“One word describes this place - WONDERFUL”

Hibiscus Garden Inn
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Puerto Princesa
Reviewed August 7, 2016

If anybody follows my reviews, I can be a hard guy to please. This review is so easy to write, because Hibiscus Garden Inn is just perfect. Like - PERFECT. We stayed in March 2016 for 1 night. I wish we could have stayed longer, but we had arrived from El Nido, and were moving on to Cebu the next afternoon.

OK, the details. The staff were extremely friendly and efficient. Checking in and out was a breeze. The room was clean and well furnished, and the air con worked amazingly. The bathroom was spacious and very clean as well. The best part for me was the hammock outside each room. It was so nice to spend a few minutes listening to the birds, relaxing in the hammock, and taking in the serenity of the Hibiscus.
We ate breakfast in the Hibiscus restaurant and the food was tasty and we were well taken care of by the staff.

When it was time to leave, the manager dismissed our tricycle and had a driver bring us to the airport in the hotel van, which was clean with cold air-con. It was such a nice gesture, I know this is their business, but it was just so nice to be appreciated and cared for in our short stay.

We are returning to Cebu in 2017, and I am looking for an excuse to go back to Palawan and return to Hibiscus Garden Inn. It is not often that an establishment surpasses everything I expect and just 'WOWS' me. This place is special.

To all the staff: You are amazing!

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank LostinBohol

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

If I will write all my experiences in this place then it's gonna be a very long one. I will just summarize it with - YES! Visit this place because it is worth the money and if me and my husband will visit Puerto again, we will for sure stay here again.. ❤ ️

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple

*Security --> Good Security
*Friendly Crew --> Yes
*Family Friendly --> Yes
*Large Room --> Yes
*Large and clean barthroom --> YEs, but one good hotel must see and check the toilet fixtures in details. Like, the rusty pipes. Room #6 doesn't have any shower curtain. The shower head is different from the shower head with water heater.
*Good Facilities --> Yes
*Free WiFi --> Yes
*Mobile Phone Signal --> 2 to 3 bar (smrt/glb)
*Cable TV --> Yes, but not using flat screen LED TV
*Water Heater --> Yes, but the electrical wires are badly installed
*Free Toiletries --> Shampoo and soap
*Free Drinking Water --> Yes
*With Refrigerator --> Yes
*Good Food at restaurant/cafe --> average to good, mostly for italian and french food
*No Dining Space --> There is an outdoor dining space with hammock.
*Good Room Service --> Yes, but no telephone in the room and you have to personally inform the front desk of your concerns.
*A quite Ambiance --> YES
*Relaxing Place --> Yes
*You will see lots of Mountain --> No, but large trees and bird's chirping in the morning
*Water Activities --> None
*Group Activities--> Not recommended for large group, the place is peaceful.
*Value for your money --> Yes, a bit cheap but this is the only hotel i know that charges additional 4% if you use credit card. Seriously?

Room Tip: Pick the one near the front desk because there are no telephone inside the room (we stayed at room...
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
3  Thank RAM M
Reviewed June 15, 2016

The inn lived up to all its good reviews. I was able to book directly with the hotel and received a good rate. Airport transfer was included. It is best to call them or email them the day before you arrive just to remind them of the pickup or call them when you arrive. The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport. Breakfast was not included but their breakfasts were reasonably priced. I sent the required 50% deposit via Western Union without issue.The room was clean and comfortable. The A.C. was good. There is a safe in the room. The bed was comfortable. The management is good. It gave prompt responses to all my emails. It arranged and booked us for the Underground River Tour. Our main destination was El Nido so Puerto Princesa was just a stopover. So I figured why not go to the Underground River. I had mixed feelings about it after going. I was not impressed but it still was a pleasant day.You need to book the Underground River a number of weeks in advance. The hotel also booked us a van in advance to go to El Nido.
The hotel grounds are definitely pleasant, peaceful and quiet. Yes, a garden oasis.
Puerto Princesa in itself is not a tourist destination. Overall a good stay.

For a nice dessert or for a quick lunch definitely go to Noki nocs fast food restaurant in town ( 5 minutes from the hotel ). It has very good Halo-Halos. I had the Halo-Halo with ice cream and a hamburger; called the combo. It was very good. The restaurant is well known and is said to have the best Halo Halo on Palawan.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LouBoston
Reviewed June 13, 2016

Me and my husband visited Palawan and I found a good deal in the internet for Hibiscus Garden Inn, It was nice, and very cozy. I love their breakfast too, a proper Filipino breakfast. What I don't like when we were there the electricity was on and off and there were mosquitos also and I hate them because of the dengue scare but overall, we enjoyed our stay, very homie :)

Room Tip: big bed and very homie
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple