All reviews halo halo deluxe room few ants souvenir shops security guard brewed coffee el nido town ceiling fan tour resort wifi cottage philippines tricycle
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 November 2019 via mobile

We booked the Jessica room just at the side of the restaurant and adjacent to the kids play area. What a great choice for looking onto the beach and harbour.
Just 20 steps onto the beach and some great places to eat. The other option is 20 steps to the shop side with an abundance of shops bars and restaurants.
Reception were very helpful and clear about cleaning, breakfast and tours when we booked in.
The room is tastefully decorated and has a feel of being in a dolls house/candy store.
We are on a tour of the Philippines and would have loved more time at this resort.
The only negative is the hard bed mattress.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2019

MaryGold is very conveniently located to everything you need in El Nido town and beautifully located on the beachfront. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 14 November 2019

I see negative reviews by people who I suppose want a fancy resort. The heck with that. Simple room. Step out of the room, and you’re on the beach, right we’re the restaurants and bars begin. Sleep in the room, be out all the rest of the time.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

For what you pay for in this place is not worth it. Yes, you have a nice view and the beach is right in front but cannot swim in it. So what is the point? I would rather spend the money in a resort like in Lio beach. Here’s my reasons:

The deluxe room with partial view of the sea is crammed with furnitures! It’s not even big enough for two people.
Shower is pathetic. The shower tap just trickles and no hot water, more like lukewarm. And pokey bathroom.
Bed is very firm and same with the pillows.
No coffee or tea making facilities. We had to borrow an electric jug from the reception.
AC and ceiling fan works well. Thank goodness for that!
Location is excellent, walking distance to just about everything.
Here is the thing that amuses me. I asked them to clean our room. We were asked to sign a ‘ Room Cleaning Waiver’ form, that if something goes missing it’s our fault. Now, why would I sign this stupid form? I’ve been all over the world and this is the first time ever that I’ve been asked to sign s cleaning form. What this means is that the workers here cannot be trusted.
So, would I recommend this place? Definitely not.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ging2013
Reviewed 30 August 2019

We definitely like the place for its premium place on the beachfront among trees. However, despite an early booking, we got a bad room (#4) for all of our 5 days stay. There was barely daylight coming in due to a huge wall in front of the window. The room was small and very noisy due to the staff quarters nearby and a communication door to room #5.
Staff were nice and breakfast OK.

Date of stay: August 2019