All reviews el nido nice pool shuttle service underground river tour van puerto thumbs filipino
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2019 via mobile

Highly Recommended! The Resort Kindly Arranged shuttle service for us at the Puerto Princesa Airport. The place is surrounded by natural greenery and landscape. Rooms are very spacious and clean. The Hotel staff were incredibly helpful and prompt in providing services right to the doorstep of our rooms. We also went for the underground river tour which was arranged by the resort. The tour was very well arranged with a humorous guide who was also very knowledgeable. When my brother got a tummy upset from eating food outside the hotel, the staff kindly arranged for him to be sent to a nearby hospital to be seen by the doctor.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank josephtan89
Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

The Good:
Free, on time, and friendly airport pickup shuttle.
Easy and friendly check in.
Spacious room and comfortable bed.
Drinking water cooler, hot and cold, available for free refills all day.
Always available tricycles available outside. Front desk could also call one in for you.

The Bad:
Waited in the hot open air lobby for my room to be ready at 2, which is check in time.
Had lunch at the restaurant while waiting for my room. Restaurant is also open air and very hot. Restaurant staff seemed confused and unsure. Seafood tower dish took a long time but was good. Paying for lunch was also a long and confusing process.
Breakfast was disappointing! Got there at 8:45. Supposed to end at 9:30. There wasn’t much at all. Coffee was cold. Egg station was good but not much more that that.
Room is dated. No safe in the room. No hairdryer. One hot water electric kettle but no cups or glasses or anything else.
Only 2 bath towels.
Many flying insects in the bathroom. They are water-flies. The type that lives in the plumbing. I also read online other guests complained about that.
Shower water pressure fluctuates between low and high. Even the shower water temperature changed often during my short showers.

Overall, okay for just 1 night. I really wanted to like this hotel, but I couldn’t stay here anymore unfortunately. There are a lot of other options in Puerto Princesa!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
AcaciaTreeGarden, Owner at Acacia Tree Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2019

Hi Sameer,
Thank you for taking time in giving us your feedback. We appreciate the good points and also the bad points on your experience in our property. We will check on these matters.

We hope to make it up to you in the near future.

Reviewed 21 May 2019 via mobile

Decided to celebrate my son's bday here, and no regrets!

The room is spacious and the pool was awesome! Food was ok, but wish they have more options on the menu (especially for the kids). But they loved the waffles for breakfast anyways, so all is well!

Overall, we will recommend and come back for another staycation..soon!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for the generous review. We are delighted to learn that your family had a wonderful stay. Cheers!

Reviewed 6 May 2019 via mobile

We booked this hotel for our first night at Puerto Princesa. We also contacted the hotel well in advance to arrange a day trip to the Underground River and book transportation to continue to El Nido. They asked for 50 % deposit upfront, which we did. When we checked in that afternoon, they confirm that our tour and the transport was booked and we should be ready by 7 am the next morning. Next day we were at the lobby at 7am as requested, but the van wasn't coming. I started to ask to the reception at what time they were picking us, but I have vague answers like " they are on their way..". Finally, at 8:30 am, a lady who seemed to be the hotel manager explained that due to previous day been Good Friday, all tours that day were cancelled and the tour agencies gave priority to those bookings, that' s why our van was late. I thought that was a fair reason, but then I asked when do they learnt that and she replied that on Friday morning. So, in that case, the hotel should advise us of this issue when we checked in (which they didn't) and we could possibly have a couple of extra hours sleep. They apologised but I told them they were very unprofessional. We were finally taken up around 9 ish by a hotel driver to the permit office, where another driver took us from there to Sabang, where the tour starts. On the way back, it was agreed before hand that the tour driver would drop us at Salvacion and the transport van to El Nido should come with our luggage from the hotel and pick us up there. We called the driver at 3pm and he replied he should be there between 3:30-4pm. By 4:30 pm, we were still waiting and phoned him again. " Yes, I am on my way, I'll be there soon....bla bla bla" Eventually, he turned up around 5:20pm. When I asked why he was giving us all that excuses rather than explaining what was going on, he laughed at me (which really p... me off). I was told later that probably there was misscommunication between the hotel staff and the transport company and that's why we were picked up so late. It really amazed me that the hotel staff cannot do properly even a simple coordination!! My advise, arm yourself of a great deal of patience, ask two or three times if they understood clearly your request (don't assume that they understand everything, ask them to explain back to you!) and factor delays on any plan. I encountered that the "care factor" is generally low or non existent in the whole place...

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 882pedroj

Thank you for giving us the feedback, we apologise for all the inconvenience in your vacation. We have already replaced some of our front officer and the reservations officer. We have a better set of staff that started this July 2019.

We hope we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 15 April 2019

Stayed at his hotel for 2 nights with my husband and 2 boys. It's on a quiet street around 5-10mins from the main street via tricycle. You can have the front desk staff call accredited tricycles to pick you up at the hotel. The hotel is small and quiet, with a pool, a billiard table, lots of trees. The total hotel ambiance was relaxing. The room was huge to my surprise. Free breakfast buffet was ok. The staff were great. Dealing with this hotel was so seamless and hassle free, from booking the room, checking in, to booking tours, to airport transfers and packed breakfast, checking out. The staff are very accommodating and very well trained. I would definitely recommend to friends and come back here when in Puerto Princesa.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for the generous feedback. We are delighted to know that we were able to serve to your satisfaction. We thank you in advance and looking forward in seeing you in the next future.