All reviews classic room el nido mosquito coils rooms are spacious relaxing place home away from home free airport transfer hot water hotel restaurant reception area tours puerto tricycle palawan kinilaw pp van
Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

If I will write all my experiences in this place then it's gonna be a very long one. I will just summarize it with - YES! Visit this place because it is worth the money and if me and my husband will visit Puerto again, we will for sure stay here again.. ❤ ️

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank totravelsistolive

*Security --> Good Security
*Friendly Crew --> Yes
*Family Friendly --> Yes
*Large Room --> Yes
*Large and clean barthroom --> YEs, but one good hotel must see and check the toilet fixtures in details. Like, the rusty pipes. Room #6 doesn't have any shower curtain. The shower head is different from the shower head with water heater.
*Good Facilities --> Yes
*Free WiFi --> Yes
*Mobile Phone Signal --> 2 to 3 bar (smrt/glb)
*Cable TV --> Yes, but not using flat screen LED TV
*Water Heater --> Yes, but the electrical wires are badly installed
*Free Toiletries --> Shampoo and soap
*Free Drinking Water --> Yes
*With Refrigerator --> Yes
*Good Food at restaurant/cafe --> average to good, mostly for italian and french food
*No Dining Space --> There is an outdoor dining space with hammock.
*Good Room Service --> Yes, but no telephone in the room and you have to personally inform the front desk of your concerns.
*A quite Ambiance --> YES
*Relaxing Place --> Yes
*You will see lots of Mountain --> No, but large trees and bird's chirping in the morning
*Water Activities --> None
*Group Activities--> Not recommended for large group, the place is peaceful.
*Value for your money --> Yes, a bit cheap but this is the only hotel i know that charges additional 4% if you use credit card. Seriously?

Room tip: Pick the one near the front desk because there are no telephone inside the room (we stayed at room #6)
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Ronan M
Reviewed 15 June 2016

The inn lived up to all its good reviews. I was able to book directly with the hotel and received a good rate. Airport transfer was included. It is best to call them or email them the day before you arrive just to remind them of the pickup or call them when you arrive. The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport. Breakfast was not included but their breakfasts were reasonably priced. I sent the required 50% deposit via Western Union without issue.The room was clean and comfortable. The A.C. was good. There is a safe in the room. The bed was comfortable. The management is good. It gave prompt responses to all my emails. It arranged and booked us for the Underground River Tour. Our main destination was El Nido so Puerto Princesa was just a stopover. So I figured why not go to the Underground River. I had mixed feelings about it after going. I was not impressed but it still was a pleasant day.You need to book the Underground River a number of weeks in advance. The hotel also booked us a van in advance to go to El Nido.
The hotel grounds are definitely pleasant, peaceful and quiet. Yes, a garden oasis.
Puerto Princesa in itself is not a tourist destination. Overall a good stay.

For a nice dessert or for a quick lunch definitely go to Noki nocs fast food restaurant in town ( 5 minutes from the hotel ). It has very good Halo-Halos. I had the Halo-Halo with ice cream and a hamburger; called the combo. It was very good. The restaurant is well known and is said to have the best Halo Halo on Palawan.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank LouBoston
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Me and my husband visited Palawan and I found a good deal in the internet for Hibiscus Garden Inn, It was nice, and very cozy. I love their breakfast too, a proper Filipino breakfast. What I don't like when we were there the electricity was on and off and there were mosquitos also and I hate them because of the dengue scare but overall, we enjoyed our stay, very homie :)

Room tip: big bed and very homie
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

Before coming to Puerto Princesa I was torn between splurging in a hotel resort (Sheridan) or getting a hotel near the Underground River (Daluyon). I decided to be practical and chose neither. Hibiscus was the no-brainer choice with a really good price and being #1 on tge list of PP hotels in Tripadvisor. I have no regrets.

The service is excellent. A 10 out of 10. From the moment I emailed them for inquiries about my airport transfer to booking my tours, Arlene has been very prompt and professional in her responses. When I got there, all the staff are very attentive and helpful.

The rooms are very basic but clean. And since you didn't go to Palawan to stay in your hotel room, it is not a problem.

The garden in itself is very well kept. The hammocks are very comfortable and if you just put on Off lotion to keep away the pesky mosquitos, it's a good place to hang and chill. In the evening when all the lights are on, it give a rather charming atmosphere.

The restaurant staff are just as attentive. Food is good and their fruit shakes are addicting.

I will book a room here again when I go back to Puerto Princesa.

Date of stay: June 2016