“Got Hospitalized Because of Eating Shrimp”
Review of Mezzanine El Nido

Mezzanine El Nido
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in El Nido
Cuisines: Italian, Thai, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Pasig, Philippines
“Got Hospitalized Because of Eating Shrimp”
Reviewed December 3, 2015

My colleague and I got hospitalized because of eating shrimps from their seafood pasta. We had our dinner at Mezzanine Restaurant last Nov 29. We ordered bread sticks, two orders of pizza, carbonara and seafood pasta. Because my colleague and I love shrimp, we had all the three pieces of shrimps from the pasta. It was the only food that both of us ate while the rest didn't. We missed our island hopping activity because my colleague and I were in the hospital for 6 hours. I will never recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited November 2015
3 Thank marxtermind
Mezzanine E, Owner at Mezzanine El Nido, responded to this review, December 5, 2015
FYI,
- Mezzanine El Nido is, if not the only, one of the few restaurant in El Nido to follow HACCP international norms of food preservation and conservation.
Also, all of our seafood served is fresh from the day. Nothing gets to stay overnight in our fridge because of the high turn over.
- A water problem has been identified in El Nido: it has been strongly advised to all travelers not to drink water from the tap (even while brushing your teeth), or buying fruit shakes from the streets. There have been many cases of intoxication in El Nido but Mezzanine has always been the safest place for both locals and foreigners to have a meal.
- Last, allow me to clarify one essential point in this review: as of today, there is still NO hospital in El Nido.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
hull
“Takeaway delivery”
Reviewed November 14, 2015 via mobile

Had pizza and Calzone delivered to our hotel one night which was lovely as we was tired from a boat trip. The food was average but we appreciated it being delivered to us! Expensive for the Philippines.

Wellington, New Zealand
“Relaxing and good”
Reviewed November 12, 2015

We were here for desert but we wish we had dinner here. If you want to sit and talk, this is a good place. We enjoyed the deserts and the ocean's gentle waves.

Bacolod, Philippines
“Nice ambience”
Reviewed November 11, 2015

The view and sound of the waves makes for a relaxing meal here. My friend and I shared a vegetarian pizza since we weren't that hungry, it was delicious. Would definitely eat here again if I come back to El Nido.

• Visited November 2015
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, great view”
Reviewed November 8, 2015

Stumbled upon this place and we ended up going back as it was a great retreat in El Nido. The pizzas are particularly good but would recommend the local mussels.