Lowest prices for your stay
$41
Free cancellation until 08/20/22
Priceline$37
Travelocity$37
Hotels.com$37
All reviews private room pancakes movie night washing machine egg station bunk beds large lockers common areas are place to stay free breakfast enjoyed my stay rice wifi tours backpackers vibes laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2022

The entire experience for me in Spin was above average. There were good points and bad points to raise in this hostel. The room there was clean when we first enter, the A/C unit in our room perfectly cooled us well. Our room was well lit too, they have mood lights too which is personally a plus as I like it when I sleep. The nesting/common living area has great interiors which make it Instagram-worthy. Good WiFi connectivity but needs to reconnect again once in a while when you’re inactive. Good food served as well, I like their everyday breakfast a lot, they served fruits and have an egg station too! For dinner/lunch, they serve great food too at a reasonable price, food served was surprisingly at a huge portion and palatable. The location is not within the beach vicinity but, for me, that was okay as it made us walk and check other places to explore within the streets, easy access to restaurants, bars, etc. Good customer service, very accommodating and friendly staff. For the areas that I feel need to be improved… they do not immediately change the linens in our room after day 2 of our stay - not sure about their SOP for this, perhaps that was their standard, although you can always request to change for it. Bathroom locks are broken, and there was no available soap in the room, their water appears to be yellow which at first I gave the benefit of the doubt as this could be the natural water appearance here in El Nido. However, I was able to confirm the difference when we moved to another hotel accommodation which made us realize that their water source could be unsanitary. The linens in their nesting/living area seemed to be unchanged more often it feels physically tacky. I just hope that they could address things that need to be improved stated above. I still would recommend this place to stay as a budget-friendly hostel - an "A-OK" here in El Nido as it gets the upper hand over personally to me.

Room tip: Choose rooms on the west wing part as the rooms there are better compare to the ones in the east part.
Reviewed June 29, 2022

Most friendly and helpful staff. The place is great and the bamboo design at the lobby stairs is very instagrammable. It is always kept clean. The single bed is so comfy and it can actually fit two people. Great value for your money as they also offer free breakfast for your stay. Breakfast is simple but it has everything you need in the morning, Coffee, Tea, Egg, Rice, Bread, Butter, Jam and Pancake. They have free Wifi. And it is close to downtown. Around 5-10mins walk to tour boats. They have washing machine that you can use anytime. Spin Hostel feels like you are in your own home. I felt like the staff and other guests are my family. I highly recommend this place and will definitely go back and stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2022

A few good things about this hostel, location is great and close to all amenities, staff were super friendly and very helpful with trips and advice on local area. Breakfast was pretty good and there variety each day. WiFi connection is good throughout the hostel. A/C in my room was decent.

Now the bad things...

When I arrived there was vomit on the decking near my room. This wasn't cleaned for the duration of my stay (6 days), visible and smelling from hall way.

There was no hand soap or sanitiser available to wash hands in bathrooms. This makes the entire hostel feel dirty. As no guests are able to clean hands after using toilet. The nearest hand sanitiser available was in the bar area.

Water from sinks appears yellow and made me unwell for 3 days after brushing my teeth with it once (before realising how unsanitary it was). I didn't even have to swallow the water for it to make me unwell.

Another guest checked out and housekeeping came to "clean the room" I watched him simply make the bed and not change the sheets or towel. Leaving dirty bedding for the next guest.

There is no swimming pool or area to sunbath/ hangout in the sun. They have an undercover outside area which seems to be infested with bugs. I was bitten probably over 30 times in the space of 15mins sitting in this area.

I'm not a fan of leaving negative/ harsh reviews, but with the rating of this place being so high I thought it best to bring light to how unsanitary the place appears to be.

My advice would be to avoid this place and stay at another local hostel.

1  Thank Dr-Aussie101
Reviewed June 16, 2022 via mobile

This is a good budget hotel choice in El Nido. Highly recommended for those who wants value for money service and overall stay.

Its a really charming hotel in the center of El Nido town which is very accessible to almost all the places activities, tours, restaurants, bars and others.

Staff are really friendly and accommodating. Can't say anything negative from the service they've provided. It was overall a great experience whenever you are in El Nido.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2022 via mobile

This has been one of the best hostels where I have stayed, not just because is Beautiful and Conformable, the people who work here is so nice and genuinely Helpful, Thank you Ritchie for you great attitude every day, Sheena, Claire, Jun and Sir Don, The manager was always taking care of the details, I really really enjoyed my stay here, the breakfast is delicious and fresh, the rooms have enough space and the beds are totally comfortable, the common area big enough, If you go to El Nido Definitely is your best option!

Date of stay: May 2022