“Rainforest Beach Hotel, a Beachfront Accommodation in El Nido”

Rainforest Beach Hotel
Ranked #86 of 93 El Nido B&B and Inns
Pasig, Philippines
“Rainforest Beach Hotel, a Beachfront Accommodation in El Nido”
Reviewed March 13, 2016

Rainforest Beach Hotel is a family-owned hotel in El Nido offering comfortable accommodations in a reasonable price. It is strategically located in the town center. It is also located beachfront making it an excellent location for those who want to be close to the beach.

We stayed at the hotel for three nights. We had two Deluxe Family Rooms for our group. But if you'll be staying here, choose the Deluxe Beachfront. It has a veranda with Jacuzzi that I've found very adoring.

The Deluxe Family Room can comfortably fit up to four persons. It has one queen size bed and a single bed with pull out bed. Our rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. The bathrooms were tidy and nice. What was only missing was the TV. One of our rooms didn't have one so I asked the hotel staff if we could be transferred to a room with a TV. We were told that they could put a TV instead to our room by requesting it to the reception area. I suddenly felt lazy going down to the lobby to ask and thought that we wouldn't be watching anyway, so I just forgone about it and let our room without having a TV.

Stayed November 2015
2 Thank marxtermind

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
Surrey BC
Reviewed March 11, 2016

WARNING! DON'T STAY AT THIS DISGUSTING HOLE! this is the worst hotel experience I have ever had! the rooms look okay but nothing works. the air con is noisy, The toilet has to be flushed with a bucket of water because they don't flush, no water pressure in the shower and when you fill the "spa tub" the water is yellow and looks like urine so who would want to shower or bathe in that water anyway. the staff is exceptionally rude and unhelpful, they treat the lobby like it is their living room, the old man sleeps there and eats there. And do not take a room near the lobby as the staff talk non stop throughout the night, music thumps from the street until 2:00 am and there are windows into the rooms from the lobby which keeps the rooms lit all night. SKIP THIS HOTEL! IT IS DISGUSTING!!

Room Tip: Skip it altogether, horrible place but if you have to stay here, don't stay near the lobby!
  • Stayed February 2016, traveled with family
7 Thank BarbaraSurreyBC

Travelers are raving about these El Nido hotels

Cavite City, Philippines
Reviewed March 6, 2016

We stayed at this hotel for 5 days since it was a beachfront location, the room size was ok, restroom had a big window shared by the other room's restroom, there are also times when water coming out of the faucet smelled like fish. It takes quite a while before they serve breakfast. Water and coffee are free. Aircon is working all of the time with a nice beach front view. The not so good about this place is that the management do not properly train their staff on the safety of their guest. When we returned from our island hopping tour around 6:30pm, we noticed a small amount of money was gone, both my bag and my husband's wallet was inside our luggage with padlock, since we were on a tour our money was well accounted for and we never bought anything yet and I had loose change on my small wallet though. I had my luggage's padlock with me the entire day except for the room key which was left at the reception area as this was the hotel's policy. Before we left the hotel for dinner, I managed to get some cash and to my surprise my money was now missing 3000 pesos, and my husbands wallet was missing 1000 pesos. Before we left in the morning my bag had 9 pieces of 1000 pesos while my husband's wallet had 5 pieces of 1000 pesos, I immediately reported the incident to our travel agency, I wasn't able to talk to the hotel manager since she was already gone for the day, so we waited until tomorrow. I also learned from one of the hotel staff that we were not the only guest who complained about lost belongings. I talked to the manager/ hotel owner the next morning and was advised that she will try to investigate the issue, we were then advised by our agency to report it to the nearest police station and told us that she will also try to settle the incident with the owner. It took almost 3 hours for the police to investigate and since the hotel do not have any CCTV camera's, the police just advised to settle the incident with the owner, we talked to the owner again and told her that this was our first time to encounter such experience, at the end the owner just handed back the lost amount and apologizes for the inconvenience it caused us.

Stayed December 2015
Reviewed February 9, 2016

Attention to the owner , you are wasting your money in poor quality of customer service. Your staff always watch TV , Smoke in front of guest , And just don'r care whatever they are doing. Bed , pillows are dirty. Water is awful smells like clorox and it bubbles when you open it. Airconditioning in room 6 is a waste in money. No security. Front door is open to outsiders. Front desk is at the back which is stupid. Staff don't care abiut guest. An example is , food around the area is just too expensive that you just close your eyes regarding the prices because you are hungry. If they just suggest restos that are affordable. I don' know why this hotel is still operating. I won't recommend this to anyone. If the owner change all of the staff , clean all rooms , buy new airconditioning , hire a security guard and just teach people how to care about guests. I would consider changing my rating to a 4.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
El Nido, Philippines
Reviewed February 6, 2016

The hotel could not honour our booking due to double booking, but instead of apologizing and trying to solve the situation they put the blame on us and the booking agent. Management was condescending and rude. Avoid this hotel at all cost.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all cost
  • Stayed February 2016, traveled as a couple