Lowest prices for your stay
US$496
Hotels.com
US$496
Priceline
US$412
Booking.comUS$428
Orbitz.comUS$496
TravelocityUS$496
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 May 2019 via mobile

What a beautiful location and a wonderful resort. I loved the accommodations and the staff. The on-site restaurant was not as bad as other reviews. The location, scenery, and surroundings were so beautiful and relaxing. We absolutely loved it!!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Don_Duenas, Front Office Manager at Matinloc Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2019

Dear rdaily,

It was a pleasure to serve you. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We're happy that you're happy, and we're looking forward to your next visit.
We hope you will come back soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2019

My husband and I stayed on Matinloc island at this resort for three days and had a wonderful time.

Getting to and from the resort was a breeze with their transportation options, which was extremely useful. I would consider us to be savvy travelers and even we would have had a hard time working it out without the resort's accommodations for that.

The only CON about this place is that they do not serve alcohol, although they are very helpful in suggesting where you can purchase alcohol in town and getting it beforehand to bring with you. They also can hold your alcohol in the dining room and keep it cool, and there is always someone available to bring it to you ice cold and in the proper glass.

The location is breathtaking, absolutely beautiful with a view unlike anything I'd ever seen. My husband and I opted for two separate half day tours - the cave tour and the lagoon tour. Our tour guide for the lagoon tour, Theo was SO wonderful. He really took the time to show us around and visited locations in an order in which he knew the crowds would have already dispersed, so we had many of the gorgeous places to ourselves which we REALLY appreciated. For the caves tour, we had Marc, and he was a wonderful guide as well. Both of them doubled as a photographer, and took gorgeous photos for us - which we greatly appreciated.

I see a lot of negative reviews about the dining options, but quite honestly, we were impressed. I'm a vegetarian and they really went out of their way to accommodate for me - even if it meant going off menu. They seemed really eager to create something delicious for me at every meal. The breakfast buffet was tasty as well, with both Filipino traditional cuisines and plenty of American breakfast options. They were also really nice about the extra bread I stole to take out to the dock and feed the fish.

I wanted to give an extra special thank you to the staff who waited on us, Theo for showing us around (both on his tour, and off, at the resort), the chef's who were kind enough to accommodate my vegetarian preferences, and the maids who kept our room in constant perfection.

We had a really nice experience at this place - the little oasis away from everything and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to cast off to their very own deserted island for a few days. (Don't worry - the wifi is great, so you don't have to totally disconnect!) I would say three days was the perfect stay for us and I would be happy to go back anytime, weather permitting.

Room tip: they have a tree-house room, a room overlooking the bluffs, or a quiet beachside getaway
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica P

Dear Jessica P,

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are glad that you and your husband loved our services, our dedicated staff will be pleased to learn of your high praise and I will definitely pass this on to our tour guide Theo, Mark and the chef's who prepared your delicious meals. They work very diligently and it will provide them with great encouragement to keep doing what they are doing.

We're happy that you're happy, and we're looking forward to your next visit. We hope you'll come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2019 via mobile

Pros
Good location and generally very friendly staff.

Room was nice, good size and good A/C.

Great beach and the two pools are really lovely.

Comfortable sun loungers and good poolside service and beach towels.

Cons
No alcohol served or sold in this resort - not a problem, but a consideration.

Very poor dinner food quality and selection. This is a major issue as you cannot go elsewhere!!

Rude staff at check out (when I complained about the total lack of cold water in the room). I was simply making a valid complaint and was made to feel like I was being unread.

Summary

Nice enough place. Management need to learn how to deal with basic complaints/criticism. Restaurant needs to be better or this place will fold.

There are better options around for this price point. I’d give it 2.5/5 if I could.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank HL0011

Dear HL0011,

It was a pleasure to serve you. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We've taken your thoughts to heart and we're planning on making some internal changes based on your feedback.

We hope you will come back soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2019

Flight was cancelled and Management made no effort or allowance to provide any assistance or accommodation. I placed several emails and phone calls to the resort to look for a solution not to forfiet $2843 for a 3 night stay. (same rooms sells for $220/night) They were not willing to reschedule or provide any reimbursement what so ever. Hotel had vacant rooms and was charging highest possible rates. You decide if this is the type of business you want to give your money to

Date of stay: February 2019
9  Thank Gerald D

Dear Gerald D,

We're extremely sorry that you had to face such difficulties, problems in customer service are not something we are known for. As you can see from our other reviews, we pride ourselves in providing great customer service and we'd like to do the same for you. We may not be able to provide your request that is beyond our limitation, but if you give us a chance we will completely make it up to you.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at dduenas@matinloc.com should you require my personal assistance.

Reviewed 6 March 2019 via mobile

Amazing room and food not so good. But the service is pretty nice. The outstanding experience on that was our private boat tour. All service and the guide, Ronald Areglo, was great! The lunchtime on a hidden beach was incredible and all attention with our security and availability to take photos all the time was the best. Tks for this time together!
Pay attention in the limited time to leave and arrive on Matinloc island. It's not possible to have any transfer after 17h. So, if you want to know the night life in downtown, you must reserve at least one night in another place there.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear rogeriog270,

Thank you very much for your balanced and fair review of Matinloc Resort. I'm glad you felt delighted with our services and I will definitely pass this on to our tour guide Ronald that was well done. It's something we've worked hard on and we're pleased our efforts resonated with you.

I also want to thank you for your feedback. We've taken your thoughts to heart and we're planning on making some internal changes based on your recommendations.

I appreciate your kind words and professional demeanor and look forward to welcoming you back here in the future.