“Best experience for a first dive !!”

La Salangane Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are looking for a dive center that has just that little extra, this is the place for you! In La Salangane Dive Center, we believe there is more to diving than the time you spend under water. That is why we want to make sure you enjoy your travel time on our spacious "banka" (local boat) as much as your time in the ocean. We keep dive groups small, offer healthy snacks and drinks in between the dives, customize the lunch to your needs and more. A lunch that you will enjoy on a tropical beach that is totally postcard material!! When it comes to diving courses, El Nido has it all! The amazing seascape offers perfect conditions for beginners as well as more challenging dive sites like a tunnel and deep underwater forests for those who like to improve their skills through continuing education. Our multilingual dive masters and instructors have years of experience in this area, making them experts in the local marine life.
Reviewed 10 May 2015

When we arrived in El Nido, one of the person we met was Dalila at the Salangane (restaurant). she introduced herself and we finally discover that she was the responsible of the Salangane Dive center. My cousine and I told her that we could be interested by diving but we were really scared because we never tryed before... and yet, we already met others responsible of dive center in our life. There was a kind of feeling that there had been with no one else.
We can definitely say that one of the best experience of our life. The monitors take their time to explain and create a kind of confidence that allow you to leave your fears. We also had the chance to get one teacher by person; what is not the case in the others dive center.
If we come back in El Nido soon, we will pass our graduation (open water) for sure! we recommend la Salangane Dive center especially if you never dive before ! For the advanced divers, you could also have some fun following the professionalism staff of this dive center !

Celine and Anaïs

Reviewed 2 May 2015

My boyfriend and I signed up for a day of diving (for him) and snorkelling (for me). He had an awesome day with the amazing dive masters, and said it was some of the best diving he had ever done in his life. In particular a tunnel near Helicopter Island which had so many fish and cool coral. I went snorkelling just as a passenger on the boat, and although they forgot to bring me a snorkel and mask (had to borrow from another boat), had a really nice day as well, especially snorkelling off helicopter island. As opposed to the Island Hopping experience, there was no one else snorkelling when we arrived so I had the whole area to myself. Overall though it is definitely the staff that make this place awesome, they are very friendly and knowledgeable and we would definitely have gone out with them again if we had time!

Reviewed 14 March 2015

I had several fun dives with them and I also took my Nitrox course. Dalida and Toon are 2 fantastic instructors, they are highly knowledgeable, patient with very good teaching skills and friendly above all. Besides the diving, the trip on the boat, with a small group of people, was lovely, the crew is really cool and they take you to really nice diving spots. Last but not least, the BBQ lunch was just perfect: delicious food on an idyllic beach…HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reviewed 19 December 2014 via mobile

I did to fun-dives and my girlfriend her first dive ever. She has trouble equalizing, even in an airplane, so was a bit scared. On the boat Toon (belgian instructor) managed to make her feel comfortable. When she went in the water with a very laid back Philipinian instructor she managed to equallize and made two lovely dives. Lunch was very good with fresh fruit, vegetables and grilled meat and rice.

1  Thank 07Daan
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 December 2014

We had a great experience in our Discover Scuba day with Toon (Tone) I was pretty nervous for my first time, but I felt very safe with him. He explained everything clearly and had a lot of patience with my questions. He's easy to talk to as well, and is very passionate about diving. The lunch was tasty and plentiful, and they gave us time to chill out on the beach and play in the water before we went for our second dive. We even considered rearrranging our trip to do the three day certification, but ultimately decided that we will have to go back to La Salangane another time for that : ) I definitely recommend this shop for a great scuba diving experience!