“Top notch service and food quality.”
Review of Kalui Restaurant

Kalui Restaurant
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2016

This is my second Palawan visit, but my first time dining here. Didn't have the time before to check out this place, but I sure am very glad to have my lunch here on my second visit before my flight back to manila.

We didn't have a table reservation (which apparently is a must when going here, since their tables always gets full) but luckily, there was a vacant one for two. Before you enter the restaurant, you have to remove your shoes/slippers/sandals, or basically your footwear and put it inside their drawers. The reason? The place is like a huge house full of dining tables and wooden floors, who would want to spread dirt all over the beautiful place right? (even the service are all barefoot.)

The restaurant is beautiful, visibly well maintained and very clean. Once settled down, we ordered the "Kalui Special of the Day Set" composed of: Fish Steak, Lobster, Veggies of the Day, Fish Roll in Coco Cream, Rice and Starters. This set is already good for sharing, and costs Php 615.00 (not that affordable, but we have high expectations for the inclusive dishes, that could perhaps suffice the cost).

While waiting for the food to be served, I took the chance to take some photos of the restaurant, which was really spacious. There were art installations, a water fountain, even a store selling souvenir items. They also have dining areas where you can sit on the floor/pillows for a more unique experience.

Before the main course were delivered, starters was served. Its just a small serving of Seaweed salad with Philippine Lime. It was fresh and tasted good.

Then the main course were served. Everything from it were very tasty and I could say that taste-wise, it really did suffice the amount I will have to pay. I specially liked the Fish Roll in Coco Cream more, it wasn't new to me, but their style had a signature taste and kick. Lobster was nice, the fish steak was served from a hot plate, sizzled its way to our plates. Veggies of the day that time was fried eggplant, coated with breading. After everything were done, the restaurant provided a complimentary dessert: mixed fruits in a coconut shell.

I had a full stomach from the set meal and I will definitely be back for more, soon! Even their restrooms are artsy inside too!

Overall 10/10

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a ReviewReviews (2,341)

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

A must when you visit Puerto Princesa. The food was very good specially the lobster dish. And the calamansi and ginger juice was so refreshing.

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Both local and international tourists flock to this unique place, because of its colorful ambiance and good food. We had to make a reservation in advance thru our hotel's concierge to be able to get a table. (A helpful tip which the reviews mentioned)

1  Thank millylosy
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

I love the place! Very Filipino plus the paintings made it more interesting. Taking foot wears before coming inside is truly an etiquette for us Filipinos and you surely will have a fair share of that when you dine at Kalui. Food is fairly affordable and yes! The food is so delicious and the food presentation is beautifully done. Service is superb as well! Kalui is indeed a gem in Puerto Princessa!

1  Thank 728surfgirl
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

Had a fantastic dinner with friends. The food was excellent. Very tasty and good variety. Service was also very good even if the place was packed.

Date of visit: April 2016