Lowest prices for your stay
$46
Free cancellation until 10/08/22
Priceline$55
Hotels.com$46
Trip.com$47
All reviews private room pancakes movie night bbq night common areas washing machine egg station bunk beds beer pong large lockers meet new friends place to stay free breakfast buffet style enjoyed my stay rice island hopping
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2022

I booked my stay online through their website which was easy to navigate and making a reservation was a breeze. Front office/ concierge service and assistance was excellent from day 1. The place is within the El Nido Poblacion/ town but not too noisy - everything in town is just a short walk away. The room I stayed in (4 pax sharing M/F) has windows looking out into the garden. I travelled solo and the nightly socials made it very easy to meet fellow local and foreign travelers to swap stories, join up for DIY trips to explore non-tour beaches, scooter ride around the northern part of the island where we were able to hire a boat to an island and snorkel around a shipwreck (5-15 feet down). Ritchie from the Front Office/ Concierge knows where the best places are to eat at, to chill and hangout in, to explore off the beaten path places and keep you updated on upcoming in-hostel socials - make sure to do the Karaoke Night (prep your songlist)! I originally booked my stay for 9 days but ended up staying a total 20 days - extended my stay twice ! =)

Room tip: *Get a room at ground level more convenient
Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank JonathanOgit
Reviewed July 19, 2022

It was my first time solo travelling and I chose Spin because It was recommended to me by a friend— and it didn’t disappoint!

The rooms are clean and spacious and affordable! It is not only for backpackers or solo travellers, it’s a family friendly hostel too. Buffet breakfast was included in the package so I never had to worry about what to eat for breakfast.

What made my stay memorable was the kindness and friendliness of all the staff. They truly made me feel like I’m part of their family. They wear their smiles all day! I liked that they had activities for guest every night such as bbq nights, karaoke night, and even movie night!

I only wish I had more time to spend but I can’t wait til I’m back. I 100% recommend Spin to be your home while you’re in El Nido!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2022 via mobile

I love the design of this hostel, very cozy and chill vibes ambience. Clean facilities (they clean the room once in awhile) I'm very particular to cleanliness and good thing I booked this hostel for 2 nights! It didn't fail my expectations. What you see is what you get from the pictures and others' reviews. They have excellent customer service from staff! (Shoutout to Kert, Claire and the one who cooks eggs for breakfast - I forgot his name tho!) Affordable yet you've got everything you need in one sitting! Sumptuous free buffet breakfast included. I also love their menu, food was great with big servings! We've tried almost everything. Curry and Quesadilla are my favorites! Will come back for more! Thank you Spin Hostel for my enjoyable vacation! Worth the price!

Room tip: Near the bars! 5-10mins walk!
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2022

The entire experience for me in Spin was above average. There were good points and bad points to raise in this hostel. The room there was clean when we first enter, the A/C unit in our room perfectly cooled us well. Our room was well lit too, they have mood lights too which is personally a plus as I like it when I sleep. The nesting/common living area has great interiors which make it Instagram-worthy. Good WiFi connectivity but needs to reconnect again once in a while when you’re inactive. Good food served as well, I like their everyday breakfast a lot, they served fruits and have an egg station too! For dinner/lunch, they serve great food too at a reasonable price, food served was surprisingly at a huge portion and palatable. The location is not within the beach vicinity but, for me, that was okay as it made us walk and check other places to explore within the streets, easy access to restaurants, bars, etc. Good customer service, very accommodating and friendly staff. For the areas that I feel need to be improved… they do not immediately change the linens in our room after day 2 of our stay - not sure about their SOP for this, perhaps that was their standard, although you can always request to change for it. Bathroom locks are broken, and there was no available soap in the room, their water appears to be yellow which at first I gave the benefit of the doubt as this could be the natural water appearance here in El Nido. However, I was able to confirm the difference when we moved to another hotel accommodation which made us realize that their water source could be unsanitary. The linens in their nesting/living area seemed to be unchanged more often it feels physically tacky. I just hope that they could address things that need to be improved stated above. I still would recommend this place to stay as a budget-friendly hostel - an "A-OK" here in El Nido as it gets the upper hand over personally to me.

Room tip: Choose rooms on the west wing part as the rooms there are better compare to the ones in the east part.
Reviewed June 29, 2022

Most friendly and helpful staff. The place is great and the bamboo design at the lobby stairs is very instagrammable. It is always kept clean. The single bed is so comfy and it can actually fit two people. Great value for your money as they also offer free breakfast for your stay. Breakfast is simple but it has everything you need in the morning, Coffee, Tea, Egg, Rice, Bread, Butter, Jam and Pancake. They have free Wifi. And it is close to downtown. Around 5-10mins walk to tour boats. They have washing machine that you can use anytime. Spin Hostel feels like you are in your own home. I felt like the staff and other guests are my family. I highly recommend this place and will definitely go back and stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family