All reviews halo halo deluxe room few ants souvenir shops security guard brewed coffee el nido town ceiling fan tour resort wifi cottage philippines tricycle
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2019

I see negative reviews by people who I suppose want a fancy resort. The heck with that. Simple room. Step out of the room, and you’re on the beach, right we’re the restaurants and bars begin. Sleep in the room, be out all the rest of the time.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2019 via mobile

For what you pay for in this place is not worth it. Yes, you have a nice view and the beach is right in front but cannot swim in it. So what is the point? I would rather spend the money in a resort like in Lio beach. Here’s my reasons:

The deluxe room with partial view of the sea is crammed with furnitures! It’s not even big enough for two people.
Shower is pathetic. The shower tap just trickles and no hot water, more like lukewarm. And pokey bathroom.
Bed is very firm and same with the pillows.
No coffee or tea making facilities. We had to borrow an electric jug from the reception.
AC and ceiling fan works well. Thank goodness for that!
Location is excellent, walking distance to just about everything.
Here is the thing that amuses me. I asked them to clean our room. We were asked to sign a ‘ Room Cleaning Waiver’ form, that if something goes missing it’s our fault. Now, why would I sign this stupid form? I’ve been all over the world and this is the first time ever that I’ve been asked to sign s cleaning form. What this means is that the workers here cannot be trusted.
So, would I recommend this place? Definitely not.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ging2013
Reviewed 30 August 2019

We definitely like the place for its premium place on the beachfront among trees. However, despite an early booking, we got a bad room (#4) for all of our 5 days stay. There was barely daylight coming in due to a huge wall in front of the window. The room was small and very noisy due to the staff quarters nearby and a communication door to room #5.
Staff were nice and breakfast OK.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Jean R
Reviewed 30 July 2019

Stayed here with my wife and 2 kids. Perfect location on the beach !! ..Friendly staff , lovely relaxing interior design of the cottage , good airco and fan..
We would book here again in a heartbeat !!..

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Carl W
Reviewed 23 July 2019

The room was quite small, and the color was a bit tacky. The bed looks clean but when we laid down on it it had bits of sand here and there. They have cable, but almost non-existent wifi. We could only use wifi at 3am when everyone was asleep. Their breakfast was good. After breakfast, though, they only serve burgers.

We're not happy with the staff for the following reasons:
1. They informed us that someone from the restaurant (let's just call it that, but it's really just a hut) will go to us the night before to get our orders for breakfast the next day. From day 1 to 3, no one did. We told about it on the last day but no one still came.
2. We had to do early checkout (like 4:30am) for the van to Puerto Princesa. Though we informed them of this the night before, having our paid breakfast packed already, the morning of our departure, there was NO ONE to in the reception and no packed breakfast. Fortunately for them we paid the night before so we just went out.
3. Their security guard was new, and so whenever we asked help from him (ex. help us hail a tricycle), he just said he was new.
*Though to be fair other than these, they were nice and easy to talk to. It's just that there's a lack of coordination among them.

However, despite all these, they have GREAT location. There was a storm that cancelled 2 days of tours. Since Marygold is a beachfront inn, you can go straight to the beach from your room. You can also eat in other restaurants nearby along the beach. They have VERY GOOD location. They're quite fortunate in that aspect.

Date of stay: July 2019