“Best first experience dive”

La Salangane Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for a dive center that has just that little extra, this is the place for you! In La Salangane Dive Center, we believe there is more to diving than the time you spend under water. That is why we want to make sure you enjoy your travel time on our spacious "banka" (local boat) as much as your time in the ocean. We keep dive groups small, offer healthy snacks and drinks in between the dives, customize the lunch to your needs and more. A lunch that you will enjoy on a tropical beach that is totally postcard material!! When it comes to diving courses, El Nido has it all! The amazing seascape offers perfect conditions for beginners as well as more challenging dive sites like a tunnel and deep underwater forests for those who like to improve their skills through continuing education. Our multilingual dive masters and instructors have years of experience in this area, making them experts in the local marine life.
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

I had the privilege to experience my first dive ever in the #1 island in the world with the best dive centre in El Nido!

I had no prior experience in diving and Krysta the dive instructor took me to two of my first dives ever. The equipment was flawless and skills instructions for DSD (discover scuba diving) was great! I had the best time ever and now I'm hooked on scuba diving. Looking forward to take my Padi certification with Krysta and La Salangane!

The best part of the dive was afterwards when we dropped by a secluded island beach and ate the most amazing food prepared by the crew. Easily one of my most memorable days in El Nido! Thank you Krysta and La Salangane!

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

We been there today for three fun dives as we made some bad experience with another dive center in El Nido (tabanka).

We took it, because they said they have a small boat and we could have a private guide. After we arrive there in the morning about 08:45 they said they need more time to prepare things, so we could leave 09:30, which is already pretty late. So we had time to try fins. We had no chance to see the rest of the equipment. At 10 am (!!) we went to the boat, a really small one with two non-divers and another diver. At the first divesite we realized our euquipment is overaged, had wrong sizes and they had no spare on the boat. The diveguide, also instructor, said it would work fine. Yaya. We had trouble with the gear and tank during the whole dive. The guide, krista, enjoyed her time under water without any guiding or specialties beneath water. Of course, we had no briefing for the site either...

After diving in couples places round the globe, this was the worst experience ever!!! I cannot understand they have a good review on tripadvisor.

Back in the office of this "divecenter" we complaint about guide, boat and equipment. The girl just said, put it on tripadvisor so here boss can read (here you go).

She did not care about the risks and lives this might cost.

Do yourself a favor, go to deep blue or submariner. La Salange just sucks!

1  Thank Trip642434
Reviewed 4 October 2015

When I arrived in El Nido, I had no intention of learning how to scuba dive. After meeting so many people who were there to dive, I was curious. I spoke to several other dive shops, but came upon this one literally to get out of the rain one night. It was meant to be - immediately Dalila impressed me with her professionalism and knowledge of diving. She walked me thru the process to become certified in open water, and I could tell she really cared about the students having the best experience. Gina was my instructor and again, it was meant to be. She was patient and reassuring on my first dive - which can be a bit disorienting the first few moments. Because of her, I quickly calmed down and had a successful first dive! She had prepared me for all of the exercises, and I was confident practicing them with her underwater. Best part was her positive attitude and humor - the three days I spent learning from her were fun! We laughed even while under the water. I always felt like I was in good hands while being assured my experience was safe and top class. Class sizes are small, which creates an intimate experience as well as the opportunity to actually dive post exercises - I saw so many fish, even on my first dive! I couldn't recommend this shop more - if you want to learn how to scuba while having fun, this should be your top choice.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

I settled on La Salangane for my open water after investigating and visiting a number of dive companies in El Nido. El Nido is not the cheapest place in the Philippines to do your open water, but it's definitely a beautiful place to do so. I wanted to get my open water before going to Coron (we were headed there next), so I wouldn't have the chance to do it elsewhere at a cheaper price. That being said La Salangane provides competitive prices in El Nido and my boyfriend who already had his open water, kept explaining how much value I got for my experience. I chose La Salangane because I got a good feel for the people during my visit. I could tell it was a smaller company, but that the people were very friendly, loved diving and would be a good fit for my first dive. I was a little scared, so I was apprehensive to commit to my open water until I had tried it out first. They made me feel comfortable and let me include my discovery dives, as part of my open water. The equipment was in good shape and the boat crew was great. They let my boyfriend sit in as a refresher as they walked me step by step on how to assemble the gear. There were very few people out on the boat with us, at max there were 2 other divers, besides my boyfriend and I. I had the dive instructor Delila to myself for all of my open water instruction dives. The dives were wonderful and both Delila and the other dive masters were great at pointing out interesting sea life. When it was time for lunch they picked quiet islands for us to have a private meal with beautiful scenery and delicious food. My boyfriend had paid for a couple days of diving, but didn't want to dive every day I was doing my open water. Therefore, they let him come out on the boat and snorkel while we dove free of charge. I can't thank Delila and the rest of the staff enough for making my open water a wonderful experience and inspiring my love of diving. I would definitely recommended going with La Salangane if you are making a visit to El Nido.