Lowest prices for your stay
US$496
Hotels.com
US$496
Agoda.com
US$350
Trip.comUS$361
Booking.comUS$428
PricelineUS$412
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2019 via mobile

I will NEVER recommend this resort!
Although this resort is beautiful with a very friendly staff, it’s management and especially the owner(s) are very unaccommodating, unreasonable, and greedy. I booked 4 rooms for 3 nights for my family almost costing me $4000USD. Due to strong winds and waves, the Philippine Coast Guard prohibited all boating operations on the day we were supposed to check in. Due to these unforeseen changes with our transportation, not all of my family could make it. So we did not utilize 1 out of 4 rooms and we missed out on 1 night in each 3 rooms used. I’ve pleaded with management and hotels.com (where I made my reservations) for a refund on the room and nights not used (at no fault of our own). However, both have been refusing to honor any form of reimbursement or refund. Neither provide any form of customer protection especially for changes that are outside of their control. Poor customer service all around.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
7  Thank MaiC18
Reviewed 6 September 2019

We loved our 10 days on the Island, no kids ruining it , no bogans, no drunks, private and lovely.
Bring your own wine, love that idea.
We snorkeled and hired an outrigger for the day.
Recommend it highly, worth the dollars.
Lovely people running the resort daily.

Date of stay: December 2018
2  Thank caramia2016
FOM0315, Front Office Manager at Matinloc Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2019

Dear Caramia2016,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction is our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Jayson Guilalas
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 8 July 2019

The Matinloc Island Resort is Paradise! It is absolutely beautiful and breathtaking here. While it may be a bit pricey, it is well worth your money as the staff is super friendly and attentive and the accommodations are second to none. The mountain villa we stayed in had a loft and we got the opportunity to see some Palawan Macaques (monkeys) on a few occasions. We came at the start of the rainy season (in late June) so it felt like we were the only family on the island for days. We didn't even have any pest issues and the resort is absolutely pristine. The staff are the absolute best and do everything to make you feel welcomed and at home, just the nicest people in the world and the epitome of Filipino hospitality! The restaurant offers a free breakfast with your stay but they also offer some great dining options for lunch, dinner, or even a snack. There's a family room and library with board games and puzzles (which we utilized during a rainy day), and they offer private island hopping tours (with a feast of a lunch) on one of El Nido's beautiful island beaches. Recommend you bring snacks to eat (or alcohol, if you need that) since they promote a healthy lifestyle on the island and they don't offer alcoholic beverages, unless you plan on leaving the island during your stay to go into the town of El Nido--which is about a 25-30 minute boat ride from Matinloc. If I could give this place 10 stars I would! Come to Palawan, which is more pristine and more affordable than places like Hawaii or Tahiti or Bora Bora (which are even more expensive and over-commercialized). If we ever have a chance to return to the Palawan Islands, I wouldn't hesitate to come back to Matinloc Resort. In fact, it's the only place I'd come back to! It's the only place I'd recommend to my family and friends!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
FOM0315, Front Office Manager at Matinloc Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2019

Dear J S,

Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are glad that you and family loved our services, our dedicated staff will be pleased to learn of your high praise. They work very diligently and it will provide them with great encouragement to keep doing what they are doing. We take pride in giving outstanding service every customer and we're overjoyed to receive your compliments and appreciation.

We are excited to welcome you back in the future and please bring all your friends and family. We will ensure they all enjoy the same quality of service as you have. :)

Don Dueñas
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2019

The crew is very nice they know how to take care from the port to island the i love the pool as well, i enjoy their food, and island hoping, the house keeping is very accommodating in my special request.

Date of stay: June 2018
Don_Duenas, Front Office Manager at Matinloc Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2019

Dear LMRJR,

It was a pleasure to serve you. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. I'm glad you felt satisfied with our service and enjoyed our facilities and food as well.
We hope you will come back soon!

Reviewed 8 May 2019 via mobile

What a beautiful location and a wonderful resort. I loved the accommodations and the staff. The on-site restaurant was not as bad as other reviews. The location, scenery, and surroundings were so beautiful and relaxing. We absolutely loved it!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear rdaily,

It was a pleasure to serve you. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We're happy that you're happy, and we're looking forward to your next visit.
We hope you will come back soon!

Don