Lowest prices for your stay
$443
Trip.com
$484
Agoda.com
$396
Booking.com$472
Travelocity$443
Hotels.com$443
All reviews speedboat tour chef's specials unobstructed view bacuit bay josephine bong crew sunset snorkel
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2021 via mobile

Vellago Resort is amazing. The location is stunning, the resort is beautiful and the staff are wonderful.
A special thank you to Josephine, Herwin and all the staff for your attention to detail and excellent service. You made this an unforgettable experience.
I would recommend a massage one of the best we have had.
The full day speedboat tour with Captain Bong was fantastic who cooked us the most awesome BBQ on our very own beach!
We can not wait to come back

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank stevewA8896CJ
Reviewed March 19, 2021

Best resort’s ever the place is very relaxing, people are so accomodating and very friendly! I will surely comeback thank you vellago resorts 5 ⭐️ for me.

I surely recommend this place because it’s worth it!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Traveled with family
Thomas Puaschitz, Owner at Vellago Resort - Adults only, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2021

Dear Arjane, thank you so much for your review. It was indeed a pleasure, having you with us. In addition to that, you were the first guest after the closure which meant a lot for us. Hope to see you again

Reviewed July 5, 2020 via mobile

We cant recommend this place enough..

We chose to stay here for our honeymoon in March and it was everything we hoped and dreamed it would be.

We were thoroughly spoilt by staff, the second we stepped foot off the boat, they make you feel like you are the only people at the resort. Every little detail you could possibly think of was taken care of, you wanted for nothing.

We stayed in the beach villa, jaw droppingly beautiful. The villa had such a wow factor with the most breath taking views and stunning decor. It was the most perfect romantic spot.

You are in for a treat when they serve you breakfast to your room. I’ve never seen anything like it.

The staff are spectacular, so friendly and lovely. The owners are amazing people and they will look after you with whatever you need.

The food is incredible too and the romantic dinner on the beach is a must.

You leave feeling rejuvenated. We can’t recommend Vellago Resort enough. It really is a special place.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2020

We were lucky enough to make it to El Nino in the Spring before the world changed. This is an absolutely stunning location which exceeded our expectations. Its a boutique hotel with only about 6 rooms so everything is so personalised. The staff are truly amazing and really can't do enough. They make such a special effort each and every day. It was my birthday and they went above and beyond creating exceptional dining experiences on our balcony and on the beach. The El Nino tours around the lagoons and islands are something we will never forget. I would highly recommend this resort if you want a relaxing vacation in a unique and bespoke setting. Hopefully we will get back some day. Thanks to all the amazing team for an unforgettable experience.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank CKAbbott
Reviewed March 27, 2020

Long overdue review for Vellago and its wonderful staff! I had prepared to propose to my girlfriend a couple months prior, and contacted the Vellago staff to check if that would be possible. I had booked the beach side romantic dinner for sunset and placed a small deposit months prior to hold the reservation. I was a bit nervous wiring money overseas, but can confirm that they are a legit resort with professional staff! Note we did not stay at the resort, only for the romantic dinner package.

Getting to the resort on Seven Commando Islands is a small trek. About a 15 minute boat ride from shore and expect some choppy waters. The boatman was contracted by Vellago, and was on-time for our pick up and drop off.

After arriving onto Vellago Resort, we were greeted by the staff and offered some refreshments while they were still setting up. They were a tad bit delayed in setting up and forgot about my flower arrangement in lieu of champagne, but their amazing service made up for it!

Throughout my proposal, the staff was kind enough to take photos and videos for us on our GoPro and phone. The set up was amazing!!! Everything was perfect with how the dinner set up was arranged. We were lucky there were probably only 1-2 other people there at the same time, and it truly felt like a private experience. The staff was even kind enough to ask for any playlist or songs I'd like to hear during our dinner.

The 3-course meal was quite yummy and staff was attentive throughout the whole dinner. As the waves started washing onto shore where our dinner was set up, they promptly had a crew of people start building a sand moat to block out the water from washing up. Amazing!

We even returned the next day to Seven Commandos Island (part of our island hopping tour booked through a separate agency), and we were greeted warmly by the staff and given a tour of their honeymoon suites!

Special shoutout to our host, Herwin, who made our experience an unforgettable one with his amazing service! :)

I would definitely recommend their romantic dinner package for any special occasion you may want to have with your loved one.

Many thanks again to all of the Vellago staff who made our marriage proposal a success and fairytale story to tell for years to come!

With warmest regards,