok, but wish they have more options on the menu (especially for the kids). But they loved the waffles for breakfast anyways, so all is well!

Overall, we will recommend and come back for another staycation..soon!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for the generous review. We are delighted to learn that your family had a wonderful stay. Cheers!