“Cheap price, good place to stay.”

Citrine Tourist Travel Lodge
Ranked #67 of 118 Specialty Lodging in El Nido
Reviewed October 13, 2017

We had three rooms in this place. All the beds were double and were relatively comfortable. There was air conditioning, a fan, good tv service as well as a pretty decent bathroom (bear in mind that the water heating is solar powered.) The staff were very friendly and the lobby was kept clean. They were very helpful when we were trying to organise the vans and a trip to nacpan beach as well.

It is easy to get to the town centre, maybe a 5 minute tricyle ride. Unfortunately we did not get good views, but for a decent price, we didn't mind. And there was more to see during the tours anyway.

I did find the room decor a little garish. Bright yellow walls in quite a poorly lit room, but this is all bearable. There is wifi, but you'll be lucky to get a decent connection.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family

Reviewed September 29, 2017

I like the location. it's some ways off el nido beach, which for me was fine because downtown can get really crowded. it's a good place to recharge after a tiring day doing the island hopping tours. There are still a few restaurants and convenience stores within walking distance.The room was clean, if a bit on the small side. our room had a balcony to dry your clothes, but it didn't have a good view because it was right next to another hotel. The staff was friendly and offered their own island hopping tours. The internet connection was slow, but that's to be expected; El Nido being far from the city center. Overall, it's good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Citrine is a nice place to stay if you are like me, looking for the 4 C's, Clean, Cool, Courteous, and Convenient. The lodge is right next door to the owners so its almost an extension of their own house. The family room we stayed in was nice and cool, it was on the roof top, we had a spectacular view and we could dry our clothes. The staff were extremely friendly, especially Ms. Buen, she was very courteous, helpful, and funny, I am very particular about customer service oriented establishments, and Citrine is all that. Its also convenient coz its in front of a motorbike rental, pharmacy and mini mart stores and restaurants. I would recommend anybody to stay here, its also very affordable.Thank you Citrine for the very warm welcome, you made our stay very memorable.

Room Tip: Stay on roof top rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

The staff are lovely but there aren't any lovely sea views and a bit of a concrete jungle. They booked my tours and van and allowed me to pay for everything by credit card which was useful. I booked a 4pm van which didn't leave El Nido until 6pm - I wish it had been made clear that it wasn't a guaranteed departure time because it meant I arrived in Puerto Princessa at midnight rather than 9pm, hungry, tired and consequently paying to spend 5 1/2hrs in a hotel room after the restaurant had closed.

Sheets are very tired and you can't open your curtains so it's a bit of a cage but it's clean and made up with fresh towels every day. My understanding is that everything in El Nido is grossly overpriced but Tricycles are cheap.

There is no wifi. At best it's intermittent and very poor in the lobby.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

First of all it started at the booking of this hotel which I did a month in advance. I found out that all the Hotels/Hostels in El Nido are expensive and the average service is poor, but they know people will come to Palawan any way so they don't care.

At this hotel I had to pay right away which is fine, but I noticed a double payment when I checked my bank account, I contacted the Hotel but they didn't want to help me. So I tried Booking.com, but neither they wanted to help me out.

Once I got at the hotel they gave me 2 rooms, and I try to explain it again, but they said no.

So I went to the room try to figure out what to do next, but no signal on the phone because its quite far from the centre and there is NO WiFi at all in the ENTIRE Hotel.

Room is not properly cleaned, hairs everywhere and don't look under the beds! Water is not drinkable and only heated when the sun shines (solar powered). Most disgusting of all, every time when you return to your room there like 20/30 flies on your window curtains.

After trying one more time to ask if they could sell the room, they finally cooperated and got most of my money back of the double booking.

So, if you're interested in staying at El Nido, do your research and make sure you book on time!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple